PDA

View Full Version : Official '09 3Geez NorthEast Meet. Aug.15th 2009

markmdz89hatch
08-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Alright guys, I know it's late to start the "Official" thread, but better late than never.

Where: 2 Places -->.
In the morning we'll all meet at EnglishTown Raceway Park to enjoy HondaDay. Once boredom sets in, and we're ready to head out, we'll all gather up and make the 30+ minute drive to Dave's house for burgers and dogs, and to just hang out for a while.

RaceWay Park Address:
230 Pension Road
Englishtown, NJ 07726-8462
www.racewaypark.com (http://www.racewaypark.com)

Dave's Address:
47 forest Drive
Jackson, NJ 08527

When: August 15th.
Englishtown's HondaDay starts at 9AM. *The earlier you show up the better.
We do not have a 'set time' to leave the track and therefore no set time to meet at Dave's.

Who: Well, sign up and let me know your name and how many people you're going to be bringing. Also, please let me know if you intend to show up for the first half (Englishtown), second half (Dave's house) or both.

Attendee List:
1. Mark (markmdz89hatch)............The whole meet............'89 Hatch on a Trailblazer
2. Steve (88lxi68)........................The whole meet............'88 Coupe
3. Rob (RobT5580).......................The whole meet............'89 Coupe
4. Johnny (Johnny-0)....................At least e-town............'87 Hatch (slightly modded)
5. Vinny (Vinny)...........................The whole meet.............(nothing, he's a bum)
6. Hal (w261w261).......................?................ ................'89 Sedan
7. Sam (russiankid).......................The whole meet............'89 Sedan
8. Dave (gp02a0083)....................The whole meet.............'87 Hatch
10. Jim (HolstileJava)......................The whole meet.............(soccer mom van hehe, sorry Jim)
11. Jean (carotman)........................Dave's house only..........'89 Sedan
12. Jean's girl (BaDPiSToN)...............Dave's house only..........(riding with Jean)
13. Chris (gtmst3)..........................The whole meet.............'86 Sedan
14. Chris' father.............................The whole meet.............(riding with Chris)
15. Harvey (A20A3).........................The whole meet.............'89 Coupe
16. Harvey's brother........................The whole meet............'88 Coupe
17. Alan (cubert)............................The whole meet.............(not a 3G, a TL)
18. (89lxisedan)..............................?....... .........................'89 Sedan
19. (Toneloc5145)...........................?......... .......................'89 Sedan
20. Paul (Paul)................................?........... ......................?

I am sorry if I missed anyone so far. Please look it over and PM or reply as necessary for the correction.

Also, if you're ok with it, please PM or post your cell number so we can all keep in touch at the day of the meet, and/or if we need to ping eachother for directions or help of some sort.

*Those that get there before 9AM, we can meet up at IHOP just minutes from the front gate so we can all roll in together.

IHOP's Address:
IHOP Restaurant
12 US Highway 9
Morganville, NJ 07751-1575

russiankid
08-06-2009, 11:42 AM
So Harvey is actually going to make it out? I thought he had to work? Anyway, I know I am bringing a grill, and Dave has the burgers,weiner(lol) and buns covered. Whose got the drinks?

Also, I tried searching from some prices on the Autox and if we can pre-register, but I didn't find anything.

markmdz89hatch
08-06-2009, 12:43 PM
So Harvey is actually going to make it out? I thought he had to work? Anyway, I know I am bringing a grill, and Dave has the burgers,weiner(lol) and buns covered. Whose got the drinks?

Also, I tried searching from some prices on the Autox and if we can pre-register, but I didn't find anything.

Harvey and his brother have no choice.

russiankid
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Ahh so harsh. So any idea on the pricing? I checked the website and only found prices for the road course, which are $125...which is way out of my price range.

markmdz89hatch
08-06-2009, 01:47 PM
yeah agreed, that price is fair as far as road courses go, but would put me in the poorhouse as well

No, i can't find anything as far as pricing goes

88LXi68
08-06-2009, 02:00 PM
I will get my axle replaced next week and then I should be good to go!

Vinny
08-06-2009, 02:37 PM
I wanna go I wanna go......oh wait I'm already going.

Still tyrying to get billing errors and bs staight from the TN trip, fun fun.

