PDA

View Full Version : Road trippin in the 3gee

G. White
08-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I know I haven't posted for quite a while, (been busy with work and such) but just wanted you guys to know the Accord is still alive and running strong. I am planning a trip to the bay area next week and instead of taking the truck....I'm rolling the Accord. Things I did in preparation of the 800 mile trip each way. Changed out lower radiator hose due to slight bit of chafeing---coolant check with one of those prestone gauges with the arrow----bled the cooling system when done. Put the car on jackstands, installed my addco rear sway---changed out leaking wheel cylinder and bled and cleaned brakes--pulled tires off and checked for sidewall and tread damage, aired up the spare--painted hubcaps and wheel wells---changed manual tranny fluid and engine oil/filter. New main relay. Waxed and detailed car, and painted rear window trim........now it sits in the garage awaiting the trip. I dig this car.

Dr_Snooz
08-05-2009, 06:09 PM
By "bay area," I believe you mean the San Francisco bay area, which will be a bit of a haul from Arizona. You should hook up with the 3geezers while you're there. They're a good bunch of guys.

What's the occasion? Something cool I hope.

G. White
08-06-2009, 09:34 AM
I really haven't been home "California" in a few years. I'll be going to visit friends and family. Most likely I will be taking the "fight" further north into Lake County---adding more mileage to the trip. I would kill to meet up with other members but will probably be running short on time with a full schedule of plans.

G. White
08-21-2009, 06:30 AM
2100+ miles driven in less than a week and a half. The car ran flawlessly achieving 35mpg the whole time. Best investment I ever made.

w261w261
08-21-2009, 06:34 AM
You didn't mention the fuel filter on what you did. If you haven't changed it in awhile, might be a good thing to do.

Pico
08-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Give us a heads up if you make it into the san francisco area