PDA

View Full Version : electrical?

jasonrebellion
08-23-2009, 05:57 PM
so yesterday i had a a tire leaking air so i plugged in a mini air compressor in the cigarette lighter with my car off, hit the on button came on for about 1 second then shut off..i look inside and star the car..the radio and lighter aren't functioning....a few minutes later they come back on. today it was raining, and i turned on my fan inside to defog the front windshield and the blower cuts off, radio cuts off, and cigarette lighter cut off...few minutes later come back good as new..... about 2 months ago after i left work one morning my radio just cut off and stayed off for about 15 minutes, but iguess the blower might've been off then too, i don't know, didn't try it.....is there some kind of relay to handle all that stuff? the radio didn't lose it's memory either, it came back on in the same spot on a song it cut off on.

Dr_Snooz
08-23-2009, 06:20 PM
I think I'd start by pitching that mini compressor in the trash. Then I'd check my fuses.

jasonrebellion
08-23-2009, 07:02 PM
if a fuse blew though it wouldn't come back on til it was replaced right? it happened with the radio before i even had the mini compressor

lostforawhile
08-23-2009, 07:11 PM
you've got a bad connection somewhere ,i would say ignition switch, but the lighter is on all the time. how are your battery connections and grounds.

Oldblueaccord
08-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Make sure also the fuse in those positions are the correct sizes. Some people like to "upgrade" and then you have a big load and melted wires to deal with.

wp