PDA

View Full Version : EGR Blockoff and B17 manifold.

mushroom_toy
07-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Alright well a few questions....we got my block off plate on and now my car lopes lol...I didnt hear or feel any leaks...also what all can i remove from the b17 manifold. In other words what all will I not be using on the a20.

Pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/More%20Car/IMGP5260.jpg

2ndGenGuy
07-21-2009, 09:51 PM
You may not be able to hear or feel a leak. Especially since a leak is air getting sucked in. Get some Butane or staring fluid and spray it around your EGR plate and manifold gasket. I've dealt with a lot of vacuum leaks, and even after you think everything is good, it might not be.

mushroom_toy
07-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Well after driving in it today, it was obvious that i had a leak, and that was the only thing I had changed so I went ahead took it off and put a bunch of gasket maker on it, and gonna let it sit and hopefully thatll fix it by tomorrow.

Rendon LX-i
07-22-2009, 09:31 PM
thats what i want to know...what can i use...whats the deal on th front for....i would like to take that off and put a plate over it

mushroom_toy
07-23-2009, 02:55 AM
^I made two of em for tims car both one one the side and the top one. As for my car the pacesetter isnt on yet though so I just made one for the top. Just use some simple steel sheeting, doesnt have to be too thick.

2oodoor
07-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Make sure you are isolating the ports underneath the block off plate, WITH the block off plate. If vaccum is passing thru there you have a wide open ON condition of egr.

What is that last port for on the flange?

IAC should be checked out too...

mushroom_toy
07-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah I got it sealed up with gasket maker. Turns out there was a leak in my plate...not anymore for now. :)