PDA

View Full Version : help me clerify a few things

danny nr crew
09-08-2009, 06:00 PM
so from wat i have read to swap from carb to fi u have to swap out gas tank,wire loom, and of course the intake is there anything im missing?

Bass Man
09-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Running the return line (or high pressure line?) I hear is the hardest part.

danny nr crew
09-08-2009, 06:18 PM
damn it i dont even know where thats located at lol
and would i also have to take out my dash jus to get the wire loom out?

Dr_Snooz
09-08-2009, 07:19 PM
You probably want to spend some quality time with the how-to before embarking on this quest.

FI Conversion (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112)

danny nr crew
09-09-2009, 06:20 PM
thanks for the help ill read up on that

Vector
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
yea your gonna have to pull the dashboard and most of the stuff bolted to the firewall behind it to run the feed line.. its a bitch.

personally if i did another one i would just run a new steel braided line as a feel line and use the carb line as a return since its already in the right spot. You can use the carb fuel tank w/efi ppump.. but cant let it get below 1/4 or the gas will run away from the pickup when you go around corners/brake to hard.

i know this from experience lol.

Bass Man
09-09-2009, 07:57 PM
How much more pressure is the EFI pump than the carb pump? I guess the FAQ will tell me, huh?

lostforawhile
09-09-2009, 07:57 PM
if you buy a doner car just swap the lines from one car to the other already made up.

lostforawhile
09-09-2009, 07:59 PM
How much more pressure is the EFI pump than the carb pump? I guess the FAQ will tell me, huh?
EFI is 35 pounds carb is 2.5 the fuel injection stuff are special fittings they aren't push on hoses like the carb, I'm pretty sure al the mounting points for all the FI stuff are already on the car.

Bass Man
09-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I thought the carb was 7psi. I'm not running a regulator on my weber, cuz I don't think they need it under 12psi. heh.

lostforawhile
09-09-2009, 08:05 PM
I thought the carb was 7psi. I'm not running a regulator on my weber, cuz I don't think they need it under 12psi. heh.2.5 to 3 is what it calls out. nowhere near seven, if you had seven on that weber it would be spewing fuel out the bowls, webber should never run more then 3 psi reccomended pressure for them is two. the original reason i set up the regulator on my carb was I was going to run a webber setup first. Pierce manifolds said to use the low pressure holley regulator. as a matter of fact,unless you want to go super expensive on an aeromotive low pressure return unit, it's the only one like it I know of or have been able to find.