PDA

View Full Version : System cuts out with bass hits during stops

zack_attack2010
07-26-2009, 06:30 PM
hey, i have a system with a deck 4 6 1/2's and 2 10's and when im going down the highway it plays fine for the most part, but then in town in stop and go traffic my system cuts out, especially at louder volumes with heavy hitting songs, but im thinking about hooking up a second battery or a cap, well if anyone has any solutions let me know!!! THANKS!!!:dunno:

Civic Accord Honda
07-26-2009, 11:23 PM
my deck did this when i was over powering the internal amp(i hooked a small 8" sub up to the deck without a sub just to help with some bass since im broke as fuck lol) now the rear speaker ch dont work :(

A18A
07-26-2009, 11:44 PM
check your connections and stuff, maybe the alternator or battery is failing and making the voltage for your amp drop enough to make the amp cut out?

MessyHonda
07-27-2009, 11:08 PM
does the whole system cut out or just the bass?

zack_attack2010
07-28-2009, 12:12 PM
does the whole system cut out or just the bass?

the entire system cuts out, and then if i have it up at about 45+ volume the deck will shut off and turn back on, ESPECIALLY if i have the AC on or something

but its weird cause at the very beginning of the day when i first drive it will be fine for a little bit but then it just starts cutting out like CRAZY, i think im gonna take the deck back to wal-mart and just exchange for a new one....for a second time, cause when i took it back the first time and got the new one it worked just fine, but then eventually it just started shitting out, lol, cause i have pulled the deck and checked all the connections in the harness, checked the connections to the amp(i only have one amp, its just for the subs) and checked for anything suspicious, but nothing, lol