Looks like I'll have plenty of free time to spend so I may head to CT Sat night instead and stay the night somewhere out there, I could REALLY use the extra 2hrs of sleep.

Next time I'll upload the pics a little sooner, hopefully things wont be as hectic when I get home.

mushroom_toy
08-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I might have came, if I had known about this sooner.

russiankid
08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
I might have came, if I had known about this sooner.

The feeler thread has been up for over a month. :bandit:

carotman
08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
I may come to E-town (not sure yet). All depends of the weather and other random stuff. I'm on vacation after all!

I have your cellphone number Steve so I'll give a call If I come to E-town.

Here's mine (514)983-6772

P.S.
Dave address is in the other thread

russiankid
08-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah way to go Mark. Totally didn't post the meet up spot address and Dave's address.:tongue:

Vinny
08-06-2009, 04:04 PM
The feeler thread has been up for over a month. :bandit:

I'd think 6/23/09 would be plenty of notice :sadwave: Oh well more food for me

HostileJava
08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Alot of you probably already have my #, but for the new guys and the ones that lost it:

cubert
08-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Im getting the rear rotors for my car tomorrow..so the big silver land yacht will be good to go mechanically. After that all I need to do is finish Honda-izing the Acura...if that makes sense. :lol:

My name is Alan and my cell is (603) 566-7297

russiankid
08-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I am 50/50 right now on auto-x. I know I will go to E-town but when I was doing the lower ball joints the other day, I noticed the passenger upper ball joint isn't as tight as the drivers. Its loose IMO, but it doesn't have any play. So I guess we'll see.

gp02a0083
08-08-2009, 10:45 AM
when does everyone want/can meet up at the IHOP spot before we go to the track so we can all go together. i think it opens up around 9 am some members like Russian want to drop off stuff before going to the track so its not in the car for autoX, if anyone wants to do the same just lemme know

HostileJava
08-08-2009, 11:56 AM
when does everyone want/can meet up at the IHOP spot before we go to the track so we can all go together. i think it opens up around 9 am some members like Russian want to drop off stuff before going to the track so its not in the car for autoX, if anyone wants to do the same just lemme know

That sounds like a goood idea, I was actually a little concerned leaving all my electronics in the van.

russiankid
08-08-2009, 12:11 PM
That sounds like a goood idea, I was actually a little concerned leaving all my electronics in the van.

Hey what time are you leaving to head up? I was going to leave my house somewhere around 5:30-45.

speedpenguin
08-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Dammit! I have that week off but I'm already flying to Wisconsin that day. :[ I totally would have brought up my new Civic.

RobT5580
08-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Mark i get the trailer if my car breaks down right? LOL I finally have a day off (sunday) and its supposed to rain so i hope to get some time to work on the accord a little bit. I plan to take it so i will hope for the best.

cubert
08-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Dammit! I have that week off but I'm already flying to Wisconsin that day. :[ I totally would have brought up my new Civic.

excuses, excuses....

markmdz89hatch
08-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Mark i get the trailer if my car breaks down right? LOL I finally have a day off (sunday) and its supposed to rain so i hope to get some time to work on the accord a little bit. I plan to take it so i will hope for the best.

Yeah the trailer is for the first person to break down (if that's not me, it's gonna suck for one of you two that'll have to drive my heap [providing it's driveable by then])

russiankid
08-08-2009, 07:31 PM
How about we all meet at IHOP around 8:45 or so if you want to roll in together? Just an idea. Also, it would be nice to know who wants to do it so that way we know who to wait on or what not.

HostileJava
08-09-2009, 04:05 AM
Hey what time are you leaving to head up? I was going to leave my house somewhere around 5:30-45.

I haven't really looked at how long it's gonna take yet. But that sounds about right.

88LXi68
08-09-2009, 06:11 AM
i got there last year at 8:30 and there was a ridiculous line. so no matter what time we get there, we will have to wait

RobT5580
08-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Mark you have 5 days left and my car should not have any issues but i have not driven it since its been hot out. I hope for good weather this week and saturday so i can try to make it look a little better than the bird crap and pine needles.

