PDA

View Full Version : Clifford alarm w/ trunk input

maka_RTH
07-19-2009, 11:19 PM
So, my question is, on the main harness it says the the blue wire can be used with an optional hood/trunk pin. I want to hook it up to the trunk (since the battery will be in the trunk). Do I just hook this wire into the circuit w/ the trunk light, just like the doors? Like, with the doors, you connect the wire between the dome light and the door sensor. Does it work the same for the trunk? Or do I need a relay or something?

Also, as another question, there is an existing alarm on the car, although it kinda sucks which is why I'm putting my clifford in. If I hook up both sirens though, will they sound different tones at the same time? Or do they get the tone from the brain? (I'm new to installing alarms, but I have no prob w/ the wiring part).

ghettogeddy
07-19-2009, 11:28 PM
i would actually install a trunk pin, i dont believe you will get the desired performance from just hooking it to the light, plus a pin is almost fault proof

MessyHonda
07-20-2009, 10:31 PM
i would do the pin....i have the level with the mercury inside but if i park downhill it does not work properly

Nici
11-23-2009, 07:13 PM
which is it? i remember having written down which pin and color it is blue i think but then i looked at the plugs and theres two plugs with pins and a few wires that are blue. anyone have a pic of which wire i connect to the trunk pop?

also, nissans are double pulse unlock, but even on double pulse setting on my alarm function, i have to push the button twice... not sure why...

smayala
11-24-2009, 11:42 AM
I personaly would use the factory pin for a couple of reasons. First the factory pin is in the latch. So as soon as the truck is opened enough to clear the latch the light goes on which triggers the alarm. Aftermarket pins can be useful however you run into the problem of placement. Most times people drill a hole and it works for a while ( placement is key here ) however it will usually rust out. Mercury switches are nice however if you park on a hill it may not work properly. The last option is to use a magnetic contact switch. ( Normally close if I remember correctly) these are easy to mount and will not rust out, you can usually get them from any alarm shop. If your connecting to the factory pin only with that wire its a straight connection, However if you are connecting it to the hood as well then you need to use diode to prevent feed back into the trunk pin circuit. ie stopping it from coming on when the hood is opened.

The serin is what produces the sound not the brain so it may play to different sounds at the same time.