PDA

View Full Version : Innovative Mounts concerns

nswst8
09-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Hello all,

I don't want to take over anyone's thread over, so I'll start my own.

I want the state that in my opinion a fraud has not been commited.

I do not believe that Tommy was scamming anyone here. Why, the mounts are in production. This means Innovative was given mounts to copy and they were.

Along with the development of axles and a possble cross member. This was completely unheard of, prior to Tommy getting involved.

The lack of information, contact with Tommy has a few concerned about their money, I can understand this.

Group buys have a multitude of snags that have to be worked out. The 1st was trying get 50 orders which seems to be a minimum for any shop. We could not even get 25. So a new deal had to be worked out.

I understand how a few of you think how it should have been done, this is not the point. The point is the mounts are in production, period. Yes or No.

Again, I do understand how you feel about the path that Tommy took the process. This is his group buy, this gives him the latitude nessasary to get his baby completed.

As a owner/operator I have had a multitude of decisions to make when financing projects. And as a group buy organizer I understand the delays. Dealing with shops and the clients, what a nightmare. But it is what we do to keep things moving forward.

A few of you have decided to use legal assistance in persuing a resolution to your satisfaction. This is your right. Just remember not all of us believe as you do.

Just remember to be careful for what you ask for. The only help this forum has is the ability of those few courageous enough to take on groupbuys. Its a big decision for anyone to take on.

Now as for being a person who has been on both sides with the use of lawyers. A lawyer will take practically anything on for a fee. The threat of legal action has an effect on most but not all.

You see the legal system works both ways. The plaintiff has the burden of proof. The Defendant only has to prove reasonable doubt of the allegation.

Remember innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Remember this when someones accusation places you in this position.

As a Owner/operator you need to weigh the odds of litigation.

Unforeseen circumstances has placed Tommy in a awkward position, again "MY OPINION" and I hope that he is able to recover from it, whatever it may be.

I will offer him my assistance should he need it and when it comes time for him to make that decision.

This forum has created a network of friendships.

Do you turn your back on friends. Not me. Tommy has the benefit of doubt as far as I am concerned.

Tomisimo
09-05-2009, 04:45 AM
Agreed, I think that Tommy didnt got rich of those poor 3000$ So stop runting about it, I'm sure when he gets back everything will be sorted out..

89T
09-05-2009, 06:31 AM
I am with you NSWST8...
I hate to see someone whom is a long time member and has done alot for the community get bashed.

ghettogeddy
09-06-2009, 02:27 PM
and if im not mistaken if this does lead to court or any sort if he was incarcerated at the time no legal action can be taken his hands are pretty tied, but everyone does have a point hat its her paypal

and i want everyone to know im not just defending a person, but someone who has strived to help this community. it would be a dif story for me if it was some d bag that just kinda came in and made a group buy. far more efforts were put into this by tommy and hes not getting a single penny for it. i could see if you guys had paid for a service for him to do this, but he set it up for you to just get parts. no one is paying tommy to do this, nor have thought about it. as ive said a few times this is the least of thoughts on his mind. if he is in jail his calls are prolly consumed by his lawyers and talking with his kids.

your gona do what your gona do stop arguing about it on a forum and handle your business.

but is a lawyer fee really worth the 305 lol
you might get a lil back but its more then likely to cost you money to try and get money back

then what happens if he comes back?

nswst8
09-06-2009, 02:39 PM
I as an owner/operator have had more than a few accounts. And as a father responsible for child support dealings with the state of California had to maintain separate bank accounts with my wife. Until my son turned 18.

There are a number of reasons all very good and debateable. I understood that to get the monies to Tommy I had to use this account.

It is unfortunate paypal only has a 90 day dispute policy. It would be nice to find a solution to this situation.