PDA

View Full Version : Possible big east coast meet???

Pages : [1] 2

guaynabo89
09-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Wasup guys, a couple of members here have been throwing around the idea of a big east coast meet for a while now. Since noones really made a thread about it I figure we could discuss here to see if we could get something going.

My thoughts on the subject is this:

Location somewhere central like the Carolinas. (north south or south north carolina)

time....I think if not all meet up on a friday maybe Sat. Set up a hotel stay somewhere.

I think maybe shooting for late April early May to make sure snow is not an issue and summer heat hasnt officially kicked in.

HAve some sort of track event whether it be a dragway or autocross.

No Bull! Good clean fun for the amount of time we would be there. ( no drugs breaking things or acting like fools enough to get police attention)

Try and scope out any good photo locations.

I was hoping of this being something alot of us could get into. Even the Canada guys. all the way up from new england down to FL and whoever slightly west could make it.

Either way Im tired right now...... so discuss:thumbup:

*EDIT 01/18/2010*

Heres the tentative plan so far.

May 20th Thurs.: Check in at hotels, test and tune at http://www.dunnbensondragstrip.com/
May 21st Friday: Adventureland Raleigh, Go Karting, Laser tag, minigolf, etc. Lots of options for nightlife, etc for those of us that are old enough.
May 22nd Saturday: Meet at the park. BBQ, photo Shoots, fun stuff.
may 23rd Sunday: Brunch, checkout, say goodbye to your Flippin' Buddies.

*EDIT 01/18/2010*

*EDIT 01/21/2010*

There is now a official meet thread. It can be found here:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71644

All updates will be posted there,

*EDIT 01/21/2010*

Joay
09-09-2009, 08:56 PM
100% up for it. Spring semester usually ends halfway through May for me so the later couple weeks would be win.

2oodoor
09-10-2009, 03:59 AM
Darlington hosts quite a few things but we are probably too small. I have been to the VW bug meets there with drags, swap meets, etc..

carotman
09-10-2009, 04:51 AM
How hot is the weather in early May? If I'm going to make such a long trip, might as well enjoy the beach :D

Joay
09-10-2009, 05:54 AM
How hot is the weather in early May? If I'm going to make such a long trip, might as well enjoy the beach :D
The Carolina summers are mildish. If you go to the beach in May the water is cold. I usually go in late June / early July and the ocean is still in the sixties.

mushroom_toy
09-10-2009, 06:30 AM
Im in for sure.

guaynabo89
09-10-2009, 07:03 AM
I think the weather shold be in the low-mid eighties by then. The water will be freezing though.

That's something we could research though. :D

2oodoor
09-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Ive been to Mrytle Beach in April (Master's golf week in Augusta)second week and it has been warm, other times too cold.
I do not get in the ocean much anyway, they have pools and jacuzzis closer to the bar.:beer:
Rates are still down then too, something else to consider maybe.

mushroom_toy
09-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I really cant wait....i will be 5spd swapped, rebuilt, turboed, and hopefully repainted and reupholstered by then. :)

stat1K
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
count me in since i'm in the Charlotte Area now.

i'll come just to take photos, no 3g for me anymore :-\...

RobT5580
09-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I would consider plus my brother is in NC and Carotman the beaches down south are much nicer than New Jersey LOL.

King Peetis
09-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I have a buddy with a beach house in Charleston SC that he will rent to me for 200.00 a day. It will sleep about 8 comfortably. That would give us some ability to stretch out and especially at night. He's cool but Im with Guaynabo, this will have to be good "clean" fun.

88LXi68
10-27-2009, 08:23 AM
bump...don't feed rob any beers if you want good clean fun

FAYDOGG1988
10-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Count me in!!!!

guaynabo89
10-28-2009, 07:21 PM
lol

Well spit out some ideas guys.

Location Location Location.......where could this be done that we can do something other than sit in a parking lot or park.

2ndGenGuy
10-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Better make it good, there's another PNW meet brewing!! :D

88LXi68
10-29-2009, 06:41 AM
memorial day weekend sounds good...is there any holiday in Canada during that time?

location - NC or Virginia would be good, but not sure what is around there

carotman
10-29-2009, 07:35 AM
memorial day weekend sounds good...is there any holiday in Canada during that time?

location - NC or Virginia would be good, but not sure what is around there

We have Victoria Day in Canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Day

They aren't the same unfortunately :(

Victoria day will be on may 24th this year. I think your Memorial day will be on may 31st.

guaynabo89
10-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Hows the weather going to be around that time in Va or NC?

I don't want to be passing out from heat.lol

what about early May? First week or so? I know memorial day would be good cause most of us already have off, but traffic migh be an issue.

also how many days should we make it?

3 or 4 day weekend?

the way I see it is that most of us will spend a day just driving to and from (figuring about 10 hrs or so driving each way) that would only leave us with one day for events and probably a 2 night hotel stay unless we go for a 4 day.

once we get location time activities set then were all going to have to inform our jobs to get those days aproved and of course let ur families/significant others know so they can make arragements. I myself would be bringing my family ala import alliance. :)

russiankid
10-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I may be in. By then I'll have 200k on the car and well taking it on a such long trip haha....

2drSE-i
10-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Amy and I are talking it over. I think we will be in :-) We are gonna make it a couple day trip though, forget 19 hours all at once :-(

2drSE-i
10-31-2009, 10:05 AM
If i may add input, i think 4 days would be ideal. ImportAlliance was kind of a drag because by the time we got there (Late friday) it was nighty night time, so we had saturday, and then we left sunday. That was kind of my mistake, but at least two full days would be great! But if I'm coming, Kansas/Nebraska and everyone in between had better come!

cubert
10-31-2009, 11:12 AM
1000 miles and 15+ hours, for now I will say I am out...

2drSE-i
10-31-2009, 11:15 AM
1000 miles and 15+ hours, for now I will say I am out...

Dont be a baby!! :D

guaynabo89
10-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I drove 12 hours to import alliance. Don't be a wus. :)

lol

no I know its alot. Unfortunately were all scattered everywhere. Not alot of us 3geez fans left.

keep on spitting out ideas guys. If yall know of any neat places in the NC Va area post up.

2drSE-i
10-31-2009, 11:42 AM
We could include another forum or some other unpopular platform. Maybe a junkyard day friday and BBQ saturday??

I'm thinking everyone get there on thursday, stay friday and saturday, leave sunday or monday?

guaynabo89
10-31-2009, 12:17 PM
sounds good to me but we need to fill up those days with activities.

BBQ yes, but I'm out of junkyatd

LXiHatch88
10-31-2009, 01:14 PM
I should have one of mine running by then, so I'll definitely try to make it if you guys get something together.

cubert
10-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Its not the drive im concerned about...at that point ill be working 60-70 hours a week...so time would be the issue.

guaynabo89
10-31-2009, 02:33 PM
that's cool man only messsing with you

that's why we need to start planning time n places for those with demaanding work schedules to be able to get approved time off.

2drSE-i
10-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Its not the drive im concerned about...at that point ill be working 60-70 hours a week...so time would be the issue.

ew.... Yea that would suck.

cubert
11-01-2009, 06:50 AM
If I can find a way to get some time off whenever the final date is, I will definitely make it down...but I will just have to wait til closer to the meet to find out.

2drSE-i
11-02-2009, 07:55 AM
I know this kinda leaves you out dennis, but there are tons of awesome paintball places in VA. Would be alot of fun for everybody. I don't remember how old your kids are, but if their over twelve they can play too.

88LXi68
11-02-2009, 08:34 AM
if we include another platform I say 1st gen tegs and 2nd & 3rd gen preludes. I am aiming to trail down the car this time around.

guaynabo89
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Yeah I wouldnt be able to do that but thats a great idea for an activity.

Steve....."I am aiming to trail down the car this time around"

:confused: ???

russiankid
11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah I need a date because I have school.

