PDA

View Full Version : Help, if you have 92 civic intake installed.

Night Rida
10-02-2002, 07:51 PM
OK guys, finally got arounf to get my car worked on with my limited funds rolling in, got my cross drilled brembos put on with PBR metal master brake pads(freakin sweet) Anyway I just got my red AEM civic intake from NOPI here in town for $89.00 with AEM filter just like K&N, my ? is what three wires go into those 3 holes in there? I know about the trimming in size and stuff but there are 2 holes that seemed drilled into the pipe and one looks like a nipple. If I completely take out my stock intake will I find three hoses to route to thenew intake? Or do I hook up up just certain ones??? Pls help as I am lost!!! Can yall be very SPECIFIC too? With close up pictures would be nice, I have checked the other faq's but none seem to show me the hose connections close up! Coming and going from where???
Thanks, alot fellas. Hope to have pics soon after the car gets lowered.
Jay

1988starter
10-02-2002, 08:21 PM
Ok you have an 88 accord so you only need to hook up one hose it is the big hose that comes off the valve cover. You should also block one of the big holes and the nipple. I found the stock hose is a bit of a stretch so I bought a longer piece of vacume hose about 30 cents a foot.

Here are some picts take a look at the one called engine and intake
www.geocities.com/midias2/1988/2002

Here are some more recent ones.

www.geocities.com/geezpict/eng1/eng1project.html

smufguy
10-04-2002, 09:08 AM
hey starter, nice set up. NOt to be a dick, but time to clean that engine bay and hood? :) it would make ur look even more better. love ur custom painting. were those metallic or just plain red and blue?

1988starter
10-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Yea it's a work in progress and they are just plain red and blue

89lxi95zx7
10-04-2002, 11:22 AM
hey starter, how long is your intake?just the tubing(not filter incl.)?and what kind of angle is the bend? i'm trying to make a custom intake and just need some dementions. i was going to have some 3" exhaust pipe bent and just buy the filter. if you can help it would be sweet!do you live near jamestown?thanks

Night Rida
10-04-2002, 03:26 PM
Hey thanks man, sorry it took so long to get back to you.
But knowing me I have more ?'s lol
Cover up the nipple and one hole and just buy new vacum hose and put that in the hole or use the adapter that came with the intake to put that in the hole? Or can i use the nipple? Will it just stick in the intake or do I need to buy a nipple type adapter to make it fit good without any air leak?
And about the size I have seen people with the battery turned sideways, will it fit w/o cutting it(intake), it seemed like it would or can I buy a smaller battery?
Thanks again!
Jay

1988starter
10-05-2002, 04:45 AM
If you get a new vacume hose the same size it shold shove right in and not leak I guess you could usr the nipple but it is up to you.

Smurf I will measure the pipe later today.