PDA

View Full Version : Sandwiched between a Honda and an XTerra

mephi
08-10-2009, 09:13 PM
My girlfriend borrowed my car this morning to drive to work. She got off early and some girl in a Honda decided to hit my car at about 35 MPH. Her excuse was "I was driving down the road and I didn't see any cars, then I looked down, and when I looked back up there was a car there." She didn't even leave any tire marks on the road. Just drove full speed into it. Then it hit the XTerra that was in front of it. The rear passenger side door is stuck slightly ajar now and won't open, the front radiator support is bent in and down, both headlights are destroyed, along with the hood, trunk won't open, basically the whole thing is screwed...Makes me a little angry.

Some pics.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/luke_kl/GEDC0191.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/luke_kl/GEDC0192.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/luke_kl/GEDC0194.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/luke_kl/GEDC0198.jpg

You can see how the battery got pushed back in the last one. Probably would have broken open if I had actually tied it down, like I had planned over the weekend. Not that I'm saying you should leave it loose like that or anything.

mephi
08-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Oh...My girlfriend is ok. She has whiplash and the seatbelt failed...Surprise. She hit her head on the steering wheel and bashed her knee, but so far the injuries don't seem to be all that bad.

Civic Accord Honda
08-10-2009, 09:34 PM
:(damn that hella sucks.. but glad to here your gf is ok thats all that matters

charliekuney
08-10-2009, 10:12 PM
She has whiplash and the seatbelt failed...

Dude, that's what happened in my accident, except my chest hit the steering wheel (I'm guessing I'm a bit taller than your girlfriend). Whiplash, too. Sorry to hear about that. I hope she feels better, and I hope you both get the car fixed.

mephi
08-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm sure that the insurance company is just going to total it out. There are a few third gens for sale down the street from me. The prices are a little high, but I'm seriously thinking about it. I'll just have to pull everything off of mine that I want to keep and swap it all in. This all just means that I'll be driving my Wrangler around much sooner and more often than I had expected. At least for now.

clark_486
08-10-2009, 10:32 PM
OK that's the 4th time on 3 cars I've seen that lower passenger side panel next to the light be struck there. once on my car twice on my parts car. and yours. and a 4g accord.
seems to be a popular spot to get hit.
my condolences for your loss.

Hazwan
08-10-2009, 11:00 PM
That sucks :(

Make sure that girl didn't get away with it, thats a dumb excuse. Shes probably texting or something. Sue her for everything hah!

2oodoor
08-11-2009, 07:30 AM
that aint good, sorry to see that happened!

your DX looks exactly like my silver one btw

Joay
08-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Makes me a little angry.
A little? I'd be pissed as hell. That's some bullshit, like your girlfriend materialized out of nothing all of a sudden.

Car is toast, but at least it gave its life in the service of keeping the passenger safe. :) Time to go find another one.

2ndGenGuy
08-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Man Washington drivers are the WORST. Doing everything possible except driving. What the hell did she look down at? You NEVER look away from the road long enough to catch a surprise like that. Idiots. Well at least you can get a new one now to play with.

mephi
08-11-2009, 10:41 AM
A little? I'd be pissed as hell. That's some bullshit, like your girlfriend materialized out of nothing all of a sudden.

Car is toast, but at least it gave its life in the service of keeping the passenger safe. :) Time to go find another one.

That was a slight understatement. The would only be angrier if they had hit my Wranger. I've put a lot more time and money into that one. Still, I have pulled this thing apart, removed and replaced 2 transmissions along with one engine, modified the intake, tuned the Weber over and over again, and I was about to swap out the bumpers and fenders with ones from an LXi. The front bumper had been damaged by the previous owner.

I spend most of my working time on the road, and I see this crap happening all the time. Most of the drivers are ok, but there is a really large number of idiots out there. Just earlier this week I saw some guy in a Suzuki trying to make a left turn from the lane to the left of the left turn lane. That would be the lane where traffic is supposed to go in the opposite direction.

b20a86lude
08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
woa that sucks was the girll that hit ur girl at least hott

Rendon LX-i
08-11-2009, 03:41 PM
thats why u i dont let my women borrow my cars

mephi
08-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Don't know about the girl that hit my car. She was 25, but beyond that, couldn't really say. I wasn't there.

charliekuney
08-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Man Washington drivers are the WORST.

Ha! Proof:

I was following this Dodge Caravan ...

Joay
08-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Ha! Proof:
IDK, have you ever had the chance to drive around DC? I95 is absolutely terrifying during the day/on weekends. Ohio drivers are pretty awful as well but there's a lot more road per head out there.

charliekuney
08-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Try driving in Washington, especially with an out-of-state car. You'll get eaten alive! We have I-90 AND I-5, the two biggest freeways in the nation. Plus, I live right where the two meet. Lucky me. :)