88LXi68
08-09-2009, 06:45 AM
i hope for good weather this week and saturday so i can try to make it look a little better than the bird crap and pine needles.

lol

russiankid
08-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Well waiting in line sucks.

gp02a0083
08-09-2009, 11:46 AM
yah i never went to a honda/acura meet thing there , im gonna be heading down to the track on Tuesday night for cruise night with my 442. i agree if anyone had any pricy items that they dont want to bring to the track id suggest leaving it at my house , they have had problems there before with people stealing stuff. either way i think that its gonna be a long wait, so 8:45-9 am is what where looking at to meet up at the IHOP lot?

cubert
08-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Its a little over 5 hours for me..which means ill be cleaning the car at midnight the night before :lol: Who needs sleep anyway?

My buddy MIGHT be coming with me in his teggy.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o61/d16z6broncoII/briDA-1.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o61/d16z6broncoII/DA2-2.jpg

RobT5580
08-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I was going to put the Racing Hart's back on but one of my tires has a nice crack on the inner side which is odd because its only one. But i cleaned it up as best i could so it looks like it will make the journey!

carotman
08-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Once boredom sets in, and we're ready to head out, we'll all gather up and make the 30+ minute drive to Dave's house for burgers and dogs, and to just hang out for a while.

Do you guys have any idea when do you "plan" to get bored? :lol:

I got a 2 hour drive from Wildwood to Dave's house so it would help to know when you guys plan to start the BBQ.

You guys plan to spend the evening there or just "dine and dash" :eek5:

Will I be the only one to bring some :beer::cheers:?

russiankid
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I won't be drinking(age...fuck me 18) and also my brother is coming up to visit so I have to go home that night.

Its hard to tell when we all will go to the BBQ as if people autox, it will last a fairly long time...possibly sometime till 3 or 4.

RobT5580
08-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Wildwood I have not been there in years but you should try to get down to the Carolina's if you want to go to a beach. I am down to hang out all day but more than likely i will travel with the pack from CT but we tend to hang out for a bit anyways.

I just put another coat of wax on it and buffed it and it looks so so. Just a few odds and ends and it will be ready to roll.

cubert
08-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Just did the rear brakes in my car...one of the slides was frozen...the car is lucky I didn't light it on fire after crawling around in the sucky heat, being nit by mosquitoes, and all of it while it was dark out.

The good news is my car stops great now...and all I have to do is make it to my buddies body shop to get it cleaned up.

russiankid
08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I got into the car today, turned the A/C on, and drove to my destinations.:cheers:

markmdz89hatch
08-11-2009, 07:37 AM
I got into the car today, turned the A/C on, and drove to my destinations.:cheers:

I just threw my A/C compressor, condensor, and evaporator in the trash.

:madflip:

Alcohol is a maybe for me. I think I'm gonna just wait on getting anything until just before we get to Dave's house as I think it entirely depends on the crowd.

russiankid
08-11-2009, 10:10 AM
So I went and got my car inspected today. Passed emissions, failed safety. Rear upper ball joint is loose. Got a new one coming in today and hopefully tomorrow I can bring it back and get the darn sticker.

I got an 18lb bag of charcoal and going to clean my grill closer to Saturday. Dave got the food covered, and I guess we can split the drinks among others.

HostileJava
08-11-2009, 02:36 PM

Me to, with the ABS light on the whole way. I have the new sensor, but I'm being lazy and waiting to get my SS brakelines, new pads, and caliper paint, and do it all at the same time.

Vinny
08-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Me to, with the ABS light on the whole way. I have the new sensor, but I'm being lazy and waiting to get my SS brakelines, new pads, and caliper paint, and do it all at the same time.

family comming with or are you going solo?

HostileJava
08-11-2009, 02:53 PM
family comming with or are you going solo?

My brother will be coming with me. How about you?

RobT5580
08-11-2009, 02:55 PM
What time and where are the CT guys meeting up? And Vinny whats your deal do you have a ride down and if so check in so we can all ride in a group.

Vinny
08-11-2009, 02:57 PM
My brother will be coming with me. How about you?

just me myself and I, riding over with Mark, Steve, and Rob. I was comming up to take care of family business but it seems all taken care of sooooo away I go to CT for a few days.

I took my daughter to IA last month, she had a great time.

Tell the family I said hi

What time and where are the CT guys meeting up? And Vinny whats your deal do you have a ride down and if so check in so we can all ride in a group.

Mark said he's not sure yet as far as time. I rented a car, probably a mazda 6 for the week but I think I'm going to ride down with Mark. I think I may get a hotel in Danbury or Bethel Friday night. I dont know if I want to get up at 3am to drive to Marks from MA. Id rather have that extra 2 hours or so sleep. PLUS I think Mark may need some last minute help come friday. I may just head out at noon or so on Friday to go see him.

russiankid
08-11-2009, 03:11 PM
So far I changed 3 ball joints to make it safely to the meet.

88LXi68
08-11-2009, 03:20 PM
if anyone decides to race in ANY event they should bring a helmet, long pants and probably closed toed shoes as well.

russiankid
08-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I asked before, but, can we pre register? I don't know if I will be racing but I will bring my helmet just incase. And why long pants?

gp02a0083
08-11-2009, 06:49 PM
alright i picked up some stuff today (40 burgers and 50 hot dogs o_O ) and will pick up fresh buns lol on Friday for the meet on Saturday , here's a list of some simple stuff we should get sorted out

here is a list i can think of:
1. paper plates
2. solo cups
3. sides (macaroni salad, potato chips ect)
4. drinks -> soda, juice (beer is allowed if members are of age i don't condone underage drinking)
5. football or something to throw around
6. anything else members want to bring

if anyone can forward $$ to my paypal i can pickup some side stuff at costco on Friday

russiankid
08-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Anyone have a mom that can make home made potato salad? Thats the best. I can bring chips and dip.

88LXi68
08-11-2009, 07:33 PM
I asked before, but, can we pre register? I don't know if I will be racing but I will bring my helmet just incase. And why long pants?

I haven't done autoX there but for drag racing they say you need them. not sure why but I would bring a pair just in case.

alright i picked up some stuff today (40 burgers and 50 hot dogs o_O ) and will pick up fresh buns lol on Friday for the meet on Saturday , here's a list of some simple stuff we should get sorted out

here is a list i can think of:
1. paper plates
2. solo cups
3. sides (macaroni salad, potato chips ect)
4. drinks -> soda, juice (beer is allowed if members are of age i don't condone underage drinking)
5. football or something to throw around
6. anything else members want to bring

if anyone can forward $$ to my paypal i can pickup some side stuff at costco on Friday

I can bring the plates, cups and a football. if any additional money is needed I can contribute some as well

russiankid
08-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I can't auto-x in pants. I will sweat my ass off and if I use the A/C then I will have major power rob.

88LXi68
08-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I just bring tear offs or wind pants and put them on over some shorts. Definitely gets hot and it looks like this weekend will be hot so get ready to sweat your ass off either way lol

russiankid
08-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Haha yeah. I am still 50/50 on racing.

Vinny
08-12-2009, 01:40 AM

Because its part of the NHRA guidlines for cars that run a 7.90 or slower.

"The 2009 NHRA Rulebook provides guidelines and minimum standards for the construction and operation of vehicles used in NHRA Championship Drag Racing and at member-track events. Additional safety equipment or safety-enhancing equipment is always permitted and the levels of safety equipment stated in the Rulebook are minimum prescribed levels and do not prohibit the individual racer from using additional safety equipment."

Definitely gets hot and it looks like this weekend will be hot so get ready to sweat your ass off either way lol

We talking CT/NE hot or Nashville hot?

I just bring tear offs or wind pants and put them on over some shorts.

Dont forget to bring pinkie the wonder camera :D Your woman comming with Steve? I kinda like her she has moxie and will keep you inline

HostileJava
08-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Dont forget to bring pinkie the wonder camera :D Your woman comming with Steve? I kinda like her she has moxie and will keep you inline

Your dating yourself oldman, using those kinds of words........

Vinny
08-12-2009, 04:08 AM
Your dating yourself oldman, using those kinds of words........

Nope moxies a new term, its been reborn as of late. trust me on this computer boy :D

russiankid
08-12-2009, 08:15 AM
So I need pants even if I autox? I won't be drag racing...thats just 18 second failure.

HostileJava
08-12-2009, 08:18 AM
So I need pants even if I autox? I won't be drag racing...thats just 18 second failure.

