PDA

View Full Version : QUICK Question on Carbed Intake Mani

mushroom_toy
08-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Ok well almost got it ready to fire up, but I have a few problems before I can see if she runs. First i need to know what those two solenoid looking plugs on the very rear of the im are, they have about 2-3 nipples coming out of each and screw into the manifold. 2nd which line from the dizzy do i hook to the mani/carb, and what do I do with the other.

mushroom_toy
08-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Nevermind I just plugged them and it seems to be doing well. Now it will idle fine, but when I push the throttle it wants to die unless I flutter the throttle.

mephi
08-02-2009, 11:27 PM
I think those things are the wax thermovalves. Is this a stock carb or are you running an after market? Is the choke opening all of the way? It almost sounds like you have some sort of fuel delivery issue.

As far as the dizzy goes, hook up the one closest to the distributor body, or just use them both...

mushroom_toy
08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Well its stock carb, but its a stage 4 vac removal. Its running pretty good now though, It doesnt want to die anymore, but drove it down the road and it still ahs a little hesitation...im contributing this to sucking waaay to much air in though. Also there is no choke anymore and it manual secondary.

mephi
08-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Make sure you have the vacuum advance hooked up right. As far as the carb goes though, I gave up trying to figure it out after I realized there was a Weber 38 sitting on a shelf in my brother's garage collecting dust. Much easier to deal with. I have heard that the fuel cutoff solenoid can sometimes cause a problem.

Your info says you drive an LXi though--what's up with the carb?

mushroom_toy
08-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Its my parts car....which im turning into a track car. Didnt run when I got it so i did a stage 4 vac removal to get rid of all the crappy vac lines. My other accord is the lxi in my sig.

mephi
08-03-2009, 10:14 PM
The carb section has some pretty good stickied threads, and there are also a couple of useful ones in how-to and the FAQ. When I did mine, I never got past the stage 2. Read through the manual in the emissions control section too. That has really saved me some time. You just have to decipher everything.

greentee76
08-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah those are thermovalves and with a devac as intense as you have done they are basically water plugs now. LOL. As far as the dizzy I would hook the port closest to the block to manifold vacuum, and call it good.
That's how I have mine plumbed with the weber.

mushroom_toy
08-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Sounds good.

Civic Accord Honda
08-05-2009, 04:50 PM
i wanna see pix of this new accord!

mushroom_toy
08-05-2009, 06:32 PM
when its lowered lol, with all the rust and dirt it looks like pure asshole at the moment lol.

greentee76
08-05-2009, 06:57 PM
when its lowered lol, with all the rust and dirt it looks like pure asshole at the moment lol.

Ha.. That's why no one has seen mine. She doesn't look very good, but man does she run!

mushroom_toy
08-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Yeah being as this is gonna be a autox car, its not gonna get to pretty lol. Im gonna autox a carbed auto...cant wait to see peoples faces haha.