PDA

View Full Version : d15?

badbobb
08-25-2009, 02:11 AM
ok, i know i should go bigger, but if my probs with car go further, im going to just take my old d15 that i had in my rex and just put it in the cord. i dont have money to buy a whole swap. besides, this d15 will be quicker than the ek thats in it now. now my question is this. how much work would be to do a d15 swap? just take the axles, ecu, harness, tranny, engine, and exhaust right? what about mounts? just weld on? right?

Civic Accord Honda
08-25-2009, 02:21 AM
you would have to weld in custom mounts etc and u would also need fuel pump ... btw that will be a serious downgrade lol my civic has a D15b2 and when it was DPFI it was slower then my 82 accord was....

AccordB20A
08-25-2009, 02:35 AM
cant u swap an a20 into the 2g? it would be faster and nearly fit right in.. ?

badbobb
08-25-2009, 03:12 AM
look, i dont have much money to spend. if not the d15, what is the cheapest way to go? what is the a20 out of? hmmm i thought my crx's engine had more horse than the current ek? and i mean dirt cheap...:)

2oodoor
08-25-2009, 04:01 AM
you can get a running A20 for 108 bucks at pull a part
I think it would be less work than a D15, geeez
:o
http://www.pullapart.com/

stat1K
08-25-2009, 05:52 AM
if you really wanted to do something custom i would do the d15, everyone here are d-haters but you'd at least have some aftermarket support with the d15... plus it would be a sick custom swap, but you would probably spend more money than you'd save as everything would need to be custom fabbed.

2ndGenGuy
08-25-2009, 08:25 AM
D15 would be neat. A20 would be the closest fit, mount wise. Guyhatesmycar has some threads around here trying to fit the A20 into his early 2gee. Main problem, and you'll run into this with any newer Honda motor, is the forward facing exhaust. The early motors like the EK had counter-flow heads where the exhaust and intake come out the back. So, there isn't a lot of room between the engine block and front crossmember for the exhaust to pass through. Maybe with a D15, since it's slightly smaller, you could push it further back in the engine bay. But those engine bays aren't the biggest ever. Might create some clearance issues for the intake manifold to the firewall if you move it back too far. Test and go is all you can really do.

Civic Accord Honda
08-25-2009, 09:34 AM
look, i dont have much money to spend. if not the d15, what is the cheapest way to go? what is the a20 out of? hmmm i thought my crx's engine had more horse than the current ek? and i mean dirt cheap...:)

has a few more hp but they feel soooo tourqeless compared to the older honda engines especially in the low end lol and stat1k im not referring to a mpfi d being slower then the EK engine im referring to the dpfi crap lol

now if he converts it to mpfi and installs he will have a pretty fast 2g.. and yes all the aftermarket he can dream of lol

and the a20a comes out of a 86-89 accord, 88-89 LXI/SEI one puts out about 122hp and the 86-87 lxi one puts out 110hp

stat1K
08-25-2009, 10:03 AM
lol i know the dpfi is just sad... but i'd never spend the time swapping something only to leave dpfi.. i had a friend do a dpfi vtec... talk about funny.

Civic Accord Honda
08-25-2009, 10:26 AM
lol i know the dpfi is just sad... but i'd never spend the time swapping something only to leave dpfi.. i had a friend do a dpfi vtec... talk about funny.

ahaha yeah ive seen some "turbo" dpfi's too shits funny talk about fuel starvation when u only have 2 injectors and 1 is not even on half the time :lol: