PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust difference

entropy88exi
08-25-2009, 05:23 PM
does anybody know or know a resource where i can check the differences between an exhaust kit for a 3g hatch and a 3g coupe? ive got access to a coupe exhaust but i don't know how much modification will be needed to make it fit. if anybody has gone through this,input would help.

charliekuney
08-25-2009, 06:33 PM
mykwikcoupe has a coupe's exhaust on his hatch, and it just sticks out a few inches. It needs to be trimmed behind the axle hump, maybe four inches. Wiki says the coupe/sedan is 4.9 inches longer than the hatch. I'll ask him, if you'd like.

Demon1024
08-25-2009, 07:15 PM
thats why it's further back on my coupe. :) ty

mykwikcoupe
08-27-2009, 05:58 PM
the parts from the head to the cat swap between all 3g models The cat back section is what differs from length of body. My hatch exast is too short for the coupe so naturally the coupe is too long for the hatch. The coupe bolted onto the sedan with no problems so I would assume they are the same. Once again the hatches being the odd man out. I cant say part number wise but from real worl fitment. The handers are all in the same place except the hanger by the passenger rear wheel and the muffler. Because of this I would say the striaght section under the rear seat is where the changes take effect.

I hope this knowledge helps. Mike

entropy88exi
08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
so if i put a hatch exhaust on my coupe i'm probably looking at just cutting it and adding 4-5 inches of pipe onto it,and then it should fit decently?

mykwikcoupe
08-29-2009, 01:53 PM
4-5 is too much its more like 1-2 Id say leave it as is and fit it on. If it exits just after the bottom of the bumper it should be fine as long as it doesnt exit before the bumper. If I remember correctly the factory tip was tucked back a few and looked hidden. It only takes a few seconds for me to swap the whole system anymore. The hardest part is knocking losse the rusted, corroded, Overheated stock nuts and bolts. Keep us informed on what you find.

gp02a0083
08-29-2009, 07:45 PM
if it was the case that the hatch is shorter , if your using a resonator , couldn't you just weld in a different one like form a civic to make up for the 4"-5" diff.?