88LXi68
11-02-2009, 08:43 PM
if we include another platform i say 1st gen tegs and 2nd & 3rd gen preludes. i am aiming to trailer down the car this time around.

fixed

carotman
11-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Pff, you afraid it won't make it?

guaynabo89
11-03-2009, 06:11 AM
lol

he's not planning on opening the bonnet so if he trailers it he won't have to worry about checking fluids :P

oh and when do classes end? Early May no?

guaynabo89
11-03-2009, 06:24 AM
oh and I'd be down for 1st Gen tegs and preluded getting together.

it could be like a flipped headlight meet. Lol

2oodoor
11-03-2009, 07:17 AM
oh and I'd be down for 1st Gen tegs and preluded getting together.

it could be like a flipped headlight meet. Lol

yes

88LXi68
11-03-2009, 08:27 AM
lol
he's not planning on opening the bonnet so if he trailers it he won't have to worry about checking fluids :P

says the guy with A/C and a car that will cruise on the highway comfortably at 75mph and not get run over by the big rigs in VA and TN. there was nothing special to see with my engine besides it being flithy.

Panzy
11-03-2009, 11:26 AM
:[ I rear ended someone on 495 Halloween eve.

GG to my 88 Lx-i coupe. it still runs but repairs would be too much for me.

Way to hold the meet after it! :[

2drSE-i
11-03-2009, 12:13 PM
flipped east coast meet ftw! i looked into track rental rates. for the most affordable track it would be in nc, and would cost 4200 for one day. Would love to do this, but wed need 40 cars to show up to make it worth it...

russiankid
11-03-2009, 06:35 PM
lol

oh and when do classes end? Early May no?
I think last day is May 11th, I am not sure.

says the guy with A/C and a car that will cruise on the highway comfortably at 75mph and not get run over by the big rigs in VA and TN. there was nothing special to see with my engine besides it being flithy.
A/C eh?:bong:

guaynabo89
11-03-2009, 07:13 PM

Oh stop it. You want me to post up the awsome hotel pics of your car! ;)

I was able to cruise at 75, but not comfortably. You forgot I got 4 tires with flat spots from sittng in the same spot for 2 years :P

Plus I dont think the hot n humid stuff doesnt really start until like mid June.

If all fails take the teg. You can be the cookout king. lol

Speaking of which.....are we going to do the obligatory park n cookout at some sort of recreational park?

Adam I havent looked into it but maybe enter something thats already going on. Say a Saturday open drag track etc?

Steve what other forums where you thinking about inviting?

russiankid
11-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I can cruise 80-90 without any problems. Stock 3gee with new touring tires ftw! Oh this is with 38F blowing out the vents too:cool:

2drSE-i
11-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh stop it. You want me to post up the awsome hotel pics of your car! ;)

I was able to cruise at 75, but not comfortably. You forgot I got 4 tires with flat spots from sittng in the same spot for 2 years :P

Plus I dont think the hot n humid stuff doesnt really start until like mid June.

Speaking of which.....are we going to do the obligatory park n cookout at some sort of recreational park?

Adam I havent looked into it but maybe enter something thats already going on. Say a Saturday open drag track etc?

I cruised the whole way there about 80. But not comfortably...freakin mid/south 100 degree weather. My A/C WILL Be fixed for this trip.

g1teg.org and preludepower ftw! I think the word will spread from those two forums pretty well.

I looked into virginia international raceway as well, they have a friday at the track program, but you have to attend classes for half the day before you get on the track, and its 275 for the day. Not worth it IMO. Open drag track would be fun. I wouldn't run, but i would LOVE to watch your car do a few passes :D

88LXi68
11-04-2009, 06:58 AM

I refuse to take that rust bucket. Adam mentioned the 2 forums I would have suggested.

I can cruise 80-90 without any problems. Stock 3gee with new touring tires ftw! Oh this is with 38F blowing out the vents too:cool:

hate you.

i would LOVE to watch your car do a few passes :D

Agreed

guaynabo89
11-04-2009, 07:29 AM
I would also like to run d track a couple of times. I hope to have my front mount situation taken care of before the end of the year along with alot of exhaust wrap. So for the new year I'm going to retune and all should be gravy. :D

1/4 mile tracks are usually 20/30 bucks for the day but first we need to pick a location.

Anyone know someone in the NC VA area that could come up with ideas?

So are we doing the cookout at some state/city park thing???

oh n paintball still a good idea Adam.

should we try to keep it to one thing per day? Or should we plan 2 diff things per day?

2drSE-i
11-04-2009, 09:01 AM
i think one thing a day is probly a good idea. that way its still a vacation, and we have plenty of hangout "family time." gotta have the gratuitous bbq at the park lol

2drSE-i
11-04-2009, 09:18 AM
so where are our ga guys at? luke, tim? oh and may i suggest the weekend before memorial day? still no traffic, but ensures all (or at least most of) the college aged guys will be able to come

guaynabo89
11-04-2009, 09:27 AM
weekend before memorial day sounds good if the working folks can manage it. Some employers might not aprove having a day or 2 off if the following weekend is a 3 day weekend. Definately sounds good though. schools out and not the traffic of memorial day weekend along with the hords of poeple going out to parks/beaches etc.

SO how about the obligatory bbq at park on Saturday to give those people who would only come for a day or two a chance to hangout without spending any extra monies on hotel stays etc. How does Sat from 11-5 sound? after that we play it by ear or go our seperate days.

Sunday is going to be mostly for check out n go home so maybe a lunch at noon before we all head our seperate ways???

Friday can be a paintball thing or track event etc.

is this starting to sound like a plan???

Come on guys start chiming in.

Joay
11-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I suck at paintball and my car sucks at racing so I'm out for all of that but I'll still be coming. If you guys are going to the track on Friday I might just show up that night or Saturday morning.

2drSE-i
11-04-2009, 11:31 AM
weekend before memorial day sounds good if the working folks can manage it. Some employers might not aprove having a day or 2 off if the following weekend is a 3 day weekend. Definately sounds good though. schools out and not the traffic of memorial day weekend along with the hords of poeple going out to parks/beaches etc.

SO how about the obligatory bbq at park on Saturday to give those people who would only come for a day or two a chance to hangout without spending any extra monies on hotel stays etc. How does Sat from 11-5 sound? after that we play it by ear or go our seperate days.

Sunday is going to be mostly for check out n go home so maybe a lunch at noon before we all head our seperate ways???

Friday can be a paintball thing or track event etc.

is this starting to sound like a plan???

Come on guys start chiming in.

So do we wanna get there mid-afternoon thursday, spend all day fri at the track or paintball or w/e, saturday at the park, taking pics, w/e, and sunday kinda headin out?

Sounds like a heck of a weekend!! Now we just need to find a place...haha.

I was thinking Virginia Beach. Its a super nice town in virginia, lots of parks and what-not, shopping for the ladies.

I also found an awesome looking Go-kart place there.
http://www.vbmotorworld.com/GroupCorpRates.html

They offer group rates, 35 a person will get us 3 races (12 laps, 12 laps, 25 laps) and a 5 lap practice, which really isnt bad. They do require a 100 dollar deposit against damage, but since they require 10 people, thatd only be 10 dollars a person. Only bad thing is its 16+, which means your kids (dennis) would need to find something else to do while we are playing, although honestly im not sure if you could do it anyway with your back. That same place, though has mini-golf, paintball, and go karts for kids and other rides too, so I'm sure you could find something to do if your back won't allow the karting.

edit

So virginia beach is pretty darn close to like 4 other towns, so if we decided to do the karting thing, we could stay in norfolk, chesapeake, or any of those other towns and they are less than 20 mins away. WAY cheaper to stay in too.

russiankid
11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Some of us could split a room no homo style. However, since I am a AAA member I will see if I can a good deal.

2drSE-i
11-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Some of us could split a room no homo style. However, since I am a AAA member I will see if I can a good deal.

well i know myself, steve (88lxi68) and dennis (guaynabo) will be out. Dennis has a family, and steve and I are bringing girlfriends (i assume steve, crystal (sp) was a trip!) but i bet the single guys will be down (assuming they start chimin in)

Joay
11-05-2009, 06:44 AM
That would be cool, I'm riding solo. Can't guarantee a no-homo experience, though. :naughty:

cubert
11-05-2009, 08:41 AM
That would be cool, I'm riding solo. Can't guarantee a no-homo experience, though. :naughty:

:lol:

russiankid
11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Haha Joay. I just checked and I could book a room for about $60 a night.

gp02a0083
11-05-2009, 01:30 PM
when and where is this gonna be, id like to go to another meet with you guys, the last one in NJ/e-town was a bit hectic
now that i finally got a job I might be able to do this :thumbup:

Joay
11-06-2009, 03:09 AM
Haha Joay. I just checked and I could book a room for about $60 a night.
Damn! I'm down for that. Promise to keep the gayness to a minimum.

2drSE-i
11-06-2009, 04:45 PM
We need to get organized so we can start inviting other people!

Raleigh NC - Go karting, big city, pretty central. Lots of parks and stuff. I'm sure we can find plenty to do. Paintball field thats CHEAP, but we would need to get a min of 20 people to participate. Parks for BBQ.

Virginia Beach - TONS of stuff to do, lots of shopping, etc. Go karting, paintball. Parks for bbq.

Any other suggestions? Maybe we should add a poll or two at the top.

Also, how many people would be willing to make it a four day weekend (Arrive Thurs, "play" friday and saturday, and head out sunday)? I think this would give us all a decent vacation, and get plenty of group time in.

To get a halfway decent turnout, I know we discussed 1gteg.org and preludepower (2nd and 3rd gens), but what about including the classic honda section of honda-tech?

2drSE-i
11-08-2009, 08:38 PM
bump???

Joay
11-09-2009, 05:44 AM
I won't be doing more than one-and-a-half days since I'm lame like that, so those of us who are going to actually do more stuff should probably be the ones choosing the location. But, I've been to Virginia Beach and I liked it. I've only passed through Raleigh but I would vote for VA.

88LXi68
11-09-2009, 07:30 AM
I am going to say NC because I have been there and I do not think VA Beach will be warm enough yet to really take advantage of that.

BUT...either choice is fine with me

87accordlxi
11-09-2009, 07:45 AM
How many people would come if the meet was in Ohio? :naughty:

Joay
11-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey I'd go, I actually go to Ohio every couple weeks just to drive around if you can believe that. I know there are at least two or three other Ohio members here, so if not many of yall want to trek out to the coast, I'm up for a sort of midwest meet too.

cubert
11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Virginia and ohio are both the same distance from me, so it doesnt bother me either way :lol:

The downfall of living in NH...exactly 3 days away from everywhere.

2oodoor
11-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Virginia and ohio are both the same distance from me, so it doesnt bother me either way :lol:

The downfall of living in NH...exactly 3 days away from everywhere.
Yeah well Augusta Ga apparantly isn't close enought to any friggen thing either so I feel ya brother:cool:mrytle beach?
N RK & J I dont think the homo comment was even acknowledgable as a joke or a dig...even if this were completeley co-ed, um which it is so why assume it isn't , I would share a room with a female and not expect reciprocating lap lickage cuz we are buds about cars n life. :rolleyes::lol:

89dxthehonda
11-09-2009, 11:27 AM
hey nc and va beach are good with me i have family that lives in va beach and i grew up in nc and my dad lives there

2drSE-i
11-10-2009, 09:23 PM
I know this idea may seem crazy to a lot of people, but what about Kansas/Oklahoma? By may we are usually pretty warm, and i bet we could get a few Cali guys to show. Maximum driving time from anywhere in the US is 32 hours to Oklahoma City.

But since we are talking East Coast, Ohio would be about 7 hours closer for me. I take it you can figure stuff out for us to do?

2drSE-i
11-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh, if we did decide to do a Big U.S. Meet in oklahoma, my school rents out a BAD-ASS driving course (where i and the Oklahoma City Police Department are taught Precision and Emergency Vehicle Operations) for 300 a day. Dirt Cheap :thumbup:

Joay
11-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Long as I have the time/money, I'll show up wherever, but I don't imagine I'll have enough of either to make it to OK. Would be awesome if I did though.

markmdz89hatch
11-11-2009, 06:25 AM
OK would be a completely hanus drive for me, and i'm guessing the same for Steve, Rob, Alan, and all the NJ guys. Ohio is not out of the question, and VA and NC are both options (still talking about 10-12 hrs for the NewEngland'ers).

I highly doubt my car will be driveable by then, but it's yet another goal to try and meet (yet completely miss). I'll try my damndest to get out there where-ever it is, but gettign the time off could be difficult seeing as I'm going to have to find a new job come the new year seeing as we're closing our doors at the end of the year.

cubert
11-11-2009, 07:14 AM
OK would be a completely hanus drive for me, and i'm guessing the same for Steve, Rob, Alan, and all the NJ guys. Ohio is not out of the question, and VA and NC are both options (still talking about 10-12 hrs for the NewEngland'ers).

I highly doubt my car will be driveable by then, but it's yet another goal to try and meet (yet completely miss). I'll try my damndest to get out there where-ever it is, but gettign the time off could be difficult seeing as I'm going to have to find a new job come the new year seeing as we're closing our doors at the end of the year.

Yea..Oklahoma city is 26 hours worth of driving for me..

Sucks about the job Mark, hope you find a new job quick.

2drSE-i
11-11-2009, 11:39 AM
and i figured itd be way far for most people, and the convinience for us here in the central us (all three of us) would kinda be outweighed by the inconvenience for everyone else. besides, i doubt anyone from the west coast would show anyway. im down for NC or OH

88LXi68
11-11-2009, 02:12 PM
got your text adam...

I like the idea of OK because it is a central location. cons - obviously a long drive for many

Ohio - maybe we can do it at the Marysville Ohio Honda Plant? can we schedule a tour or something? Is there a museum? cons - doubt many from the south would come

NC or VA - they are a wash. both are reasonable distances and the activities available at each seem good.

I drove 17hrs straight for IA in TN. If I could trailer the car, I would go pretty much anywhere.

mushroom_toy
11-11-2009, 02:18 PM
I say NC or SC lol cause I dont get vacation time till late June, so Id have to make this a weekend deal.

2drSE-i
11-11-2009, 02:44 PM
got your text adam...

I like the idea of OK because it is a central location. cons - obviously a long drive for many

Ohio - maybe we can do it at the Marysville Ohio Honda Plant? can we schedule a tour or something? Is there a museum? cons - doubt many from the south would come

NC or VA - they are a wash. both are reasonable distances and the activities available at each seem good.

I drove 17hrs straight for IA in TN. If I could trailer the car, I would go pretty much anywhere.

The Ohio Honda Plant would be awesome. I bet they would get a kick out of seeing a bunch of the first (honda) cars to be built in America and shipped to japan! (or they wouldn't really care..)

I say NC or SC lol cause I dont get vacation time till late June, so Id have to make this a weekend deal.

Lame...

guaynabo89
11-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Damn Ohio!

You guys are kiling me. That would be like an 18 hr drive for me.

I still think NC VA would be the place being that would put it at about 12 hrs or less for everyon but Adam n Carrot.

Oh cmon Steve. Just take it easy. Anything over 65 mph and your just losing mpg's anyway. ;)

Besides I have to take 2 cars and stop every 45 min for pea brakes. :lol:

2drSE-i
11-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I know i talked to a few of you about The Tail of the Dragon in NC. It would be cool, but it would only provide us about 30 mins (down and back....) and there is NOTHING anywhere near.

Can we narrow this down to Northern NC/Southern VA? I think this is pretty central for everyone, and will limit our city selection :thumbup:

guaynabo89
11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
sure why not. I have no problem with that.

Wish I knew someone into the automotive scene out that way to see if there were any preferred parks or activities.

mushroom_toy
11-11-2009, 08:27 PM
The dragon is between tenn/nc

markmdz89hatch
11-12-2009, 05:33 AM
so Adam the only question that begs to be asked is how you got to coordinating this all the way from Okie. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and really look forward to putting a face to the name.... ...but seriously, it defines dedication when you're going to be driving from Okie to NC/VA for a meet. I'm loving this.

guaynabo89
11-12-2009, 05:38 AM
He just couldnt get enough of us east coast boys at I.A.

lol

Plus he wants a ride in the hatch. :kekeke:

All who attend will get a ride in the hatch. :deal: (not driving of course)

markmdz89hatch
11-12-2009, 06:01 AM
He just couldnt get enough of us east coast boys at I.A.

lol

Plus he wants a ride in the hatch. :kekeke:

All who attend will get a ride in the hatch. :deal: (not driving of course)

oh come one. I promise I'll be nice to it. ...Steve let me drive his and you can as him, I was very gentle on it. Right Steve?

guaynabo89
11-12-2009, 06:07 AM
I was very gentle on it. Right Steve?

:inout:

Joay
11-12-2009, 06:31 AM
All who attend will get a ride in the hatch. :deal:
Well shit now I have to go.
I still like Virginia Beach, but Myrtle is also a really nice coastal city that's not remote and has stuff to do. Hotels will be chilled out in the spring as well. FWIW, VA girls are hotter than SC girls. Just putting that out there.

2drSE-i
11-14-2009, 05:38 PM
bump, in durant (pronounced doorant, but only if u live here) oklahoma. i just enjoy hangin out with 3gee guys =). and i just want to make sure we pick a spot so we can invite our flipped brethren. course the ride in the 300 whp hatch is appealing too =)

88LXi68
11-17-2009, 07:23 PM
bump

2drSE-i
11-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Im calling a track tomorrow about rental rates, but i have a feeling its still gonna be way expensive. Word on the bump tho....

guaynabo89
11-18-2009, 04:29 AM
sorry i havent checked myself, but I've been busy with my family lately.

I would so LOOOoOOOOVE an autocross type event ( ala IA, I loved that even though there were cars in front) but 1/4 mile track prices are usually 20-30 bucks per car and more reasonable. Whatever you find Adam just post up prices n details. In the end we'll just mke a poll to see what people would be willing to spend.

the way I see it as of now The full weekend will probably cost us about 400 including gas n hotel stays. This is average of course. Some will pay a little more in gas cause of driving distance n some will pay alot less if they only stay one night and live a little closer.

2oodoor
11-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Well shit now I have to go.
Myrtle is also a really nice coastal city that's not remote and has stuff to do. Hotels will be chilled out in the spring as well. FWIW, VA girls are hotter than SC girls. Just putting that out there.
um, WRONG definatley wrong...

Mrytle has a sweet go cart complex, fast carts and you can drive all day. Banked curves, rain or shine

guaynabo89
11-18-2009, 06:18 AM
ok

If any one has idea please post a link to a website and or just maybe business name n address or phone number etc, so that all of us may look to see what activities we would all be up to. :thumbsup:

2drSE-i
11-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Talked to the guy from the track today....WAY more than we could afford. 4 grand for one day. Maybe if there were 40+ of us going. Im down for anything. Should we maybe include the 1gteg and preludepower guys, see if they can come up with ideas?

guaynabo89
11-18-2009, 08:16 PM
I say we figure out the location events then invite.

Thats not to say we cant ask members from other sites for ideas though.

you capish-ing what im saying. :)

cubert
11-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Dammit..I gotta start saving my pennies.

Its bad enough I dont have the right car for the meet...but I refuse to show up in a stock car again...and I know this meet is gonna sneak up fast. :lol:

2drSE-i
11-18-2009, 09:33 PM
yea it will.... Im gonna say myrtle beach will be too far south for most North easterners.

UGH why is this so hard :lol:

markmdz89hatch
11-19-2009, 05:21 AM
yea it will.... Im gonna say myrtle beach will be too far south for most North easterners.

UGH why is this so hard :lol:

because our country is pretty damn big and it's not like we're a Porsche or Ferrari club. We're just a bunch of regular Joe-Shmo's. ...and that's why I like it. ...but it does pose some issues when looking at organizing a country-wide(~ish) meet. I'm loving this idea.

Joay
11-19-2009, 06:08 AM
I said this before in either this thread or last May's DC thread, but the VA/NC border is almost exactly halfway (in terms of distance, at least) between the top of Maine and the bottom of Florida. I've never driven north of New York City so I don't know if it takes longer to get around in the Adirondacks or what, but Myrtle is technically farther south.

That said, I'm still down for anywhere, I'll be driving a lot less than a lot of you guys.

2drSE-i
11-19-2009, 09:22 AM
I said this before in either this thread or last May's DC thread, but the VA/NC border is almost exactly halfway (in terms of distance, at least) between the top of Maine and the bottom of Florida. I've never driven north of New York City so I don't know if it takes longer to get around in the Adirondacks or what, but Myrtle is technically farther south.

That said, I'm still down for anywhere, I'll be driving a lot less than a lot of you guys.

why dont we make it virginia beach then? tons of stuff to do, its right on the border, and theres a cheap awesome looking carting place! We can stay in the surrounding areas to save money, and it would be super fun

Tdurr
11-19-2009, 10:12 AM
shit so i haven't posted in this thread at all. but im down for anything in the east coast. I say we do a nc thing since enveyone is pretty down for it, and then the ones who want can make a trip out to the dragon, 3geez style. My buddy made the trip out for a day, form the middle of ga went up there, went up and down a few times and got back before like 9 so it cant be too far if we are already in NC. haha... just sayin... and hopefully ill have tires by then....

guaynabo89
11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Virginia beach it is!

lol

If its not to expensive an area lets research hotels n parks. (that will let you have a BBQ with a hopefully large group of members)

Who wants to cook?

Well gather up some funds before hand or the first day to buy supplies. ;)

2drSE-i
11-19-2009, 08:51 PM
I'll cook, I rather enjoy it personally. VA Beach has TONS of parks and what not, and we can stay 20 mins away for cheap. I was honestly considering looking at vacation homes and seeing if anyone wanted to split with us :D

Starting to sound like a plan?

russiankid
11-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Are we going to get a 3geez party where we all get shitfaced and make fun of each other like we do on the forum? Haha just kidding.

MessyHonda
11-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Are we going to get a 3geez party where we all get shitfaced and make fun of each other like we do on the forum? Haha just kidding.

sounds like fun Sam....i wish i could drive to your meet

Tdurr
11-21-2009, 10:55 AM

im down. hell they got pics of me at IA doing stupid games and wut not lol.

2drSE-i
11-21-2009, 02:52 PM
im down. hell they got pics of me at IA doing stupid games and wut not lol.

LOL i was upset cuz i missed the good game. We went to bed and i was OUT!! Wish i had been up a bit longer, but i was DRUNK lol.

guaynabo89
11-22-2009, 04:36 AM
sounds like fun Sam....i wish i could drive to your meet

see what you need to do is buy a plane ticket, have one of us pick you up, and split a hotel with someone. ;)

there you go and without the hassle of driving. :D

2drSE-i
11-22-2009, 11:12 AM
see what you need to do is buy a plane ticket, have one of us pick you up, and split a hotel with someone. ;)

there you go and without the hassle of driving. :D

You could fly to OKC and ride with me!!

2drSE-i
11-22-2009, 01:27 PM
What?

Flipped Headlight East Coast Meet
1st-3rd Gen Accords
1st - 3rd Gen Preludes
1st Gen Integras
When?

May 20 - 23rd, 2010

Thurs, May 20

Everyone (who can) Arrives, meets up and has some drinks!

Friday, May 21

Go Karting at Virginia Beach Motorworld.
$35 Per person (minimum 10, max 12) To book this, we need $100 refundable damage deposit.
Includes:
• 5-lap practice/qualifying race
• 12-lap heat race
• 12-lap heat race
• 25-lap feature race
• Trophy ceremony for top 3 finishers
Also includes a 1 year membership for each racer, and a head sock (which is required)

Saturday, May 22nd
WTFBBQ?!? oh no, just a BBQ. Big Flipped BBQ, beer, food, good clean fun. Pics, meet and greet, bring your parts to sell if you want. Just fun time

Sunday, May 23rd

Goodbye everyone! Maybe one more family meal or whatever you want to do.

Lodging can be had in Virginia beach, but (way) cheaper can be found in Norfolk, which is about 20 minutes away.

Sounding like a plan?

guaynabo89
11-22-2009, 01:36 PM
sounds ok.

park location and definite hotel(s) locations is what we need.

gotta make sure peoples are down to spend more than just gas money though. I think we should make a poll to see how much people are willing to spend

2drSE-i
11-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Norfolk has quite a few cheapish hotels, and its about 22 miles west from virginia beach. This will be my vacation for the year so id be willing to spend 4-500 dollars or so, but i assume id be in the minority. Can you add a poll to it Dennis?

Joay
11-23-2009, 05:23 AM
1st-3rd Gen Accords
1st - 3rd Gen Preludes
1st Gen Integras
What about CRX Ballades!?

2drSE-i
11-23-2009, 06:19 AM
What about CRX Ballades!?

did we get those in the states? and did they have flip headlights? im mot being sarcastic, i really dont know lol

88LXi68
11-23-2009, 07:13 AM
did we get those in the states? and did they have flip headlights? im mot being sarcastic, i really dont know lol

I have never even heard of them.

curious...has this been posted on the other 2 sites?

Joay
11-23-2009, 07:23 AM
No, it's all lulz. I've never seen one outside of a brochure.
But if someone wants to bring one out of the woodwork...

They're sweet:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2128/3761/30319380011_large.jpg

2drSE-i
11-23-2009, 09:20 AM

curious...has this been posted on the other 2 sites?

that ballade looks awesome. no we decided that decisions were best left with the pros :lol:

2oodoor
11-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Im listening:thumbup:

I know this, I will never attend another meet not driving or pulling a flipped lid or at least a Viewmaster collection of slides (hmm anyone remember those) lol.

Provided I can get suspension finished on either of the cars and barring other scheduling conflicts I have in my life, I would be down for this.:bow:

mushroom_toy
11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Guess Im out. Cant go that far in a weekend and get back in time for work. Oh well....no itbs, fresh paint and sexiness for you guys. :P

guaynabo89
11-23-2009, 06:32 PM
what days you work?

it probably be like 8 hrs or so for you right?

Adam I'm kinda doing some things with the fam so I haven't really looked into anything, but feel free to hit me up.

cubert
11-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Guess Im out. Cant go that far in a weekend and get back in time for work. Oh well....no itbs, fresh paint and sexiness for you guys. :P

Come on man, im driving 10+ hours right when motorcycle season starts to get crazy....call in sick :lol:

guaynabo89
11-23-2009, 07:33 PM
poll added

please vote guys

mushroom_toy
11-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Nah I need the money too much. I work Mon-Fri 2-10

Tdurr
11-23-2009, 08:01 PM
dude thats wuts up. Im totally down for a weekend with the flipped headlights crew. Ill bring a few tag alongs that dont flip up, and possibly get someone to ride up in my rx7 :ninja:

2drSE-i
11-23-2009, 10:22 PM
what days you work?

it probably be like 8 hrs or so for you right?

Adam I'm kinda doing some things with the fam so I haven't really looked into anything, but feel free to hit me up.

Will do.

Does anyone object to location and dates? There is plenty of time to cram in more activities and what not. If there are no objections i think we can start planning more in depth.

2drSE-i
11-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh and Luke, you HAVE to come. Can't skip one day of work? :-(

stat1K
11-24-2009, 07:10 AM
more details, i can get any week off at work pretty much since they give me 4 weeks every year.

2drSE-i
11-24-2009, 09:16 AM
What?

Flipped Headlight East Coast Meet
1st-3rd Gen Accords
1st - 3rd Gen Preludes
1st Gen Integras
When?

May 20 - 23rd, 2010

Thurs, May 20

Everyone (who can) Arrives, meets up and has some drinks!

Friday, May 21

Go Karting at Virginia Beach Motorworld.
$35 Per person (minimum 10, max 12) To book this, we need $100 refundable damage deposit.
Includes:
• 5-lap practice/qualifying race
• 12-lap heat race
• 12-lap heat race
• 25-lap feature race
• Trophy ceremony for top 3 finishers
Also includes a 1 year membership for each racer, and a head sock (which is required)

Saturday, May 22nd
WTFBBQ?!? oh no, just a BBQ. Big Flipped BBQ, beer, food, good clean fun. Pics, meet and greet, bring your parts to sell if you want. Just fun time

Sunday, May 23rd

Goodbye everyone! Maybe one more family meal or whatever you want to do.

Lodging can be had in Virginia beach, but (way) cheaper can be found in Norfolk, which is about 20 minutes away.

Sounding like a plan?

Stat1k, all of this is still up in the air. Do you need more details?

mushroom_toy
11-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Man with driving and everything even taking off on Friday would leave me little time to do anything before having to drive back.

stat1K
11-24-2009, 01:48 PM
yeah no i read that what i meant is CONCRETE DETAILS! i'm in charlotte so anything that's been suggested except for the oh, ok, ks suggestions are good to me. i'm just saying lets settle on something and get it done!

2drSE-i
11-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Well I think that Virginia Beach is a pretty good location. What else would you guys like to do?

SZfiftyfour
11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Ya'll should change the name to, Big 'Flippin East Coast Meet. Thats good t-shirt material!

2drSE-i
11-25-2009, 07:13 PM
that, sir is a great idea

Joay
11-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Ya'll should change the name to, Big 'Flippin East Coast Meet. Thats good t-shirt material!
I'm on it!

SZfiftyfour
11-25-2009, 07:58 PM
lol I was just about to say- well, you have the t-shirt man going...

Edit: I dont have photoshop[/obvious] but here's a basic layout of something I was thinking....
Those cars could be 1g teg, 3g accord, & 2g/3g lude. In whatever order. Wanted to do something different with the title but mspaint fails.
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/CcordLevel2/Flippin1.png

2drSE-i
11-28-2009, 11:00 AM
It would be in 2010 as well, but i like the idea lol.

LewZur
11-28-2009, 11:51 AM
I wish there was a closer meet to me. I really would love to attend a meet with the 3 geez guys even though it seems everyone has cleaner accords than mine :crying: 2dr can you work on a meet closer to us sometime :nervous: I got to give you mad props for organizing an event from so far away :cheers: But seriously I'd like to see an OKC or maybe a KC meet sometime, I'd be down for anything within an 800 mile radius of me.

2drSE-i
11-28-2009, 12:15 PM
I wish there was a closer meet to me. I really would love to attend a meet with the 3 geez guys even though it seems everyone has cleaner accords than mine :crying: 2dr can you work on a meet closer to us sometime :nervous: I got to give you mad props for organizing an event from so far away :cheers: But seriously I'd like to see an OKC or maybe a KC meet sometime, I'd be down for anything within an 800 mile radius of me.

i would LOVE to set one up close. Unfortunately there is maybe 10 members within the midwest, and only 5 or so would show up. Maybe 2011 can bring us a Big Flippin US Meet.

2drSE-i
11-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Oh and if your down, we can caravan to the big east meet. The girl and I were talkin about leavin early weds morning, stopping about halfway thru for the night, and pickin up early again thurs morning.

LewZur
11-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Oh and if your down, we can caravan to the big east meet. The girl and I were talkin about leavin early weds morning, stopping about halfway thru for the night, and pickin up early again thurs morning.

If I can shuffle my schedule to make it work I may try to go, just so damn far might as well drive to socal :lol: As it gets closer I'll know more but if I do I'd be interested in meeting up around OKC and caravanning.

2drSE-i
11-28-2009, 10:16 PM
I can just meet you in Russellville (is that what your referring to as russvegas??) Its right on I-40, which is right on my way.

LewZur
11-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I can just meet you in Russellville (is that what your referring to as russvegas??) Its right on I-40, which is right on my way.

