PDA

View Full Version : More ECU BS.....wtf does that mean?

jteuton
10-02-2002, 04:02 PM
ok I won the code over on engine temperature.....supposedly ....hell who knows?....but anyways the ecu is now pissed off at 13 flashes.....I guess its just working its way up the elevator. My book says that means atmospheric pressure problem....ok.....where in the hell is that sensor at?.....and If anybody could clear up the engine temp thing i would be glad too....There is a small plug on the thermo housing and this goes to the temp gauge but what is the difference btwn the bigger ones....the clear one and green plug one. Somebody said it controls your fan but i jumpered both of them and it didn't come on. All it did was bring in this new code......can somebody help me?

YK86
10-02-2002, 04:47 PM
I think whoever told you it controls the fans thought you were talking about the switch on the bottom of the rad. The clear one on the therm. housing is for the temp gauge and the two wire plug (green plug) is for the ECU. I don't know what jumping those two wires did but I hope you didn't short/blow anything.

jteuton
10-02-2002, 05:33 PM
Hopefully since its a resistor the ecu just saw little or no resistance like the engine was really cool. Do you know where the atmospheric sensor is?

YK86
10-02-2002, 06:09 PM
It's supposed to be behind the glove box area but I've never touched it before so I can't tell you exactly where.

jteuton
10-02-2002, 06:41 PM
Dammit I knew it......thats where i'm looking at now.....what exactly does it look like then......there are a shit load of sensors connected to this blower and vent housing...oh and can you please clear up when you said earlier that the clear plug is for the gauge.....cause i thought the little baby brass one was for the gauge and the bigger clear electrical connector was to something else?

AZmike
10-02-2002, 07:07 PM
The smaller brass connection angled back toward the firewall is the temp gauge sender.

jteuton
10-02-2002, 07:19 PM
ok and the clear bigger plug is what? sorry i'm having trouble grasping why there are three sensors in my thermostat housing

anchovies
10-02-2002, 10:26 PM
directly above the temp gauge sender is the temperature switch (this should turn on the fan when u jump it). The one next to it is the ECT sensor for the ecu.
hth

jteuton
10-03-2002, 08:47 AM
what happens when you jump it and nothing comes on?.....do you have to jump both of them....the one on the radiator and one on the houseing or just one or the other?

jteuton
10-03-2002, 08:54 AM
Ok and does anyone have any info on this atmosperic/barometric pressure sensor. This code is here to stay. I was thinking it was in the glovebox area as well and yk86 confirmed this but does anybody got a more detailed location. What doest this think look like. How many wires?.....I've got the glovebox out and droped the heater core and all the ducting and there are a shitload of wires and connectors. I think most are for the defrost solenoid and heater controls and doors and flaps but there are a few they you really have no clue what they do?....can somebody lend a hand......I went to the honda place today to see if i could see one and they said i had to special order it for a ton of money.....hell i want to see if mine is broke first.....thanks for the help

AZmike
10-03-2002, 09:09 AM
Look here:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=510&highlight=pressure
about 21 posts down there's pic smufguy posted off carotman's site.

That would be a good part to find at the junk for only a little $.

jteuton
10-03-2002, 09:45 AM
Sweet jesus......its the little damn sensor thats playin hidden seek....hmmm that pic is a little blurred.....it looks like it is mounted to the actual blower unit......can I get a confirmation on this? Called another honda place today and told them if they could tell me where to look for it so i could replace it and they said the car doesn't have one....haha.....what a crock

jteuton
10-03-2002, 09:48 AM
I almost forgot..............:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: 89lxi4dr

AZmike
10-03-2002, 10:19 AM
No problem. I remembered seeing it recently so I thought I'd take a look and there it was.

anchovies
10-03-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by jteuton
what happens when you jump it and nothing comes on?.....do you have to jump both of them....the one on the radiator and one on the houseing or just one or the other?

Okie this thread is getting 2 topics..ihihi
for the temperature switch..errr..did you turn the ignition :rolleyes:
You only need to jump one.