PDA

View Full Version : Getting worst here

import racer
09-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I recently found out that now lowered cars and jacked up trucks around here have to get a special inspection.Plus they're checking exhaust too,has to be under a certain decible.Where is it gonna end!

Bass Man
09-07-2009, 10:31 AM
I heard about the checks up there on my Suzuki forum. You can't have any DIY suspension mods because of all the idiots with 6" lift blocks and 10" body lifts...

charliekuney
09-07-2009, 10:42 AM
They've been picky like that in Washington for a while now. More on loudness than height.

stat1K
09-07-2009, 11:09 AM
a lot of states have decibel rating limits. as for diy suspension mods i really think that's a good idea because some things are just unsafe. as for if your vehicle is lowered properly i think you'd have nothing to worry about. the best way would to just get ksports for the accord and rock it all the way up when inspection comes around then lower it down after.

always keep a spare exhaust too, it's a life saver :)

Dr_Snooz
09-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I recently found out that now lowered cars and jacked up trucks around here have to get a special inspection.Plus they're checking exhaust too,has to be under a certain decible.Where is it gonna end!

Probably when boy racers stop waking up the neighbors at 3 am. Heh heh. :)

itzdave
09-07-2009, 08:10 PM
They've been picky like that in Washington for a while now. More on loudness than height.

yea no shit! they say it cant be louder than stock... thats so gay. you can hear a Harley from 2 miles away, but arent allowed to hear me a block away.

charliekuney
09-07-2009, 09:03 PM
you can hear a Harley from 2 miles away, but arent allowed to hear me a block away.

It's irritating, because it also seems to not apply to large, lifted trucks and SUV's and such.

amcinstaller
09-08-2009, 11:19 AM
around there theyre not too picky on hieght or anything, unless youre really high with big tires. then they make you get mudflaps, which doesnt hurt my feelings at all. so many rock chips could be avoided with those. but a few of the big trucks are just getting little honda mudflaps. theyre legal, but completely useless.:mad: oh, and sound too, but only if youre REALLY loud and its late.

Joay
09-08-2009, 11:36 AM
yea no shit! they say it cant be louder than stock... thats so gay. you can hear a Harley from 2 miles away, but arent allowed to hear me a block away.
That's mostly a safety issue. "Loud pipes save lives."
But they totally milk it.

2drSE-i
09-08-2009, 11:57 AM
That's mostly a safety issue. "Loud pipes save lives."
But they totally milk it.

Yea thats a bunch of bull-fucking-shit. Driving defensively saves lives. That loud pipe crap makes me want to run them over....

It's just a bunch of profiling. Guys with big dick extensions are less likely (in the eyes of law enforcement) to be doing illegal shit than the boy ricer with the 9" exhaust tip.