PDA

View Full Version : vacuum lines

Coolbusracer
09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
So i finally figured out why my hatch was unhappy, and it was all because of some dumbshit mechanics.

At one point, the previous owner decided to have the cruise control system removed. Keep in mind that i drive a DX that didn't come with any cruise control components on the interior besides a switch that was just thrown in to fill one of those spots. What the mechanics removed were the "cruise control servo under hood + bracket sensor near oil filter", and charged $52... This was all done in 2000 and ever sense the car was having idle issues. Today i decided to check all the vacuum lines after hearing about all the issues from just a loose hose. I saw that one of the lines was just OPEN, and i started her up and plugged the line with my finger and... PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only question is should i go to a j/y and get the parts that are missing or will just plugging it up work???? I have access to plenty of 3g's at the local j/y and can afford it, but will there be a noticeable difference between plugging it up or replacing the parts???

itzdave
09-09-2009, 12:16 AM
id say that if ya put ur finger over it and it works right, then just plug it. makes sense to me?

shepherd79
09-09-2009, 04:14 AM
If you don't have cruise control buttons than keep the car the way it is.

Coolbusracer
09-09-2009, 12:04 PM
All righty then, just plugging the hole sounds good to me. After plugging the hole it runs fine so I'm ok with doing that. :thumbup: