PDA

View Full Version : ok dumb question time

Cody
07-30-2009, 04:18 AM
Can a get a prelude front bar that fits a 3gee? I basically wrote off my red si hatch a month ago, and i cant find a bumper in that colour because its rare. Thats not stopping me from putting it back on the road though. Anyway I can only find the black bumpers from the carby model and to be honest they look ugly as sin (to me), and I dont wanna spend much on paint.

Any help?

lostforawhile
07-30-2009, 06:34 AM
Can a get a prelude front bar that fits a 3gee? I basically wrote off my red si hatch a month ago, and i cant find a bumper in that colour because its rare. Thats not stopping me from putting it back on the road though. Anyway I can only find the black bumpers from the carby model and to be honest they look ugly as sin (to me), and I dont wanna spend much on paint.

Any help?
get the hatch ones,the solid amber is very eighties, or do what i did, talk to one of our guys in the countries that has the jdm type parts or edm, and get the front turn signals with the parking lights, they look just like the ones on european sports cars, the parking light is seprate from the turn signal,each has it's own bulb, they only fit 86 87 or hatch bumpers. painting the bumper is easy, get some of the really good flexible primer from nappa,their store brand,it's high build and you can wet sand, sand down your bumper,repair any damage, then prime,wet sand, and spray with the duplicolor bumper paint, the primer is what makes it stick. the color is perfect. i have a thread somewhere, i need to repair mine after hitting a possum.http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/772847-r1-22-3a_023-1.jpg

markmdz89hatch
07-30-2009, 08:23 AM

Any help?

Just buzzbomb it (spraypaint). If you were to get the all black bumper just mask off the areas not to receive paint, and hit up your local hardware store for a few cans of a closely matched red, and a can or two of clear spraypaint. Borrow your girlfriends hairdryer and be sure to dry each coat of paint thoroughly with the dryer before recoating.

Cody
07-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Just buzzbomb it (spraypaint). If you were to get the all black bumper just mask off the areas not to receive paint, and hit up your local hardware store for a few cans of a closely matched red, and a can or two of clear spraypaint. Borrow your girlfriends hairdryer and be sure to dry each coat of paint thoroughly with the dryer before recoating.

Might just do that, ey. thanks! Always just a little scared im gonna ruin everything, paint isnt my forte, but havent got many other options.

86ccord
07-31-2009, 08:40 AM
sounds good..d

but lost, why so many foglights? are you blind..:D:D:D :D

lostforawhile
07-31-2009, 08:49 AM
sounds good..d

but lost, why so many foglights? are you blind..:D:D:D :Done set is a true fog, one set are driving lights, I live in the middle of nowhere, once you get out of the city there are no street lights, nearest city is around 30 to 40 miles in any direction, only one set works at a time anyway, fogs for low beam and driving for high beam. we also get about 30 days a year of severe fog. the roads around here are like the ones you see just outside of town in all the horror movies.

86ccord
07-31-2009, 08:55 AM
lol yeah i know how it is.. but still looks tight!! lol

lostforawhile
07-31-2009, 12:01 PM
lol yeah i know how it is.. but still looks tight!! lol
right now the bumper and lights are in my back room,and the car is in the garage, the euro turn signals are wrapped in foam and on a shelf in my garage. it will all go back together soon. i'm thinking about lexan covers for the signals, attached to the bumper, those signals are rare, and it will look like an endurance racer.