PDA

View Full Version : EGR valve location/removal & cleaning

zack_attack2010
08-09-2009, 03:15 PM
hey, i think my EGR valve mite be a little clogged up from shit over the years, and i wanted to take it off and clean it, but i had a couple questions

Is it the metallic looking valve rite underneath the airbox where the air intake piping comes in, with 2 bolts holding it on??(my 87 accord lx is carbed :( )
so basically in a pain in the ass area where i would have to take off the airbox assemly to even get to it???

And once i get to it what would be the best way to clean it up??

well thanks!!!!!! :)

1987AccordLx-i
08-10-2009, 10:29 AM
hey, i think my EGR valve mite be a little clogged up from shit over the years, and i wanted to take it off and clean it, but i had a couple questions

Is it the metallic looking valve rite underneath the airbox where the air intake piping comes in, with 2 bolts holding it on??(my 87 accord lx is carbed :( )
so basically in a pain in the ass area where i would have to take off the airbox assemly to even get to it???

And once i get to it what would be the best way to clean it up??

well thanks!!!!!! :)

it is the metallic valve looking thing... it has a vac line going to it and im unsure of the electrical connection since your carb'd but thats it

and to clean it i heard brake cleaner is ok... but i would just use a sturdy paint brush and a bucket of gasoline... good luck!