PDA

View Full Version : main relay fried

xxdecompilerxx
09-03-2009, 05:49 PM
87 accord lxi with 89 engine in it auto

i been reading thru and havent seen a problem silmar to mine with the main relay

at first car was screwed up with pgmfi light it flashes 6 times yeah tw sensor i know fk it i drove it like that for an year yeah yeah bad gas milage eh my issue is the dang thing wouldnt start i put it in the shop turned out to be the main relay sensor for the fuel injectors and fuel pump paid 225.00 to find out and had it fixed got it out of the shop drove it was fine the very next day i drove it to walmart same dang problem pgmfi light gone wont start think something is causing the main relay to fry am out of money to put it in the shop

w261w261
09-03-2009, 05:59 PM
You didn't say that you fixed the reason for the flashing ecu, which was-is probably the TW sensor, $25 bucks and you can just unscrew the old one and put in the new one, no mechanic needed. As the sensor fails, it gets worse slowly until it won't start at all. You sure that isn't your problem? If the main relay was replaced it should be fine.

xxdecompilerxx
09-03-2009, 06:11 PM
actually my bad i have two sensors one is tw the other is ect the green cap it has two wires one is splitted out and i drove the car like it for an year

Oldblueaccord
09-04-2009, 01:53 PM
google techmeup for how to test the mainrelay or do a search in this section under my name or mainrelay. You may have an issue with your ignition switch if you don't see the check engine light on when you first turn the key on.

wp

xxdecompilerxx
09-16-2009, 08:38 AM
ok here it is the problem was the main relay was screwed the shop replaced it and the next day i drove it and it died on me same issue took it back to the shop found out it had a bad ground wire & they took care of it the bitch is now running yayyy

Vanilla Sky
09-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Hey man, I'm down in Palatka and know these cars like the back of my hand. If you have any more troubles with a shop, PM me and you could drive down here and I could give you a hand in getting it fixed. I had Labeledsk8r and his girlfriend's Civic up here a few weeks ago from Ocala. Got a carport and a nice paved driveway to work.

Let me know if you need any more help with it. I have a junkyard of these things, just ask anyone that's been to my parents' house.

LX-incredible
09-16-2009, 09:09 AM
TW and ECT are the same thing. There is only one engine coolant temp sensor. The larger green sensor next to it is the aux fan switch. You will have starting problems with a bad TW/ECT or TA sensor.

Civic Accord Honda
09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
:| O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $225 for a main relay?!?!?!?!?!?1? u can solder them bitchs back up for free! and there only like $60 brand new....

Vanilla Sky
09-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Well, resoldering them does cost a few cents. You have to desolder it first to get the old contaminated solder out of the joints first before applying fresh solder.

Dr_Snooz
09-16-2009, 07:45 PM
:| O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $225 for a main relay?!?!?!?!?!?1? u can solder them bitchs back up for free! and there only like $60 brand new....

Main relay + fuel pump = $225