That's the one, Idk why I was thinking I had to go west. This holiday break's made me stupid :lol: Friggin' Idiot

Tdurr
11-29-2009, 04:42 PM
hehehe... im excited about this...

russiankid
11-29-2009, 06:42 PM
So a hotel for two nights? Not bad at all.

I voted spending no more than $200. Hotel will run me about $100 for two nights, and the remaining is for the food and activities.

SZfiftyfour
11-29-2009, 08:34 PM
It would be in 2010 as well, but i like the idea lol.

Lol, apparently I don't think that far ahead, also Im retarded:confused:.

I wish my Accord was running so I could go to this meet. I'll have to catch you guys at the next one.

2drSE-i
11-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Psh, get your car running, you have six months...

Tdurr
11-29-2009, 11:39 PM
^^ wut he said.

mushroom_toy
11-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Big Fail.

SZfiftyfour
12-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Psh, get your car running, you have six months...

^^ wut he said.
Thing is, I just got hit with $3k worth of med bills I need to pay off before Im able to put money into the Honda:violin:. After that, the plan is to refresh the whole car as opposed to just getting it running.

Big Fail.
:uh::rolleyes:

Hell, I might still be able to work it out though. Thats a good lil ways away.

guaynabo89
12-01-2009, 01:13 PM

lol

Thats a great idea

I think we should keep actively discussing all aspects until Jan. In Jan we can start making the "concrete" plans that will hopefully be finalized by Mid February at the latest (if not earlier) so that we may all reserve hotels with a good 2-3 month advance.

VA beach is a good 13 hr drive for me but Im all for it if it will give the northern guys more of an incentive to show up.

I figure we would need at least 15 cars to consider this meet a sucess, which I think we can achieve if we all plan ahead a little.

You know....file those income taxes early so that we all got money. lol

realisticly the average remains on about 200 for 2 hotel nights and money for activities. Depending on how far you are that number could go up alot because of gas. Me myself would probably waste about 400 in gas round trip.(probably more though)

On one thing we really need to get settled is the BBQ park location as that might cuase problems if there are certain rules at certain parks about it. SHouldnt be a problem but you never know. Plus a big group for say karting etc would also need a good advance I would think. (month+ I think)

2drSE-i
12-01-2009, 06:57 PM
lol

Thats a great idea

I think we should keep actively discussing all aspects until Jan. In Jan we can start making the "concrete" plans that will hopefully be finalized by Mid February at the latest (if not earlier) so that we may all reserve hotels with a good 2-3 month advance.

VA beach is a good 13 hr drive for me but Im all for it if it will give the northern guys more of an incentive to show up.

I figure we would need at least 15 cars to consider this meet a sucess, which I think we can achieve if we all plan ahead a little.

You know....file those income taxes early so that we all got money. lol

realisticly the average remains on about 200 for 2 hotel nights and money for activities. Depending on how far you are that number could go up alot because of gas. Me myself would probably waste about 400 in gas round trip.(probably more though)

On one thing we really need to get settled is the BBQ park location as that might cuase problems if there are certain rules at certain parks about it. SHouldnt be a problem but you never know. Plus a big group for say karting etc would also need a good advance I would think. (month+ I think)

Most karting places want a week in advance, but if we want a set date we will want to set it up earlier than that.

I think maybe now we should include the 2g/3g lude and 1g teg guys. I think in this case, 2 heads are better than one. I think we can tell them what we were thinking, and see what they think.

I think we should EASILY get 15 cars. From what I'm hearing, we will have at least 6 3geez, and remember 3rd gen ludes are pretty numerous.

mushroom_toy
12-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Big Fail guys, big fail. :(

cubert
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM
huh? ^^

russiankid
12-03-2009, 04:23 PM
I would probably spend somewhere around $90 on gas.

LewZur
12-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Well, I talked it over with the misses and she's down for the trip. She even offered up using our taxes for funds. I'm guessing somewhere in the $400 range for gas round trip as well. I don't know 2dr, you live about 4hrs west of me, do you think this is a fair estimation? I definitely agree we'll need concrete dates by the middle/end of January, so we can get a decent deal on hotel rooms. So barring some major unforseen event, I'm in. Now do I finish up the stuff I want to do to my 3rd gen, or do I dive right in to the 2nd gen lude and try to get it ready for the trek? :dunno:

2drSE-i
12-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Think of it this way. I average about 400 miles per tank, at 1200 miles, thats 3 tanks. 6 tanks back and forth, which is roughly 35 bucks a piece, thats around 210. Not too shabby. its actually closer to 1400 miles, but you get the drift.

LewZur
12-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Think of it this way. I average about 400 miles per tank, at 1200 miles, thats 3 tanks. 6 tanks back and forth, which is roughly 35 bucks a piece, thats around 210. Not too shabby. its actually closer to 1400 miles, but you get the drift.

Yeah that's close to the same math I used, lol

Accordian88
12-05-2009, 11:50 PM
so whats the status of this possible meet? anything concrete yet?

2drSE-i
12-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Nope, not yet. Still have a while to decide.

2drSE-i
12-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Oh, dennis, i got your second text. You have a knack for catching me at school/work (on my only day that i have school, i might add, LOL, not that its a big deal or anything)

Lets pick a place!!!

stat1K
12-11-2009, 11:47 AM
charlotte! :)

i'd drive as far as charleston, or maybe a little deeper in sc.

guaynabo89
12-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Ive been busy with family things Adam, but yeah we definately have to pick something. Ima see if I can sit down some time and look for locations but hey text me or link me to anything we need to look at. :)

mushroom_toy
12-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Im in for the Carolinas.

cubert
12-11-2009, 05:23 PM
I thought it was going down in Virginia??

mushroom_toy
12-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Nevar....or at least if it is I wont be able to come.

2drSE-i
12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
well thats why i picked out virginia beach. its barely in virginia, so its pretty central, but pretty much anywhere on the coast is about the same to me. dennis, ill email or pm you about it later

stat1K
12-31-2009, 07:20 AM
bump

cubert
01-01-2010, 06:34 PM
bump

That went well... :lol:

2drSE-i
01-01-2010, 10:21 PM
bump

Ignored :kekeke:

Really though, time to come up with a place.

stat1K
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
if i'm gonna be ignored i won't bother coming in here :-\

markmdz89hatch
01-02-2010, 12:28 PM

you're impossible to ignore because you piss everyone off... :rant:

i keed, i keed....

anyway yeah for the love of everything holy, someone pick a damn date(s) and place and let's make it official. Once that's set, I'll sticky a new thread with the details and a sign-up sheet.

Joay
01-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Formally casting a vote for: Virginia Beach.

russiankid
01-02-2010, 03:31 PM

:stupid:

cubert
01-02-2010, 03:48 PM

x3

2drSE-i
01-02-2010, 09:56 PM
I dont think anyone had objections to Virginia Beach, So I'm gonna go ahead and call it as a win for Virginia Beach.

Did anyone have objections to Thursday, May 20 - Sunday, May 23rd? Seems like a decent (long enough) weekend, non holiday so we dont have to fight traffic, and after school so we could bring kids.

stat1K
01-05-2010, 08:46 AM
that's an eh vote from me, that weekend is my anniversary and i may be going back to az.

cubert
01-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Im pretty open to dates. The only time that would be tough for me is the middle of June, during Laconia bike week.

2oodoor
01-05-2010, 11:56 AM

charlotte sounds good to me too

it is hard to be whiney about the drive though seeing how some are willing to drive over 1000 miles

anything over four hour drive would have to be during spring break or after school is out, I know some of you have done this and I respect the helloutta you for it but I hate driving for hours and hours just to spend a few hours then run back.

gtmst3
01-05-2010, 02:49 PM
i would love to go but unfortunately i dont think my car would make it nor do i have money anyway

Joay
01-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Is Waterbury in Connecticut? You might find someone to hitch a ride with. You've got a few months to get the car running though.

mushroom_toy
01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I had an objection lol quite a few times. Guess I wont be there.

gtmst3
01-05-2010, 03:53 PM
my car runs its just not 100% reliable
and yes waterbury is CT

88LXi68
01-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Virginia beach here I come!

2drSE-i
01-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I had an objection lol quite a few times. Guess I wont be there.

oh my bad your right. how close would it have to be for you to come? or were the dates the problem?

mushroom_toy
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Have to be in the carolinas, just because I cant make it up there and back in a two day timespan. But...I may not be done with all im planning by then anyway so idk.

2drSE-i
01-07-2010, 03:35 PM
va beach is literally like twenty mins from the northern border of nc, if it makes any difference. if not we can figure somethin else out

mushroom_toy
01-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Well preferably Id like something in lower nc/upper sc. But either way if yall wanna do it in Va thats fine, I may not be able to make it either way, just depends on how much Ill be working.

gp02a0083
01-08-2010, 05:27 AM
same here , i just got a job at this place http://www.ashwin-ushas.com/ , so i don't know for sure if im gonna be able to attend this meet, by that time also my car should be getting prepped for paint

stat1K
01-08-2010, 06:24 AM
yeah the difference for mushroom is like 6 hours if you're talking from where he is to charlotte compared to where he is to va beach...

Driving directions to Gainesville, GA
542 mi – about 9 hours 43 mins

I-85 S
204 mi 3 hours 27 mins

for me from charlotte its a 6 hour drive. it's not that far really, but that weekend may be bad for me.

2drSE-i
01-09-2010, 10:20 AM
it really makes no difference to me. pretty much from south sc to north va is an hour or two, just cuz of the different routes. i know the guys in the north east were looking at va being pretty far, and i know dennis would be happier further south. ideas people!

Joay
01-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Well one good thing about Charlotte is that it's inland, and I think we're all pretty much spending at least an hour going east at some point if we do the coast. I'm all about the beach but if we can get attendance up by keeping it back a little bit that's more important. I've been to Charlotte exactly once for like an hour and it looked kinda shitty but maybe it's nice, no idea.

How good is Charlotte for you mushroom? It's probably no farther than Myrtle Beach since you'd be going more north instead of east.

cubert
01-09-2010, 12:46 PM
I think for now im going to back out...

Im going to wait and see where the final location is and then decide from there.

2drSE-i
01-09-2010, 03:39 PM
I think for now im going to back out...

Im going to wait and see where the final location is and then decide from there.

no, no, none of that. post ideas, give us input!

cubert
01-09-2010, 03:46 PM
no, no, none of that. post ideas, give us input!

I just dont wanna be an influence on the final location, when I dont even own a 3g :lol:

2drSE-i
01-09-2010, 03:55 PM
dude im sure i can speak for everyone when i say i couldnt care less what you drive, we just want you to come lol

cubert
01-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Well, driving times for me would be like this:

Nashua, NH to Virginia Beach, VA: 10 hours 51 mins, 593.38 miles

Nashua, NH, to Charlotte, NC: 14 hrs, 54 mins, 888.93 miles

mushroom_toy
01-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Charlotte would be fine for me. Ive been down there and back in one day, so I know I can do it for the weekend. They had an importalliance meet at the honda dealership there. It was a looooooong shitty day though...dont wanna do teh one day thing again lol. Driving all day sucks, esp at 3am at night, driving there, staying for like 2 hours, then cause of my ex driving back. :( I dont know what there is to do there though.

86ccord
01-09-2010, 07:51 PM
haha.. south carolina sounds great.. :D

mushroom_toy
01-09-2010, 10:35 PM
haha.. south carolina sounds great.. :D

You better come if I go lol.

2drSE-i
01-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Well, driving times for me would be like this:

Nashua, NH to Virginia Beach, VA: 10 hours 51 mins, 593.38 miles

Nashua, NH, to Charlotte, NC: 14 hrs, 54 mins, 888.93 miles

Charlotte would be fine for me. Ive been down there and back in one day, so I know I can do it for the weekend. They had an importalliance meet at the honda dealership there. It was a looooooong shitty day though...dont wanna do teh one day thing again lol. Driving all day sucks, esp at 3am at night, driving there, staying for like 2 hours, then cause of my ex driving back. :( I dont know what there is to do there though.

having said this guys, do yall see a problem with finding a place between charlotte and va beach? it would add about 2 hours for both driving times, but im looking for a happy medium. fyi, waking up at 6 am for a week when your used to sleeping as late as u want sucks...

gp02a0083
01-10-2010, 08:12 AM
im gonna sit this one out , i don't get enough vacation days to start out with \ and so far it doesn't seem anything has been set in stone. id like to go don't get me wrong but its a 6-7 hour drive to Va beach and 9-11 hrs to Charlotte. :(

2drSE-i
01-10-2010, 09:49 AM
im gonna sit this one out , i don't get enough vacation days to start out with \ and so far it doesn't seem anything has been set in stone. id like to go don't get me wrong but its a 6-7 hour drive to Va beach and 9-11 hrs to Charlotte. :(

id like to have plans finalized by the end of this month, so we cam get the ball rolling. would 7-8 hours be to far for you? im thinking between charlotte/va beach is where we are gonna wind up

stat1K
01-10-2010, 01:01 PM
i think va beach is probably the most central location for everyone at around 6-8 hours of driving

russiankid
01-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I'd like to knock out the driving in one sitting, so 6-8 hours is enough for me.

2oodoor
01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
ive never been in the majority so whatever if it happens it happens:redx:

2drSE-i
01-10-2010, 04:38 PM
i think va beach is probably the most central location for everyone at around 6-8 hours of driving

while i agree with you, i also think that if we move it a bit more south or even southwest it will cut out the extra hour of driving east for the northern guys. this would not only put it closer to the southern guys, but it would be about the same for the northern guys

cubert
01-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Id like to hear the input of some of the guys that are in the northeast...see what they are thinking.

86ccord
01-10-2010, 06:55 PM
You better come if I go lol.

shit yeah, ill ride out. not with the 3g but with the Si.. and i might have a few extra guests with me.. :D :D :D

russiankid
01-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Not sure what I will bring. The BMW is just so damn comfortable to cruise in vs. the 3gee.

2drSE-i
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Not sure what I will bring. The BMW is just so damn comfortable to cruise in vs. the 3gee.
As our resident New Englander (that has posted today, i mean :D ), what do you think about Greensboro or Raleigh? Either are more east than charlotte, but alot more west than va beach. And a bit further south.

Raleigh is 11 hours from the center point of New Hampshire, and 11 hours from orlando. Can't get more central than that i don't think.

That shaves 3 hours from orlando to va beach, and NH stays about the same.

Comments?

guaynabo89
01-11-2010, 07:13 AM
sounds good.

sorry I haven't kept up but been doing alot of stuff at home.

Adam feel free to text me or call. I've been very busy and away from computers lately.

cmon guys lets get this thing going! :D

2drSE-i
01-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Will do buddy. I just need Luke and Cubert to let me know what they think.

88LXi68
01-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Driving all day sucks, esp at 3am at night, driving there, staying for like 2 hours, then cause of my ex driving back. :( I dont know what there is to do there though.

try doing ct to tn 17hrs straight. not fun.

I'd like to knock out the driving in one sitting, so 6-8 hours is enough for me.
Agreed, but I am willing to up it to 10-11hrs

Id like to hear the input of some of the guys that are in the northeast...see what they are thinking.

Hartford - Virginia Beach 8 hours 50 minutes / 478.35 miles
Hartford - Raleigh 10 hours 52 minutes / 614.56 miles
Hartford - Myrtle Beach 13 hours 51 minutes / 802.93 miles

Selfishly, I would love to do Virginia Beach as it is the nearest, but I am willing to compromise and do Raleigh. I will not go further south or drive more than that.

2drSE-i
01-11-2010, 08:29 AM
try doing ct to tn 17hrs straight. not fun.

Agreed, but I am willing to up it to 10-11hrs

Hartford - Virginia Beach 8 hours 50 minutes / 478.35 miles
Hartford - Raleigh 10 hours 52 minutes / 614.56 miles
Hartford - Myrtle Beach 13 hours 51 minutes / 802.93 miles

Selfishly, I would love to do Virginia Beach as it is the nearest, but I am willing to compromise and do Raleigh. I will not go further south or drive more than that.

