PDA

View Full Version : Who REALLY wants DC parts?

ACE_14
08-18-2009, 09:37 PM
For the hell of it today I called up DC Sports and talked to a guy in customer service. They said if it looks like there more of a demand for parts, they may be willing to look into making parts again. They don't want to make them if there is no interest. Even after that, they would need to find a retailer that would be willing to sell them. They don't sell direct to public. Even if they decide there is enough interest and can find a retailer, they would need to find a donor Accord to develop the parts(I could probably use mine if need be). So, if all you 3gee'rs REALLY want DC Sports parts(strut bars, headers, exhaust systems, etc.) call them up so it would spark their interest in making them again. 626-968-5147 is the # to their tech support. You could e-mail them too. I don't have the e-mail address though, but it souldn't be hard to find online.

charliekuney
08-18-2009, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't mind a strut bar. I'll just have to steal Mike's when he isn't looking. Then again, I'd just steal his whole car... :) I will make the call tomorrow.

LX-incredible
08-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Good luck guys. There isn't going to be enough interest especially with smaller batch prices. 95% of the people on here won't be in on anything unless it's under $150.

Honestly, they can keep their ricer boy strut bars. I have a steel tube that a member bent, flattened and drilled a hole on either end. Doesn't look pretty, but gives a whole hell of a lot less than the DC.

MessyHonda
08-19-2009, 12:47 AM
yeah no one drives 3gees anymore beside us

Tomisimo
08-19-2009, 05:05 AM
indeed.. and there will be lke 25ppl on this bord that will buy somthing.. and that is just not anough. Most of 3Geezers that were interested have their stuff alreaddy, isnt it right Messy?

Joay
08-19-2009, 06:25 AM
I'm still tracking down DC stuff and I'd gladly pay too much for new parts, but I doubt most people are as bad with money as I am. Members have called DC several times (particularly about that cat-back) and we never muster enough buying power.

frantik
08-19-2009, 07:53 AM
the brand DC is owned by some other company.. they don't even have the blueprints for a lot of stuff supposedly

i love my dc header though :D

lostforawhile
08-19-2009, 08:09 AM
the brand DC is owned by some other company.. they don't even have the blueprints for a lot of stuff supposedly

i love my dc header though :DI wondered why they needed a doner car if they still had the original prints. this isn't making prototype parts,it's making stuff they already had figured out back in the day.

charliekuney
08-19-2009, 09:08 AM
I agree with lost; it's not like once they're done with a product, they throw everything about it away. They keep stuff so they can make it better.

labeledsk8r
08-19-2009, 09:14 AM
I agree with lost; it's not like once they're done with a product, they throw everything about it away. They keep stuff so they can make it better.

yes but durring one of the other members many calls to DC they found out that when AEM bought them out alot of the discontinued parts blue prints were no longer in there files or systems, now if someone droped off one of there old parts they could easly copy it since its allready theres.

but sadly this is about the 4th or 5th time a thread like this has started and it gets noware, not enough interest, not enough money, simple as that

Joay
08-19-2009, 09:15 AM

i love my dc header though :D
Funny you should mention that, I just learned something today. Everybody knows AEM bought DC Sports in 2004, but apparently someone else (http://www.aftermarketnews.com/Item/26934/pilot_automotive_acquires_assets_of_two_california _businesses.aspx) 'acquired their assets' in 2007. I don't want to get too into it before I see the thing through but, in a nutshell, Pilot is presently manufacturing a DC part for me. So someone has the blueprints.

frantik
08-19-2009, 03:10 PM
, not enough money, simple as that

yep.. and most people who would have money have it tied up with b20 mounts right now :nervous:

Tdurr
08-19-2009, 03:38 PM
*sigh* i just worked my last full day of work till school is out... no more monies...

cubert
08-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Look at the Bisimoto parts...how many people have actually purchased something? Not a whole lot. Like others have said, theres not enough money/interest.

MessyHonda
08-20-2009, 12:49 AM
yeah most of us already have the parts...why would we want more? if no one is going to buy

turabaka
08-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Look at the Bisimoto parts...how many people have actually purchased something? Not a whole lot. Like others have said, theres not enough money/interest.

I was gonna wait to buy my bisimoto valve springs till after they made the cam gears, but it's looking like that's not gonna happen. I guess I'll call them up and ask if they're still gonna make them.

Tomisimo
08-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Dont take me wrong but I love to have DC strut bar and headers and catback, but look at this that way, most of us are neither enthusiasts or guys who just dont have money to spend on our cars because we mostly maintain them with new more importans stuff like brakes, bushings and such. so those who have a choise betwen new brakes or header well, its obvious..

turabaka
08-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Dont take me wrong but I love to have DC strut bar and headers and catback, but look at this that way, most of us are neither enthusiasts or guys who just dont have money to spend on our cars because we mostly maintain them with new more importans stuff like brakes, bushings and such. so those who have a choise betwen new brakes or header well, its obvious..

True that. Not to mention that those of us who're really into it for the performance like to fab our own parts if we can. To be honest I have everything I need to make strutbars and catback exhausts all day long, and I'd much rather have a one off part than a DC part.

Bisimoto is another story though. They make parts that I can't make.

MessyHonda
08-21-2009, 06:28 PM
I was gonna wait to buy my bisimoto valve springs till after they made the cam gears, but it's looking like that's not gonna happen. I guess I'll call them up and ask if they're still gonna make them.

yeah i still need to buy the springs too...but i can only work on one car at a time