PDA

View Full Version : soon painting my interior

beran24
07-23-2009, 11:20 AM
ok so i got the interior from another car from import racer he already started to paint it black for the hard plastic and black & blue for the fabric. I went today and had to order the blue dupli color fabric interior paint. It should be in tomorrow.

I'm just wondering what is the best way to prep the fabric like the seats and stuff for the paint to get good results? Anyone ever do this or have any tips? Thanks

import racer
07-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Make sure you vacuum it really good then wash with a carpet shampoo,rinse good and let dry.Then your ready to dye them.

Civic Accord Honda
07-23-2009, 12:38 PM
black and blue interior ftw

beran24
07-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Make sure you vacuum it really good then wash with a carpet shampoo,rinse good and let dry.Then your ready to dye them.

when you got the fusion paint for the hard plastic did you get the one with the more of a gloss black cover or the flat black cover? cuz I was in canadain tire and seen both and i got the gloss black cover one

Civic Accord Honda
07-23-2009, 01:07 PM
semi satin is best for interior.. gloss comes out kinda odd and will show finger prints like mad...

beran24
07-23-2009, 01:22 PM
semi satin is best for interior.. gloss comes out kinda odd and will show finger prints like mad...

http://krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

this is the paint i got for the hard plastic I did get the gloss black has anyone used this will it be ok?
And it dont come in semi satin, it only comes in satin

Pico
07-24-2009, 07:18 PM
semi gloss is better, I did my dash originally in gloss and just redid it with semi.
Much better IMO

beran24
07-24-2009, 08:03 PM
semi gloss is better, I did my dash originally in gloss and just redid it with semi.
Much better IMO

what bran of paint did you use?

Pico
07-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Krylon Fusion for plastic

beran24
07-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Krylon Fusion for plastic

they make semi gloss? On there site all i seen was gloss, satin and flat

Pico
07-24-2009, 08:10 PM
they make semi gloss? On there site all i seen was gloss, satin and flat

your right I just went back over my thread and it was satin that I went with
Sorry

beran24
07-24-2009, 08:13 PM
your right I just went back over my thread and it was satin that I went with
Sorry

k man thanks anyway i'm gonna use the satin and take the gloss i bought back. cuz the guy i got the interior from started painting the pieces and he said he used satin to

beran24
08-27-2009, 07:18 PM
started painting my interior today, i'm not gonna bother doing the seats im just gonna put seat covers over them. But I got the back pannels done and in the car they turned out really good.
I only took these 2 pics cuz it was dark by the time i put them back in but ill take pics with them in soon.

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff342/gould529/pannels.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff342/gould529/pannels2.jpg

Joay
08-28-2009, 06:36 AM
Looks like they came out nice. How does it feel to the touch? I hate my placenta-red interior and at some point I want to follow Pico's example and paint it all black. But I wonder if it's going to feel plasticky or greasy afterwards.

import racer
08-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Fusion for plastic is good for hard plastic panels,but don't use it on soft plastic parts or it will be sticky when it dries.

carotman
08-28-2009, 01:41 PM
The top part (soft) should be dyed instead of painted like "import racer" said.

Seems to have come out nice. Time will tell if it holds well too.

That blue is wayyyy too bright for me tough.

jasonrebellion
08-28-2009, 04:00 PM
I've been tryin to think of a way to put some orange in my lxi4dr for my wife..its her fav. color and she's almost obssessive over it...i just can't seem to think of any way that I could do it and it not look gawdy....I've got the sedan grey interior

Joay
08-28-2009, 05:59 PM
I've been tryin to think of a way to put some orange in my lxi4dr for my wife..its her fav. color and she's almost obssessive over it...i just can't seem to think of any way that I could do it and it not look gawdy....I've got the sedan grey interior
Change the cluster & HVAC LEDs to orange? Looks great in BMWs.

beran24
08-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Looks like they came out nice. How does it feel to the touch? I hate my placenta-red interior and at some point I want to follow Pico's example and paint it all black. But I wonder if it's going to feel plasticky or greasy afterwards.

more less feels the same as stock to me but i never tried painting seats or anything. I had some I got from Import racer but the top half wouldnt work it was made different and to me they did feel kinda rough

import racer
08-29-2009, 12:36 PM
You need to brush it with a soft brissel brush between coats.

beran24
08-29-2009, 02:33 PM
You need to brush it with a soft brissel brush between coats.

I dont know i'm not gonna paint mine but the ones i got from you felt rough

stat1K
08-29-2009, 04:00 PM
this thread makes me sad.

Civic Accord Honda
08-29-2009, 04:35 PM
started painting my interior today, i'm not gonna bother doing the seats im just gonna put seat covers over them. But I got the back pannels done and in the car they turned out really good.
I only took these 2 pics cuz it was dark by the time i put them back in but ill take pics with them in soon.

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff342/gould529/pannels.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff342/gould529/pannels2.jpg
thats the way i was going to paint my civics... damnit i still have :rice: in me

stat1K
08-29-2009, 06:06 PM
please don't cah just leave it alone.

Civic Accord Honda
08-29-2009, 06:32 PM
please don't cah just leave it alone.

the new owners can do what they want with it lol the accords interior is staying brown as i love brown interior lol

stat1K
08-30-2009, 04:51 AM
see what makes me sad about this is that when i go to the junkyard to get parts for the interior and you guys have painted everything it makes it impossible.

LX-incredible
08-30-2009, 09:54 AM
:werd:

beran24
08-31-2009, 06:17 PM
see what makes me sad about this is that when i go to the junkyard to get parts for the interior and you guys have painted everything it makes it impossible.
\
Well i'm taken my time to paint it so it looks good and i plan on keepin my 3G for awhile so its not gonna be in the junkyard anytime soon. And when it does goto a junk yard there isnt gonna be very many ppl in my area looking for the interior parts anyway cuz there is few 3g's on the road here as it is and in my area i've only ever seen 2 other coupes the rest were 4 doors so half the interior would be no good to them anyway.
But i understand what you are saying.

stat1K
09-01-2009, 05:27 AM
yeah if you plan on keeping it for a while that's fine, most say that when they come on this site, but then most of us no longer have them and even more are not even active members anymore after they realize that the car is just extremely hard to find performance parts for.

you should really do the upholstery on the seats though, it will set it off that much more.