PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! 32/36 weber questions

jalberti
08-10-2009, 02:29 AM
I decided to make my first thread. I have been lurking on this forum for sometime now building my knowledge, aka trying not to sound like a fool. Ok so I will jump right into the matter at hand. I have a 1980 Accord coupe. Im in the middle of doing a weber swap. The old carb is gone and out of the way, waiting patiently to be smashed via a massive rock. No where in the weber install did it say to fill the coolant hole. Is this something that should be done no matter the case? The hole is not on the firewall side of the manifold its closer to the engine. Is this even a coolant hole? It seems that a ton of crap comes off with the old carb....Im a little nervous to see all that stuff disapearing. What exactly needs to be hooked directly to the carb? I have noticed a couple different meathods. Also what needs to be plugged? What can I trash? Im a bit scared.....I dont want to crap something Im going to need and then not be able to find it again.......HELP! Oh...yea my HOA is loving this project:rocket:

1987AccordLx-i
08-10-2009, 10:05 AM
I decided to make my first thread. I have been lurking on this forum for sometime now building my knowledge, aka trying not to sound like a fool. Ok so I will jump right into the matter at hand. I have a 1980 Accord coupe. Im in the middle of doing a weber swap. The old carb is gone and out of the way, waiting patiently to be smashed via a massive rock. No where in the weber install did it say to fill the coolant hole. Is this something that should be done no matter the case? The hole is not on the firewall side of the manifold its closer to the engine. Is this even a coolant hole? It seems that a ton of crap comes off with the old carb....Im a little nervous to see all that stuff disapearing. What exactly needs to be hooked directly to the carb? I have noticed a couple different meathods. Also what needs to be plugged? What can I trash? Im a bit scared.....I dont want to crap something Im going to need and then not be able to find it again.......HELP! Oh...yea my HOA is loving this project:rocket:

well theres a kit that gets rid of all the vac lines but for your application i wouldnt know man since im fuel injected.. hopefully one of the carb'd guys will chime in

2ndGenGuy
08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
The 1g Accord doesn't have a coolant hole for the carb on the intake manifold. Don't fill anything on that manifold. Just bolt everything up and go. The extra hole in the manifold is the CVCC runners. You will want fuel and air to get into those. Only thing that needs to be hooked to the carb is the fuel line and throttle cable. For vacuum advance, you'll need to get an adapter and split off of the brake booster line. You can get the vacuum adapters at your local auto parts store.

jalberti
08-10-2009, 11:51 AM
The 1g Accord doesn't have a coolant hole for the carb on the intake manifold. Don't fill anything on that manifold. Just bolt everything up and go. The extra hole in the manifold is the CVCC runners. You will want fuel and air to get into those. Only thing that needs to be hooked to the carb is the fuel line and throttle cable. For vacuum advance, you'll need to get an adapter and split off of the brake booster line. You can get the vacuum adapters at your local auto parts store.

Awsome. It will look so fresh and so clean......clean Ha! I thought that was all I needed. I was just a bit nervous due to all the crap that came off. I will head out and take pictures of what I have so far. Give me 20 minutes to do that. So everything that was connected to the carb that is not going back on can be trashed...more than likely...right? You guys rock!!!!

jalberti
08-10-2009, 12:04 PM
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr217/qttroking/th_DSC00759.jpg

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr217/qttroking/th_DSC00760.jpg

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr217/qttroking/th_DSC00761.jpg

A little eye candy. I will get more when its all buttoned up and looking pretty.

jalberti
08-12-2009, 06:09 PM
So do I have this right...... throttle cable, brake booster with vacum advanced, and that is all that should be hooked to the carb????? What connects to the outlet behind the carb....coal cannister? Can I trash the black box filled with all those hoses that is located near the passenger firewall? Oh yea what about the choke??? I still need help guys. I can post pictures of what ever yall need. Thanks!

jalberti
08-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Ok everyone I got it running a couple nights ago. The only problem is that the throttle linkage is stuck. I wont budge at all. Its not the cable just the linkage. I didnt over tighten it, I triple checked. Ive looked at damn near everything. I cant find a thing. Any ideas??? Should I let the car warm up and see if that helps??