If you show up at the meet with out any pants we WILL send you back home.

russiankid
08-12-2009, 08:20 AM
No you won't :P.

I hate pants...damn it!

88LXi68
08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Because its part of the NHRA guidlines for cars that run a 7.90 or slower.

"The 2009 NHRA Rulebook provides guidelines and minimum standards for the construction and operation of vehicles used in NHRA Championship Drag Racing and at member-track events. Additional safety equipment or safety-enhancing equipment is always permitted and the levels of safety equipment stated in the Rulebook are minimum prescribed levels and do not prohibit the individual racer from using additional safety equipment."

We talking CT/NE hot or Nashville hot?

It has been pretty humid here the last couple days so it will be sticky.

The woman is not coming, she has a mud volleyball tournament that she is playing in for charity.

russiankid
08-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I picked up some chips today. I got two bags, I will probably get another bag of Tortilla chips for dipping and stuff.

I also don't think I will be participating in any racing events.

Vinny
08-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Well 5hrs 15 mins til my flight leaves, broken helicopters everywhere. I think I'll mail tonight in and someone else can deal with the bullshit. I'll be in CT by 3, grab the rental then off to MA. I wont have net access Thursday but I'll be at Marks Friday afternoon to help him out and I'm staying in Bethel for the night. See you guys in a few days

gp02a0083
08-13-2009, 09:43 AM
I picked up some chips today. I got two bags, I will probably get another bag of Tortilla chips for dipping and stuff.

I also don't think I will be participating in any racing events.

nice

nah im not running the car either, eh im going back into my garage to finish detailing my POS :o

russiankid
08-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Well all thats left for me to do is wash the car, get some gas, and get on the road.

gp02a0083
08-14-2009, 11:48 AM
anyone eat like potato / mac salad? im going in a little while to pickup the rolls for tomarrow

can someone bring paper plates and or napkins ?

russiankid
08-14-2009, 11:51 AM
I think we can pick that stuff up before we get to your house. I can check if I have any napkins left over from a picnic I went to a few months back. I bought a huge box load from Sam's.

Your neighbors are going to look at you weird when there are 10+ old Honda's on the street.

russiankid
08-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Also, do we need a cooler for drinks?

w261w261
08-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Turns out I'm not going to be able to come. Hope everyone has a great time.

Hal

88LXi68
08-14-2009, 02:06 PM
i got the plates and cups.

also, mark and I decided not to autoX this time. so we are going to leave his place at 7:30. why don't we push back our meet up before the track until 10-10:30??

sorry for the confusion and last minute changes but we both have had some hang ups this week.
here is mark's # 860 689 3498
mine 860 202 6782

cubert...you still coming?

2ndGenGuy
08-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Did Mark get his car going? I know he took today off. He's soooo close!!! I hope he gets it done!!

gp02a0083
08-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Also, do we need a cooler for drinks?

nah i got that covered i got a few of them

dirnks are another story, i dunno if anyone got that so far this is the list

1.gp (dave) - hotdogs, hamburgers, cheese, buns, tons of ice
2.Russiankid - chips, i think wings, some grillin stuff, and dip stuff and probably napkins
3.88lxi - cups and plates, football

if we need anything else there's a wawa down the street and a shoprite/stop&shop

im not opposed to meeting up earlier , even if we all get to the track at 9 its gonna be a long line to get in. let me know whats going on, if we do meet later it would give some of the other members some more sleep and time to meet up

HostileJava
08-14-2009, 02:35 PM
I can bring a soda, if that's the only thing left? I also have ton's of chips and napkins here. Probably a bunch of paper plates to.

russiankid
08-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I totally forgot about the wings...crap. Oh well, we have hamburgers and hotdogs.

Just to clarify, we are now meeting around 10 o'clock at IHOP correct? I am also not going to autocross.

HostileJava
08-14-2009, 02:53 PM
I'll be away from the computer for most of the rest of the night, can someone call me and let me know when you guys decide to meet? I'd like to drop some stuff off first, but I don't feel like waking up at 5am to find out I don't need to leave for several hours.

Thanks!

russiankid
08-14-2009, 02:56 PM
I will be leaving my house closer to 8am now. I think 10am is a good time to meet and I will be at Dave's house closer to 9:45.

