PDA

View Full Version : HELP, loss of Power while turning

Tomisimo
08-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Hi there..

My problem is that when I turn left I loose power to the wheels, its not constant but it comes and goes at times.. It feels like the differential sends all power to the wheel that has less resistance. engine is still on, I can rev it, but it just dont propel me forward. And another symptom is it kicks when i touch throttle pedal.
I had that kicking before on my gray car, thought it was a dogbone mount but I didnt had that kicking on my B20, the dogbone is from B20 engine and it still kicks and now this..
Can anyone give me a clue what can cause that power loss and kicking?

I have few ideas. -Axles or differential..

Oldblueaccord
08-10-2009, 12:48 PM
This is a wild guess but maybe your axle shaft is coming out of the differental far enough to disengage. I would think there would be some bad noise also.

wp

Tomisimo
08-10-2009, 01:27 PM
No no strange noises. all seems normal. engine runs smooth but it just dont propel me. dont feel any ax so to say
edit: and it goes nuts only in long sided corners. dont feel that while drive around town.

Oldblueaccord
08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Well I read more on your proflie of your car. You swaped from a b20 to an A20 correct? Are you sure you have the axles lengths correct. Also do you have a LSD limited slip differental?

The only other thing is with my car USD, no limited slip, on some corners I can lift the inside wheel enough to make the car spin even like in 3rd gear. The english slang term for it would be "scratch" or scratch for traction. It just a limitation of front drive cars with out a LSD. They put power to the tire with the least amount of traction.

wp

BoogerBurns
09-22-2009, 02:48 PM
An open diff will always send the power of the transmission to the tire with the least resistance. thats why racers ditch open diffs, and get LSDs, they are much better design, but you have to replace the clutch packs, or they stop being able to do their thing and turn into open diffs.