PDA

View Full Version : 3gee or 4gee?

ryan88lxi
10-02-2002, 05:21 PM
I am planning on purchasing a new car within a month or two and I have narrowed it down to an Accord... the lingering question is: which gen? I like both the 3gee and 4gee styles, but honestly, which do you think would be best? Which would be easier to upgrade? Any opinions would be much appreciated! Thank you!:stick:

~~Heather~~

SteveDX89
10-02-2002, 05:28 PM
The 4 gee would be easier to build due to more aftermarket support. The 3 gee looks better though and there are much less that are hooked up leaving yours more unique.

PhydeauX
10-02-2002, 05:45 PM
You can bolt a H22a into a 4g.

andy

ryan88lxi
10-02-2002, 07:05 PM
Yeah I really like the 3gee body styles but I am kinda sick of flip-up headlights. My car now(89 probe gt) has them and meh, they're ok I guess. Decisions decisions!

Mike89Accordcom
10-02-2002, 07:13 PM
I love the 3G so much, but if I could pick, I'd pick 4th Gen. I love the look about them. One of my girlfriends hooked one up, it was badass. They make more for them too. I love the coupes.

ryan88lxi
10-02-2002, 08:18 PM
heather!! i love you baby but get a 3rd gen!!!! you have to be in the club with joel and me and john and vanderweit, well not so much him but you know, and then you can get your own name on here and everything, aaaand there cheaper =) i love you b ye

ryan88lxi
10-02-2002, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I agree. I love the look of the 4th gens.... they're so sexy!

I love you too baby!

2Fast_Fiero
10-02-2002, 09:54 PM
Is it just me or is Ryan talking to himself?
anyways, I love the 4th gen too, but I'd rather have a 3rd Gen, Once you buy a 4th gen, your not gonna be as noticed, a 4th gen has been done allready, and as I look at the HS 4th Gen forum, its been done ALOT of times, I would stick with a 3rd Gen because, even tho there is no aftermarket support, that makes it unique, make your own damn support. I see it how it is, the things I wanna do to my car, nobody has done, yes a few things have been done, but not everything, making my car unique. a 4th gen accord, most likely there are 4 or 5 IDENTICAL to yours or Identical to what your gonna do to your car. Oh well, thats my opinion.

Jims 86LXI HB
10-02-2002, 10:07 PM
Well he's my spin on this. When my wife needed a new car I bought her a 91 4th gen EX 5-sp. I fully intended to make it my car at a latter date. Since then I of couse wrecked my 3rd gen and now I drive her car around. But, I no longer want her car, I can't stand the clutch/shifter and before I modified my 3rd gen's suspension it was respectable. This 4th gen of mine is not where as nice as my car started out as and it does not feel any faster in acceleration. So I just don't have the heart to spend money on it to even try and make it as nice as my 3rd gen was. I think my 3rd gen was a better car period. If I were to do it over again I'd pay the extra $$ to get a 5th gen.

Coroncho80
10-03-2002, 04:46 AM
4th Gen. A lot of shit for them. If would, I'll get me one of them.

ACCORD EX
10-03-2002, 05:21 AM
the 4g is more sedan car than sport ! 3 g is more sport than sedan ! following me ? that's why i got the 3 g and remmonded a 4g for my dad ! :)

MIKE

Neuspeed87lx
10-03-2002, 06:48 AM
4g...i like them ..they look real nice done up , one of my friends has one and its all done up .... kit rims spoiler and its painted the si blue and it looks very very nice

Grant2k
10-03-2002, 07:02 AM
the 4th gen is when honda cheapened the inside (suspension) to pretty up the outside. the 3rd gen is a better car. i like the look of the 6th gen, but 3geez are still the best cars ever built. ever.

ryan88lxi
10-03-2002, 11:12 AM
listen to the people that say 3rd gen, please get one, you can be in the club, and by the way im not talking to myself, well most of the time hehe, but my girlfriend heather uses my profile on here so if it sounds girly or favoring a different accord other than a 3rd gen then its her lol, ok im done

ryan88lxi
10-03-2002, 08:11 PM
This is Heather now!

Ok well I pretty much decided on a 4th gen. I love the 3 geez but I like the 4th gen cause they're girlier. Maybe I will get a 3gee as well in a year or so. And the uniqueness thing... yeah you guys are right, 3geez are alot more unique than a 4th gen...

Stefi-blueLX
10-03-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ryan88lxi
This is Heather now!

I like the 4th gen cause they're girlier.

You should see my car...Hello Kitty stickers and accessories EVERYWHERE! My car is the girliest of the girl. My dad won't even drive it. Believe me you can make a 3rd gen girlie. Well anyway, I like the 4th gen too. My mom has the 93 Accord wagon. Drives pretty good, I love that car! You just see SO many of them around, you know?? Well if you get one, stick with a coupe, in that blueish-green color, that seems to be the GIRL color because it's just so darn pretty, in an EX definetely, grab yourself a nice little OEM spoiler and you're good to go! Good luck with your purchase! :wave:

night
10-03-2002, 10:30 PM
get a 4gen coupe and drop an H22 in it. boost it, and do nothing to the outside but wheels and lower it.

oh, and paint it black. black is good :D

http://members.lycos.co.uk/niqht/side.jpg

86AccordLxi
10-04-2002, 12:01 AM
I *gasp* thought about selling the 3g and I went and test drove a 4g (coincidentally from the guy i bought my 3g from ) and I really didn't like it. 1st: i hate the passive seatbelts that automatically buckle you in. 2nd: it didn't feel much/any fast than my car. 3rd: I thought the steering was a pretty light. Just my .02 (i know you're set on a 4g :) ).

Alex

ACCORD EX
10-04-2002, 02:35 AM
4g are much heavier !

MIKE

ryan88lxi
10-04-2002, 02:34 PM
Yeah I want to make the car just really nice, I don't want to make it all ugly. I was hopefully going to get a nice black paintjob.. black cars are my favorite. And probably a simple spoiler... no ugly big things. 4th gens are heavier, but meh I don't mind much. And my main turn off on the 3gee is the flip up headlights. My car's headlights are starting to piss me off, I just don't really like them... but of course I still love 3rd gens! All of my friends drive them and they are sooo fun to drive!

Oh yeah Stefi my car used to be girly, and I like girliness, but Ryan will just take all of that stuff out again :rolleyes: lol