PDA

View Full Version : My 3g is Posessed

Toneloc5145
07-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Today was an unbelievable day for my car. I had to be at work at 6:00 a.m. and the plan was to leave from work and drive 5 or so hours to visit my GF for the weekend. Well, that is definitely not gonna happen, at least not today.

I'm driving along, and I hear a squeaking sound on the left side of the engine, and then what sounds like rocks. The sound goes away. The squeaking sound comes back, and then the rock sound comes again. At that point I stop and find 2 of the 3 water pump pulley bolt's missing. It takes me 3 hours to fix that because of the lack of tools.

So, finally that gets fixed. I drive 2 or so miles, see a plume of smoke, and the car cuts off. Turns out the freaking hose leading to the thermostat popped off. Who knows how. And the car shut off because a vaccum hose miraculously developed a leak.

Unbelievable day I tell you.

lostforawhile
07-24-2009, 03:54 PM
they come equipped with Gremlins from the factory, they are Japanese you know. Any old car like this,take a day and a set of sockets, and start checking the tightness on all your bolts. they do work loose after a couple of decades. locktite is your best friend, especially on those water pump bolts.is the little triangle washer still on there? it helps keep the bolts tight. every bolt i take off gets blue locktite before it goes back in. the blue is the kind that can be removed. also those hoses, replace all those clamps if they are original.

Civic Accord Honda
07-24-2009, 04:30 PM
the fun and joy of owning a 3rd generation accord!

AccordB20A
07-24-2009, 07:48 PM
must be a USDM only thing.

MessyHonda
07-25-2009, 01:00 AM
shit happens...lol

Toneloc5145
07-25-2009, 02:31 AM
The weird thing is, its been driving perfect. It just decided to do all that when I was headed to NY. Hell, I went to work earlier that morning, and it made no weird sounds,didnt overheat...It drove perfect. Funny how it acts up like that.