PDA

View Full Version : exhaust difference between 88 and 90-92

entropy88exi
08-11-2009, 08:38 PM
i'm aware the motors are different,but what's the difference in catback exhaust systems? if i could get one from a 90-92 what type of customizing am i looking at to get it on my 88 ex-i coupe?

Demon1024
08-12-2009, 02:01 AM
If you have the means to customize that your probably better off price wise just making the whole thing your self. Less you got a really good deal on it, even then it's all just pipe
Cut / weld :)

Joay
08-12-2009, 06:16 AM
90-93 is the fourth-generation Accord, and the biggest difference (that I can see from looking at the two side-by-side) is the bend by the fuel tank. 3Gs are a little bit shorter I think, so you would have to cut and weld which, like Demon1024 said, means you're probably better off just having a custom system made.

markmdz89hatch
08-12-2009, 01:06 PM
they are very similar, but some customization is needed.

If you are considering buying a stainless kit that just pieces together via weld or clamp, you might save a bit just getting this kit and having the installer/welder modify the little bit that's needed during install. If you're just looking for a bolt-up kit, you'll end up paying your fabricator/welder as much to customize it as you would pay and exhaust shop to just bend it up themselves.

entropy88exi
08-14-2009, 11:26 PM
well,i have access to a pacesetter system but its for a hatch,i don't know how much that will differ from the coupe and how much modification will be necessary. either way it sounds like im going to run the pacesetter front to back and then install another muffler as the system i have doesn't have one. while i've got a thread going has anybody messed with a hatch exhaust on a coupe? or have any clue the modification involved in that?

Demon1024
08-15-2009, 02:20 AM
i just put the exhaust from my 86 hatch on my 89 coupe and it fit fine