PDA

View Full Version : Sound coming from front end!

kwmowery
09-08-2009, 12:49 PM
After I make a turn...don't think it matters which way I turn...I get a pulsating sound that increases with acceleration from I think the drivers side drive line. Do I have bearings? u-joints? Don't really know the parts of FWDs

I have only worked on RWD vehicles....1st FWD for me....

any help would be great!

1987AccordLx-i
09-08-2009, 01:37 PM
After I make a turn...don't think it matters which way I turn...I get a pulsating sound that increases with acceleration from I think the drivers side drive line. Do I have bearings? u-joints? Don't really know the parts of FWDs

I have only worked on RWD vehicles....1st FWD for me....

any help would be great!

well if its only on the turns and its more of a ticking sound... then its your cv joints... if you can, post a vid and ill let you know

kwmowery
09-08-2009, 01:44 PM
its more of a sqweek.....sqweek.....sqweek....sound....that increases with speed.

I do not have the capability of recording the sound currently.

1987AccordLx-i
09-08-2009, 09:04 PM
its more of a sqweek.....sqweek.....sqweek....sound....that increases with speed.

I do not have the capability of recording the sound currently.

ok... is it more of a nails on chalkboard sound? if so then you probably need new brakes... its hard to tell

charliekuney
09-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Squeak, or creak? When I think of a squeak, I think of a mouse. Creak, I think door.

SOHC
09-09-2009, 09:19 AM
That sounds like the Brakes, I may be wrong.

headbanger
09-09-2009, 09:50 AM
It probally has the cheaper pad which will make a squeaking sound after they crystalize.Spray them real good with brake cleaner then drive it mash down on brake just a little bit an see if it stops if it does just replace pads with a mid grade version from ur local autoparts.Usually if it is a cv joint going out it makes a clicking sound when u turn wheel.while in motion.

1987AccordLx-i
09-09-2009, 08:31 PM
it probally has the cheaper pad which will make a squeaking sound after they crystalize.spray them real good with brake cleaner then drive it mash down on brake just a little bit an see if it stops if it does just replace pads with a mid grade version from ur local autoparts.usually if it is a cv joint going out it makes a clicking sound when u turn wheel.while in motion.

+1