Thanks for the input Steve. Who else would be coming from up there?

stat1K
01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
honestly mertyle beach sucks... if we are gonna go to a beach in NC or SC wrightsville is way less crowded, so is kuhr and carolina beach.

i'd still like a beach location as raleigh isn't that much fun by itself.

2drSE-i
01-11-2010, 12:31 PM
I agree, the beach would be fun. I still think it would be way too cold in may to take advantage of it though.

mushroom_toy
01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Ill vote for Raleigh. I looked online at their tourism site and Im sure we can find stuff to do. Looks like they have a lot to do. Dont know if yall would be intersted but they have a harley drag racing museum..plus many parks, and many other things. Also looks like they have a good amount of nightlife, so we can do the bar/pub/sports bar, etc.

They have a karting place too as well as many other things.
http://www.rushhourkarting.com/

Raleigh info: http://www.visitraleigh.com/visitors/things_to_do/

mushroom_toy
01-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Or we can do the absolutely badass/cheapest thing and camp at one of the parks...have a cookout then go do other activities....I would like a hotel, but havent checked their prices yet.

gtmst3
01-11-2010, 03:42 PM
its way too far for mee would like somthing maby a 6 hour drive 7 max

russiankid
01-11-2010, 04:06 PM
As our resident New Englander (that has posted today, i mean :D ), what do you think about Greensboro or Raleigh? Either are more east than charlotte, but alot more west than va beach. And a bit further south.

Raleigh is 11 hours from the center point of New Hampshire, and 11 hours from orlando. Can't get more central than that i don't think.

That shaves 3 hours from orlando to va beach, and NH stays about the same.

Comments?

That is fine, I think that is about 6 hours for me. Also, as far as hotels, I get a discount on hotels so for me it would be about $60-80 a night(maybe even $40-50 depending on what hotel). So possibly we could figure something out and share a room and split the cost.

2oodoor
01-11-2010, 04:32 PM
where is pigeon forge? a lot of car clubs meet up there.

mushroom_toy
01-11-2010, 05:44 PM
^Tenn.

2drSE-i
01-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Or we can do the absolutely badass/cheapest thing and camp at one of the parks...have a cookout then go do other activities....I would like a hotel, but havent checked their prices yet.

I for one will be staying in a hotel, but if anyone decides to camp out you can use my shower :D

Anyone have objections to Raleigh?

mushroom_toy
01-11-2010, 09:15 PM
^Well really I would like a hotel as well. Just cost more money...we gotta find a party palace.

2oodoor
01-12-2010, 06:47 AM
I for one will be staying in a hotel, but if anyone decides to camp out you can use my shower :D

Anyone have objections to Raleigh?

Nope and Nope :kekeke:
Raleigh isn't too bad, and wow Mayberry museum ftw

2drSE-i
01-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Nope and Nope :kekeke:
Raleigh isn't too bad, and wow Mayberry museum ftw

LOL didn't realize how akward that sounded

Joay
01-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Raleigh's cool with me.

stat1K
01-12-2010, 08:38 AM
i'd be down it's not a bad drive for me at all.

cubert
01-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Ill try to make it, cant promise anything til we get closer to the meet.

LewZur
01-13-2010, 05:27 PM
So, I've been off the grid for a few and come back to see locations are changing??? Has anything been decided on location? Just wondering because hotel reservations need to be made.

2drSE-i
01-13-2010, 06:49 PM
So, I've been off the grid for a few and come back to see locations are changing??? Has anything been decided on location? Just wondering because hotel reservations need to be made.

I think we are all but decided on Raleigh now.VA Beach was just a little toofar for a few members.

mushroom_toy
01-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Lets get this party started. Hopefully I will be able to come. If I get the firefighting job im gonna try my damndest to get the schedule worked out,. :)

Vinny
01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
I've got a tentative trip tp Massacusetts for next month and I'll be in Mass 23rd of May somewhere between the 16th and 20th until the 23rd for family business. I'm pretty much out for the meet thing this time . Don't quite think I wanna do 1953 miles of driving one way and the other trip as well. I'm sure you kids can handle it without me :D

2drSE-i
01-14-2010, 06:15 PM
YIKES Vinny. We aren't set on the dates,but seeing as how youll be doing all that driving i doubt youll want to come anyway lol. Your driving for the last meet was INSANE anyway.

guaynabo89
01-14-2010, 07:08 PM
damn it I'm not getting email updates for replies!

ANyway......Steve Raleigh is about the same distance for me 10-11 hrs. so i think thats good as central.

Vinny......Fly to Orlando and you can drive with me. ;)

As far as dates i thoought the weekend before Memorial day weekend would be good no? Fo rhte college classes to be done like in the 2nd week of May?

Oh and I'm sure we'll be able to find things to do in Raleigh. :D

stat1K
01-14-2010, 07:27 PM
memorial day weekend will be horrid traffic and lots of people everywhere. sure it would be good for college but it will be bad for actual fun and driving.

guaynabo89
01-14-2010, 07:29 PM
No I meant the weekend before that. So like the 20th-23rd???

2drSE-i
01-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Yea thats what I've been saying. its the Third weekend, school should be out for everyone (including your kids dennis) and its not memorial day weekend :D

guaynabo89
01-15-2010, 06:20 AM
ok welll

1. Location-Set
2. Date-Set
3. Activities with specific locations-????

we need to pick the park for BBQ and karting or other activities we'll be doing

I'll try n look this weekend to see if there's anymore input I can add. :)

2drSE-i
01-15-2010, 06:37 AM
I just wanted to give everyone a chance to object to the dates, but no one has yet, so I agree, its set!

I have tonight off, so I'll get to work on locations.

mushroom_toy
01-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Go to the raleigh tourism site. i posted a karting link, and they have park links on the tourist website.

2drSE-i
01-15-2010, 08:37 AM
http://www.rushhourkarting.com

We can make reservations, but they require a 50% deposit.

For 12 people or less, We pay $45 per person for a practice run, a qualifier, and a race.

For more than 12 people, we pay $55 per person for a practice run, a qualifier, a race, and a championship round. Either way, you are guaranteed 3 runs on the track, for 5 mins, 6 mins, and 10 mins.

Not the cheapest place by far, though, but the only one i can find in Raleigh.

guaynabo89
01-15-2010, 08:40 AM
going to have to find some raleigh car forums. Lol

a little pricey yes, but we'll put everything we find up and then vote or whatever on the rest. :)

2drSE-i
01-15-2010, 08:41 AM
I take it back, we can get 4 hours of unlimited go karting, mini golf and laser tag for 35 a person at Adventure Landing. They aren't exactly professional go karts or anything, but the mini golf and laser tag could be fun too. Plus, 4 hours is a LONG time.

http://www.adventurelanding.com

I'm kind of thinking its a little kid theme park, but it could be fun anyway :D

guaynabo89
01-15-2010, 08:43 AM
not bad.

not to mention I might be able to participate.

google the location n see what it looks like

stat1K
01-15-2010, 09:42 AM
carolinahondas.com

if you want to find a raleigh forum.

2oodoor
01-15-2010, 11:30 AM
im a member there, I havent been in months, it just seem like a lot of hositilty there not to mention enlightening of all the thefts, cops and robbers drama. Still not too bad to visit I guess.

if carting was up it would be good to have only us on the track because one time I was carting and this kid slammed me from behind on the red flag. It hurt like hell and it was only a couple months after that I had major back problems.

2drSE-i
01-15-2010, 01:00 PM
not bad.

not to mention I might be able to participate.

google the location n see what it looks like

At a minimum you could play mini golf, that was kinda my thinking lol.

Its in NE Raleigh, right off of two major highways. Pretty easy to find really.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS344US344&sourceid=chrome&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=adventure+landing+raleigh&fb=1&gl=us&hq=adventure+landing&hnear=raleigh&cid=0,0,9371946449213335595&ei=59ZQS--_NMTmlAfTyqm5Cg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQnwIwAA