PDA

View Full Version : I BROKE SOMETHING WHAT IS IT?! vacuum line

kukerdan
07-16-2009, 09:13 AM
HI, I was doing the sea foam deal, I decided to use the vacuum line going to whatever that black cylander looking thing is right next to the washer fluid fill up, it snapped the peg off inside the vacuum line, car seems to idle and run fine without it, what is it?

CzEcHy
07-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Has to do with your power steering I believe..

russiankid
07-16-2009, 09:57 AM
No, its a vacuum storage tank for the cruise control.

kukerdan
07-16-2009, 10:01 AM
oh mint, yeah when it popped off it def had vac built up, its not hooked to anything else at all, so i think its the cruise control. Good thing Mine isnt even hooked up, ps, i was able to epoxy it back on thanks for the help.

Car blew a good amount of smoke and seems a little smoother thruought the powerband, shes in good shape anyway, 135k 89 lxi.

Thanks

2ndGenGuy
07-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Do you have Cruise Control? I bet it's the vacuum canister that helps operate the cruise control actuator. Just pick up another one at the junkyard.

EDIT: FML I must have had this page posted up in the background for like an hour cos there are like 4 new responses...

CzEcHy
07-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh ya I was thinking it was connected to the power steering fluid reservoir, forgot about cruise control lol..

kukerdan
07-16-2009, 10:13 AM
yeah its mint, my cc is dead on this one, was dc'd when i got it, dont plan on hooking it up and running into a tree :-p

:bong: