PDA

View Full Version : any reason this wouldn't work?

Strugglebucket
08-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I was thinking about using this (http://www.mcmaster.com/#8412k13/=30alua) as endlinks for my suspension techniques front bar, instead of the 4 bushing sandwich it uses now.

I'd attach the studs to the bar and lca with washers to fit in the bevel and a nut with a jam nut to keep it from coming loose. I know the specs don't include a load rating, but at least it's steel.

Oldblueaccord
08-02-2009, 06:37 AM
I dont see why not.Tricky little part with the ball joint built into it

wp

Ichiban
08-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Will the 30 degree swivel provide enough range of motion to avoid binding? It seems like it would only have 15 Deg per side?

Strugglebucket
08-02-2009, 12:27 PM
hmm, I think the bar and lca would have the most misalignment when the suspension is at full droop? I thought the arcs matched fairly well. I guess I'd need to take the springs out and move the suspension through its full range to check.

Ichiban
08-02-2009, 05:35 PM
hmm, I think the bar and lca would have the most misalignment when the suspension is at full droop? I thought the arcs matched fairly well. I guess I'd need to take the springs out and move the suspension through its full range to check.

I'm just curious because the axis of rotation of the LCA and stabilizer bar are perpendicular to each other.

markmdz89hatch
08-03-2009, 06:22 AM
not only the load rating, but the vibration dampening of the 4-bushing sandwich, as opposed to this which would essentially be a bushing-less setup. The anti-sway bar endlinks take a beating, and I'm not sure that ball-joint setup would be up for the job. Just IMO though.

What is the goal for doing this? Just to reduce the slop associated with the stock endlink setup?

Strugglebucket
08-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah, less slop and (assuming the joint doesn't run out of pivot) less binding.

The rear st bar has a nice rod end on it in combination with 2 bushings and it's easy to swap the bushings to metal. I've never liked the way the front is set up with a bolt that just sort of mushes around.