PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie D. Suspension, eye need sum addvise.

89AccordNate
10-02-2002, 08:13 PM
I will be putting my konis in next weekend, and I figured while I was at it, I my as well do my other suspension bushings too. My drivers side tie-rod end is ripped, but it has no play...should it be replaced? My sway bar bushings are cracked and flat from 185,000 miles and the lowering job. If they are worn, what kind of feelings would It be? My front suspension feels pretty mushy, but I dont know if thats from the tokicos or not...it probably has something to do with it.

What other things should I replace if I am going to have it all ripped apart? The stuff SEEMS to be pretty tight, but I am having some 'cupping' in my tires. Where one tread will be high, and the next tread will be low..but once again that could be from the tokicos. Give me some idea here what I should be looking for at 185,000 wear and tear miles.

Thanks master of suspension-

Nate.

Jims 86LXI HB
10-02-2002, 09:04 PM
I'd look into working on the tie rod end's If you feel like doing the work, but since you say they feel tight, I'd do'em anyway's just because of the rip you mention. At the very lease replace the sway bar bushings and end links with factory pieces. Or check out the recent thread on "sway bar bushings. Their you'll see idea's on how to make poly urathane sway bar bushings happen for your car. When is the last time you had the car alighned?

89AccordNate
10-03-2002, 07:27 AM
I had the car aligned about a year or more ago. I have a feeling that may had been it. I hate my ingalls kit with a passion. But I REALLY dont want to rip out the upper a-arms and get into all of that again. But the boots are ripped on those too :(.

It just feels sloppy!

Nate.

89AccordNate
10-03-2002, 09:19 AM
How many bushings would I need to do the sway bar bushing replacement? Is it a total of 4 or is it 8 for both sides?

Nate.

MoonScryer
10-03-2002, 02:29 PM
8, and it will cover both sides. Also, get the bracket one's too.