Also my number 504-756-2321. Call or text if anything.

RobT5580
08-14-2009, 04:44 PM
I was going to pick up some stuff tonight but I didn't get to so I will pick up last minute things that don't make it. I'm all set to go and will be meeting Steve first then Mark and Vinny and off to Jersey.

cubert
08-14-2009, 04:51 PM
If we are meeting up at 10 that helps me a shitload...That means I wont have to leave til4:40-5 ish...which means ill get more than 3 hours sleep. :lol:

Ill be there though

gp02a0083
08-14-2009, 05:18 PM
meeting up at 10 sounds better i get to sleep too :D

russiankid
08-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Yes sleep is good. See everyone around 10 tomorrow.

HostileJava
08-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Dammit, nobody called me. Ok. I guess I'll call when I get ready to leave just to make sure.

russiankid
08-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Dammit, nobody called me. Ok. I guess I'll call when I get ready to leave just to make sure.

I think we all decided to meet up at IHOP at 10AM.

gp02a0083
08-14-2009, 07:43 PM
if anyone wants to drop off stuff before the track , try to make it for 9:30 at my house, it will give us a little bit of time to get to the meeting spot.

drive safe everyone,will see you all tomarrow

russiankid
08-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Just got home. Good time putting some screen names to faces. The little time snag we had from some fellow members wasn't that big of a deal. It all worked out well in the end...oh and replacing a fuel pump in a parking lot is ftl.

88LXi68
08-16-2009, 06:06 AM
got home at 12:30 last night. I hate NJ and it's shitty 2 lane divided highways. Love the turkey swamp road we went on. Once we made it out of Jersey and found the highway that we wanted to get on it was clear sailing.

Great seeing some old faces and meeting some new ones. Once again, I apologize for the CT crew's tardiness in the morning (totally my fault)

markmdz89hatch
08-16-2009, 06:19 AM
got home at 12:30 last night. I hate NJ and it's shitty 2 lane divided highways. Love the turkey swamp road we went on. Once we made it out of Jersey and found the highway that we wanted to get on it was clear sailing.

Great seeing some old faces and meeting some new ones. Once again, I apologize for the CT crew's tardiness in the morning (totally my fault)

Your fault? Nah, you forgot about the fact that we all spent about 30 mins tinkering on my car and making fun of me for having CocaCola in my gas tank and for all to see through that filter. ....Is it primed yet? ...yeah, holy shit that's terrible hahahahahahaha.

Yeah all in all, good times. That fuel pump replacement in the parking lot shows why we are 3geez. No man left behind... haha.

markmdz89hatch
08-16-2009, 06:20 AM
OK, roll-call. Everyone please check in to confirm you made it home OK.

carotman
08-16-2009, 07:07 AM
I finally got home at 4 am.

Was a really nice meet. I wish I could have stayed longer and play Guitar Hero with you guys. The border patrol guards were nice with us, didn't take a long time to go through (well it was like 3am or so)

It was great to finally see you guys in person. You got great cars. I can't remember the last time I saw that many 3rd gens all lined up.

Dave's parents were really nice to open up their house like you said Mark. I guess we're doing this again next year?

markmdz89hatch
08-16-2009, 07:17 AM
I finally got home at 4 am.

Was a really nice meet. I wish I could have stayed longer and play Guitar Hero with you guys. The border patrol guards were nice with us, didn't take a long time to go through (well it was like 3am or so)

It was great to finally see you guys in person. You got great cars. I can't remember the last time I saw that many 3rd gens all lined up.

Dave's parents were really nice to open up their house like you said Mark. I guess we're doing this again next year?

Next year? Oh hells no man. We're doing this again in a few months if I have anything to do with this. I just need to get my car running and then it's ON.

Glad to hear you made it home ok. Your car is truly amazing. It was so strange to see it in person after seeing it for so many years in your pics and signature. There are many cars that look perfect in pictures, and you're so let down when you see it in person and it's a heap of crap. Yours, not-so-much. It's as clean, if not cleaner, in person as it is in the pics.

carotman
08-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Haha, the car isn't perfect but to Northern standards it's in good shape. Few months huh? Will have to happen before winter sets in! This car will never see snow again, ever!

cubert
08-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Im alive...

