PDA

View Full Version : camber problem... help?

1987AccordLx-i
08-25-2009, 02:08 AM
my front left has too much negative camber... no visual damage or bending... any idea whats going on? any input would be helpfull... ill try to get some pics up soon

Oldblueaccord
08-25-2009, 08:11 AM
How much is too much?

I run -2 each side.

wp

1987AccordLx-i
08-25-2009, 09:22 PM
How much is too much?

I run -2 each side.

wp

well it is lowered and everything looks legit... just the front left has alot more camber then the other 3..

Bass Man
08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
I heard you can run certain year prelude upper arms and it will put you right back to perfect.

1987AccordLx-i
08-26-2009, 12:00 AM
I heard you can run certain year prelude upper arms and it will put you right back to perfect.

can anyone confirm this?

Bass Man
08-26-2009, 06:47 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57131

conozo
08-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Park your car on level ground and measure from the ground to the top of the front wheel fender. Do that on both sides of the car and let us know the results. The reason im saying this is because my car on the front left(drivers side) its 1/2 lower, and i have noticed it on a lot of other accords too (there was a thread way back about it), i havent figured out what the problem is yet especially since most of the cars with this problem have new suspension. But anyways that could cause camber to be off.

charliekuney
08-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Woah, woah, woah:

The reason im saying this is because my car on the front left(drivers side) its 1/2 lower, and i have noticed it on a lot of other accords too...

The 'new' coupe does this, except it looks to be more than one-half of and inch.

LX-incredible
08-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Same with my coupe, took care of it with the ksports though. Come to think of it the auto sits a bit higher on the front passenger as well...

w261w261
08-27-2009, 01:32 PM
I would take it to an alignment place and let them do a printout to get a sense of where you are. Also, do a measurement of ride height and see what that is. Then take a look underneath and see if any part of the suspension (like the springs) doesn't seem quite right.

My car took a pothole hit with the previous owner that was bad enough for them to get a new wheel. It also moved something in the mounts to where I had an extra 1 degree of negative camber. When I lowered it 1" I got another degree, so I ordered and installed these guys:

http://www.spcperformance.com/PROD_DIR/SPCPerf_PROD_SEARCH_DYN.cfm?cmd=Cam&cmd2=84600&cmd3=

People have also put in Prelude UCA's, and there are adjustable UCA's that depend on sliding a bolt and then tightening it. The new mounts seemed the best for me, since their adjustment range was within what I was looking for.

1987AccordLx-i
08-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Park your car on level ground and measure from the ground to the top of the front wheel fender. Do that on both sides of the car and let us know the results. The reason im saying this is because my car on the front left(drivers side) its 1/2 lower, and i have noticed it on a lot of other accords too (there was a thread way back about it), i havent figured out what the problem is yet especially since most of the cars with this problem have new suspension. But anyways that could cause camber to be off.

well even when i brought it up to factory height it still had a bit of camber... so im thinking theres a bushing that is messed up or the frames bent (im praying to god its not that one) and the measurement thing i did that and i adjusted the suspension to where all 4 sit evenly

1987AccordLx-i
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM
I would take it to an alignment place and let them do a printout to get a sense of where you are. Also, do a measurement of ride height and see what that is. Then take a look underneath and see if any part of the suspension (like the springs) doesn't seem quite right.

My car took a pothole hit with the previous owner that was bad enough for them to get a new wheel. It also moved something in the mounts to where I had an extra 1 degree of negative camber. When I lowered it 1" I got another degree, so I ordered and installed these guys:

http://www.spcperformance.com/PROD_DIR/SPCPerf_PROD_SEARCH_DYN.cfm?cmd=Cam&cmd2=84600&cmd3=

People have also put in Prelude UCA's, and there are adjustable UCA's that depend on sliding a bolt and then tightening it. The new mounts seemed the best for me, since their adjustment range was within what I was looking for.
ive seen that product before... id like to get it but im short on money..

conozo
08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Ive thought about machining a spacer to raise the spring up 1/2 inch as a fix but im not sure if that would be ok. I would assume it is since its lowered anyways.

Has your car been in any accidents of any kind. Even one where there didnt appear to be damage.

1987AccordLx-i
08-30-2009, 02:23 AM
Ive thought about machining a spacer to raise the spring up 1/2 inch as a fix but im not sure if that would be ok. I would assume it is since its lowered anyways.

Has your car been in any accidents of any kind. Even one where there didnt appear to be damage.

i wouldnt know man... i just bought it like 3 months ago... and the guy didnt know much about its history so im pretty much flying blind here

EDIT: as i recall i think it was in an accident... i remember looking over the front end a month or 2 ago and i did notice the upper radiator support was bent... but i think it was just a fender bender... body is in great shape and she rides straight as an arrow

Oldblueaccord
08-31-2009, 08:54 AM
There might be someplace you can get your alignment checked for free. Kmart used to do it here, you might just have a little toe out on that side wearing out your tire.

wp

codyJDM
08-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Does the car sit level? I remember when my Accord was on springs way back in the day the drivers side was lower and f'ed up my alignment angles pretty badly.

1987AccordLx-i
09-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Does the car sit level? I remember when my Accord was on springs way back in the day the drivers side was lower and f'ed up my alignment angles pretty badly.

yeah i spent a good afternoon leveling it out... wasnt easy but shes level... but to be sure ill double check sometime this week... just started college so my hours are messed up

There might be someplace you can get your alignment checked for free. Kmart used to do it here, you might just have a little toe out on that side wearing out your tire.

wp

i thought about that also... ill try to find a place that does it