PDA

View Full Version : Hey!! remember me?

badbobb
08-19-2009, 06:29 PM
ok, its been awhile since i posted on here. remember when i blew my head and fixed it? i replaced the head gasket and everything was ok. after i did that, i noticed that it took forever to start up. it kept turning over then started. i dont know what that is maybe you can answer that as well. well today i wake up to my wife saying it wont start at all. when i go and start it, it turns over a few times then the engine tries to start up but doesnt. it lundges a bit then it stops and all i hear is a buzzing as if its the starter. do you have any ideas? it doesnt turn over and over like it did, it just turns over and the engine tries to start for a quick second and then i just hear a buzzing noise. plz help guys, wtf is going on?

lostforawhile
08-19-2009, 07:41 PM
ok, its been awhile since i posted on here. remember when i blew my head and fixed it? i replaced the head gasket and everything was ok. after i did that, i noticed that it took forever to start up. it kept turning over then started. i dont know what that is maybe you can answer that as well. well today i wake up to my wife saying it wont start at all. when i go and start it, it turns over a few times then the engine tries to start up but doesnt. it lundges a bit then it stops and all i hear is a buzzing as if its the starter. do you have any ideas? it doesnt turn over and over like it did, it just turns over and the engine tries to start for a quick second and then i just hear a buzzing noise. plz help guys, wtf is going on?maby it's your starter or a weak battery, can you turn the engine over with a socket and wrench?

nswst8
08-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Time for compression check. In my opinion.

badbobb
08-22-2009, 04:42 PM
sorry the late reply. yes turning with socket and wrench is good. i lost my service manual. could someone please post me a good link or directions on how to remove my 83 accord se starter? also whuiich type of starter is it anyway?

badbobb
08-23-2009, 01:57 PM
wow! that was easy to take off! sorry bout the dumb question about what it is and such. today i took it off and got it tested. it passed. but i ordered one anyway just to be safe. if it doesnt cure the prob im still keeping it cause the other one was a junkyard starter. it may go any day anyways. if it isnt the starter then what is it? also noticed a lot of play in starter gear when taken off. HELP!!!!