Had a good time yesterday...was great to see everyone

NJ has nice Burger Kings :kekeke:

gtmst3
08-16-2009, 11:26 AM
yeah i got home about 12:30 thanks to the toll booth not only did my battery light come on for some reason go off and never come on again but we got seperated. lol. found our way home though tried to follow the planned rout but it diddnt exactally work out that way any way it turned out to be a good meet and i just wanted to thank you guys for not leaving us there

Vinny
08-16-2009, 11:36 AM
ok ok I'm awake. I mean home. Well here, not home. Wont be home until Tuesday. Had a great time yesterday, it was good to see everyone again and meet everyone else.

Atleast we found the tap, that was a good thing. The detour through NYC was a bad thing. Proof positive that 2 wrongs dont make a right but 3 lefts do. No steve i wasnt trying to get your car jacked, I promise :D

I'll post pics up when I get home Tuesday. I havent even looked at the camera to see what all we took

russiankid
08-16-2009, 12:42 PM
With the 325 mile over all trip and nearly 2 hours of idling so the A/C can be on I did not have any car trouble. Overall, fun trip and will do again!

carotman
08-16-2009, 12:47 PM
my battery light come on for some reason go off and never come on again

I'd bet it's the brushes. :(

Check the connectors too.

If the barrety light comes on again and never goes off, don't panic, you can drive like that for a long time before the car won't move at all. Just turn off all the accessories/lights/radio/fan, etc and head home for a nice carbed 3rd gen alternator replacement job :(

gtmst3
08-16-2009, 02:05 PM
no the light faded on then a few seconds later faded back off and never came on a gain

gtmst3
08-16-2009, 02:09 PM
mark and vinny which way did you take after the booth 80 west or 95? we took 80 west to 17 north to 4 east and back to 95 looking for the plasides interstate turnpike whick as it turns out you were supposed to take the right after the toll booth onto 95 then just before the GW the palsides exit was right there

HostileJava
08-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Made it home last night around 10:30.

RobT5580
08-16-2009, 04:35 PM
We got a little off track but managed to get on the Tappan Zee Bridge which added another 15-20 minutes but usually pays off. There are many ways to go and multiple parkways I swear I find a new route every time I go through NYC.

Glad your were able to get your car back on the road and made it home safe!

cubert
08-16-2009, 07:00 PM
My retarded GPS sucked...im pretty sure i drove through Kansas at some point...

russiankid
08-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Allen...that is quite a trip. Did you JUST get home?

gp02a0083
08-16-2009, 07:39 PM
glad to hear that everyone got home allriht and had a good time. After talking with a few of you guys and seeing b20's in our cars its driving me more to fix up my hatch.

carotman
08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Haha. Your hatch looks nice.

You did an awesome job on that white Cutlass so I'm pretty sure your hatch is going to end up looking awesome.

So, you want a B20A huh? :D

gp02a0083
08-16-2009, 08:24 PM
thanks carot, it took me some time to get the cutty to where it is , roughly 2-3 years but that was me dealing with 2 jobs , high school, and night college. she was my DD for that time so it was tough. one thing important i learned, a project car regardless of what it is/whats being done to it should not be driven as a DD until its somewhat done

well the b20 will be a long while after locating parts and whatnot, im expecting it to take a few years to hunt down the parts, first thing is first is suspension work better tires and rims. if i can get a hold of the one guy in my area with the brand new A20 ill maybe see about going boosted, but for now im fine with her the way it is being shes my DD for now

HostileJava
08-17-2009, 04:59 AM
So when are the pictures going up? I forgot my camera :(

cubert
08-17-2009, 05:54 AM
Sam- I got home a little after 3 A.M...and that included a 15-20 minute stop to grab a bite to eat and drink and stretch/wake myself up. It would've been quicker if I didnt have to do 12mph through CT due to all the cops.

