PDA

View Full Version : Dash lights

Lil Mike
07-25-2009, 06:28 PM
i usually hate posting this stuff and asking questions, but i need to get my car on the road and i cant figure it out. i have no back lighting for my dash and nothing on the climate control lights up at night. my tail lights work and ive checked over every fuse, this dash has come in and out like 3 times now and im assuming i have missed something. does anyone know where the pigtail is located so i can crawl up and figure it out some more.

Also does anyone know if wiper arms from the 3gee are the same on the 2gee i seem to have misplaced mine and has stopped me from getting my safety done.

ekoms
07-28-2009, 10:59 AM
when I had taken my cluster out a bunch of times I ended up breaking a wire off the dimmer, & had no power to any of the dash lights. it took me a long time to figure that out. check & make sure your dimmer has all 3 wires soldered on good.

Civic Accord Honda
07-28-2009, 11:32 AM
another thing is on theses cars the dimmer switch likes to fuck out and your have to wiggle the shit out of it before it works i know my eighty two accord had that problem

2ndGenGuy
07-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah without the dimmer switch nothing will work. I'd check that first. It's easy to fuck when you pull that dash bezel out. Also, there are a couple plugs that go into the fuse panel that are identical, if you switch them around, that dimmer will catch on fire. Or maybe just blow up. Ask me how I know about the fire.

Also, make sure you have the grounds hooked up under the dash. There should be a group of them near the steering column, just some black wires with ring terminals that bolt up to the steel reinforcement bars...

Lil Mike
07-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah without the dimmer switch nothing will work. I'd check that first. It's easy to fuck when you pull that dash bezel out. Also, there are a couple plugs that go into the fuse panel that are identical, if you switch them around, that dimmer will catch on fire. Or maybe just blow up. Ask me how I know about the fire.

Also, make sure you have the grounds hooked up under the dash. There should be a group of them near the steering column, just some black wires with ring terminals that bolt up to the steel reinforcement bars...

Yo man dont scare me like that... your making go out and buy a fire extinguisher i swear. ill have to take a look at it tomorrow. ill see if im getting voltage at the dimmer. oh and i got some wiper arms to fit, from a 1999 chevy blazer LOL :P they'll have to do for now till i can find my honda ones.

Lil Mike
08-12-2009, 11:24 AM
So i finally got tired of seeing no dash lights at night and hearing a annoying rattle in the dash, that i decided to take it out agian. took me all of about 15 minutes i love it. when i took it apart i found 2 wires unplugged. one is red bullet connector and one is red/black tracer with a bullet connector. i hooked up 12v to it and bingo dash lights lit up. the wires look like this.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/HavocV69/Honda%20Accord/DSC00198.jpg?t=1250104587

you are looking at the dash drivers side where all the wires come down from the cluster and plug into the fusebox, near the coin tray.

i have absolutely no clue where these 2 wires plug in nothing near by at all to plug them into. John being a nice guy said he would look into his FSM when he gets home, but if anyone else knows about these 2 wires that would be sweet.