PDA

View Full Version : Faaaaazkkkkcccc

Tomisimo
08-04-2009, 09:01 PM
My Luck
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/Bilde004.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/Bilde005.jpg

I hate mechanics that do that shit, threads in the head were fucked up "Exuse my french" Im PISSED OFF!!! so I fuckin skrewed now ha? Well nothing to do than go to JY and pull a head off.

Shit I hate everything right now!!!!:burn::burn:

Nafs Asdf
08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Aw shit, that sucks. Hope you get it sorted out quickly.

Tomisimo
08-04-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm eating now and I'm off to JY ASAP, have only 25mints so I dont mess commute train.
There was 3 different spark plugs in this head, because the threads was Fkdup, but no one tald me that did they?..

AccordB20A
08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
lol thats really gay, feel sorry for you

2oodoor
08-05-2009, 08:22 AM
heli coil kit and vacuum cleaner, fix it without removing the head.. and now I have a camera to inspect the CC to make sure it got cleaned out good.

russiankid
08-05-2009, 08:30 AM
This is why I ALWAYS hand thread the spark plugs all the way, then finish off with a ratchet.

Civic Accord Honda
08-05-2009, 10:51 AM
i know that feeling :(

Rendon LX-i
08-05-2009, 11:04 AM
This is why I ALWAYS hand thread the spark plugs all the way, then finish off with a ratchet.

yup i always do that if it snags then i turn it back out....and i used antisize

russiankid
08-05-2009, 01:34 PM
yup i always do that if it snags then i turn it back out....and i used antisize

I always put a dab of anti-sieze. I just changed the spark plugs today, last time I did them I didn't clean the threads but the time before that I did. They came out smooth, and went in smooth.

JFern
08-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Ya shady mechanics suck, and i deal with them everyday at my work, but there is a tool out there that can rethread those backwards so that you don't have to worry about threads in the chamber, its like forty dollars here in california. or you can use a helicoil, and a bat next time you see the guy who did this

russiankid
08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
There is a special insert sold specifically for spark plugs. A regular heli coil will not withstand the pressure of a combustion chamber. The kit isn't cheap, but it does work and it actually makes the threads stronger than before.

Dr_Snooz
08-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Dude that so sucks. I'd agree with Roodoo and Russiankid. Just helicoil it if you can.

JFern
08-05-2009, 07:17 PM
There is a special insert sold specifically for spark plugs. A regular heli coil will not withstand the pressure of a combustion chamber. The kit isn't cheap, but it does work and it actually makes the threads stronger than before.

the one at my work is cheaper than the helicoil set (its a spark plug thread repair kit) i dont think they have kragens in europe though (or outside of CA for that matter), but if you are getting a new head it doesnt matter much than does it?

Tomisimo
08-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I dont mind to use heli-coil tool, but I cant find it here first, and its designed to retread. I cant take the plug out, it went in fairly slow and tight so chances that I will unscrew it out is fairly small. even if I can take it out I will have glass chips inside the cylinder. From where I'm standing, its more safe to change the head.

gp02a0083
08-06-2009, 07:53 AM

that's how your supposed do it

Tomismo : i know snap-o tools makes a tool for this very problem, at east for the spark plugs, on the newer ford trucks/suv's they were having a problem with the plug snapping in 1/2 like that , resulting it in being stuck in the head, its snap-on tools so its probably pricey. I don't think id work for this , i dont know if you can use and EZ-out bit , i would still take the head off and deal with it like that. Heli-coils are a good way to repair threads if there isn't enough meat left to retread to begin with, ive seen them use those on pro-stock and even nitro/top fuel dragsters, hell if it can handel about 6000 hp + i think it would handed the hp from the A20 :D

Tomisimo
08-06-2009, 08:10 AM
I know how to change plugs, done it like 100times before. but it was not possible to thread plug on by fingers as threads were damaged and you all know how it ends.. I just tried to force it with a thought "as long as I get it in, I dont mind" because its temporary engine I was going to use max one year.. till I get my B20 fixed..

I have worst engine luck ever...

gp02a0083
08-06-2009, 10:09 AM
hey at least this is only a head problem, its not like its the bottom end thats messed up *knocks on wood*

carotman
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, if you're going to buy a head, just get one for your B20A :D

Ichiban
08-06-2009, 04:21 PM
A regular heli coil will not withstand the pressure of a combustion chamber.

What? I actually researched into this, and it's wrong. The helicoil effectively increases the pitch diameter of the (steel) male thread, increasing its holding capacity in aluminum.

The kit isn't cheap, but it does work and it actually makes the threads stronger than before.

A set of 5 M8x1.25 Helicoils ran me about $80 CDN. A single spark plug thread Helicoil sleeve INSTALLED cost me $10 CDN. Been there, done that. I've also found that the sleeves, even though they are staked, like to come out regardless. I've never had a coil Helicoil come out like that before.

carotman
08-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Cylinder #1 is "prone" to stripped spark plug threads on the A20A. This is because the power steering pump is somewhat in your way when you reinstall the plug. The plus also needs to be installed a bit crooked in the head (like this \ ) instead of straight.

The A series have their spark plugs installed that way: / / \ \

Tomisimo
08-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Indeed right Carot.. I have notised that. Well I will take the steering pump hose up when I install spark on cylinder 1

Dr_Snooz
08-16-2009, 06:55 PM
I was just reading here (http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41195)and they were saying that if you smear your drill bit with axle grease, you can keep the filings from falling into the cylinder. Sounds like a good idea. Just wondering if anyone has tried it?

lostforawhile
08-16-2009, 07:02 PM
I was just reading here (http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41195)and they were saying that if you smear your drill bit with axle grease, you can keep the filings from falling into the cylinder. Sounds like a good idea. Just wondering if anyone has tried it?
thats true, and helicoils will work fine,helicoil is a brand not a particular item, you still have to use their spark plug repair inserts, it's not a standard thread. you drill the hole oversize then use the special tap in the kit, you then thread in the insert with the tool also provided,once it's threaded in place and you back out the tool, the special diamond shaped threads on the insert expand into the threads you just tapped, the helicoil repair is actually much stronger then aluminum itself, lots of guys who build race engines helicoil all the plug holes in aluminum heads,as well as all the other threaded holes,

Tomisimo
08-17-2009, 10:14 AM
I got it out :D

When I started the engine on 3 cylinders it spit out glass with the electrode out, so there was only tube left. So I used that screw bit that has opposite threads. and got it out.. So no head swap or helicoil was needed :)

Rendon LX-i
08-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Fuck yes.....I knew you could do it lol