2oodoor
08-17-2009, 07:55 AM
waiting for the pictures!
I was thinking real hard about leaving work friday and driving the 13 hour trip there but I would have missed breakfast and probably be in a streight jacket after waiting in traffic 2 hrs! wholy moley
Hopefully the following meets I can manage, sounds like you all had some fun.:wave:

gp02a0083
08-17-2009, 09:11 AM
here are a few pictures, didn't get a chance to take many and i suck at taking pictures

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/lawren71/DSCN0266.jpg?t=1250528610

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/lawren71/DSCN0265.jpg

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/lawren71/DSCN0268.jpg

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/lawren71/DSCN0270.jpg

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/lawren71/DSCN0271.jpg

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/lawren71/DSCN0272.jpg

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/lawren71/DSCN0273.jpg

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/lawren71/DSCN0261.jpg

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/lawren71/DSCN0262-1.jpg

russiankid
08-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Sam- I got home a little after 3 A.M...and that included a 15-20 minute stop to grab a bite to eat and drink and stretch/wake myself up. It would've been quicker if I didnt have to do 12mph through CT due to all the cops.

Well at least you got home safe and sound!

I did take pics, but I am to lazy to upload them...but hopefully will upload tonight.

2ndGenGuy
08-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Aaah that's awesome!!! Great pics so far, so who all actually made it and how many 3geez were there? Looks like a good meet!!

Hey Carotman, did they give you any crap at the border? Did they believe your story about going to a late 80's Accord meet? :D

markmdz89hatch
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
OK, so here's what I know:

Alan (cubert) (silver Honda TL)
Steve (88lxi68) (black 88 coupe / B18 swapped)
Rob (RobT550) (burgundy 89 coupe / B20 swapped)
Jim (HostileJava) (Odyssey/Oasis 96? / F23 yay)
Jim's friend (brother?, :dunno:)
Vinny (Vinny) (Kia FTMFW / lot's o hampsters running around under there)
Sam (Russiankid) (gold 89 sedan / A20A1)
Chris (gtmst3) (gold 86 sedan / BS)
Chris' Dad
Jean/Jeff (Carotman) (blue 89 sedan / B20 swapped)
Jeff's girl
Jeff's friend
Dave (gp02a0083) (Silver 87 hatch / A20A3)

I know I'm missing something.. ...just can't remember what.

smufguy
08-17-2009, 01:38 PM
What sucks is that, we never had such a turn out when I was in the 3geez scene. Now that I have not been around for almost 2 years, all of a sudden you guys are having a ball. This blows I tell ya. :violin:

gp02a0083
08-17-2009, 02:54 PM
should have come out , last time i think i saw you was one of the phili meets like 3 years ago

carotman
08-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Haha, No I didn't have any problem at the border. I didn't tell them about the meet tough :p

You should have come Praveen. As you can see, some members didn't even have a running white hatch for the meet (cough cough)

russiankid
08-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Mark, I think you're missing a white hatch from the list.

markmdz89hatch
08-18-2009, 05:09 AM
oh shit guys... ...I tried I tried. ...next time I promise.

I called in the big guns. My dad is coming by my house tonight (hopefully) to help me sort out the "it won't start issues".

Tomisimo
08-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Mark, the cable is yours ;) I can send you the rest like center console and e.brake assembly at once if you like?

2oodoor
08-18-2009, 06:47 AM
there was a white hatch her for sale Friday too, I did not get to go see it yet but $800 obo gc

89lxisedan
08-18-2009, 07:10 AM
sounds like i missed out on a fun time due to internet being down, car in shop do to drivers axle dropping while on highway, and getting my oil pan gasket replaced all while not having a job or money so i had to ask a favor of my dad to fix the 3g

HostileJava
08-18-2009, 09:25 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69998

Thread for meet pictures.

'A20A3'
09-03-2009, 04:31 PM
i still have Praveens Konis on my car hehehe

MessyHonda
09-06-2009, 07:50 PM
sweet pics

HostileJava
09-07-2009, 05:03 AM
So when is the next CT meet?

Vinny
09-07-2009, 05:24 PM

First weekend in Nov when I come back up ;)

88LXi68
09-08-2009, 05:52 PM
mark has been MIA. before the meet he would bombard me with emails at work and status updates. now...I get nothing. I asked him a couple times what was going on and got nothing.

Mark, where are you?

cubert
09-26-2009, 11:18 AM

smufguy
09-27-2009, 03:13 AM
i still have Praveens Konis on my car hehehe

Hey Harvey, how does it ride?