PDA

View Full Version : well i maybe saying good bye to...

89lxisedan
09-10-2009, 06:17 PM
:koolaid: my 3gee. it has taken a turn for the worse. its pissing powersteering fluid, pissing coolant, letting out brake fluid, has a bad idle due to a vac leak, it has a bad drivers axle, and a bung trans, now if it were one of these alone i could probably deal with it where as i just started working and havent gotten paid, nor can anyone lend me the money well it looks like i may have to junbk it or part it depending on if i can hold it here long enough

Hondamonster
09-10-2009, 07:20 PM
just replace everything! junkyards are crawling with these cars...

Dr_Snooz
09-10-2009, 07:30 PM
That's a long list sir. It's hard to want to hang on to a car when everything is going wrong. If funds are tight, though, the question becomes, are these insurmountable problems or are they the kind that are overcome with a few hours and a few dollars. The vac leak costs little more than time to fix. The coolant leak could be a head gasket or just an $8 bypass hose. Ditto for just about everything on the list. If you analyze the issues carefully, it might be cheaper to keep the car than to ditch it and try to buy something else. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Demon1024
09-11-2009, 02:21 AM
just replace everything! junkyards are crawling with these cars...

Maybe were your at

I scoop up every one i can find.

Disable Power steering

Cv will last quite some time clicking if your not constantly driving in dirt or mud

Vacuum leak = fix it lol

Tranny is only serious problem imo

If your close you can take one of my auto's lol

Civic Accord Honda
09-11-2009, 02:37 AM
That's a long list sir. It's hard to want to hang on to a car when everything is going wrong. If funds are tight, though, the question becomes, are these insurmountable problems or are they the kind that are overcome with a few hours and a few dollars. The vac leak costs little more than time to fix. The coolant leak could be a head gasket or just an $8 bypass hose. Ditto for just about everything on the list. If you analyze the issues carefully, it might be cheaper to keep the car than to ditch it and try to buy something else. Good luck on whatever you decide.

yep yep yep

2oodoor
09-11-2009, 03:52 AM
yep just take the belt of the power sterering and drive it like that a while

89lxisedan
09-11-2009, 05:43 PM
ya, and well id fix it from a junkyard but sadly all the ones here all the 3geez are either stripped to nothing, or crushed

lostforawhile
09-11-2009, 06:13 PM
well check with people on here someone already offered a tranny, sounds like he was giving it to you, good deal for shipping, this site is a huge source of used parts. make a list of what you need and fix it one problem at a time.

89lxisedan
09-11-2009, 06:14 PM
true. the next step is getting money and finding a shop that will put the parts in for me

Dr_Snooz
09-11-2009, 06:27 PM
true. the next step is getting money and finding a shop that will put the parts in for me

Oh dude, it's cheaper to buy tools. If you're going to drive old cars, you gotsta learn to fix it your own self. You have the perfect learner car too. If you wreck it, well so what? If you fix it, hooray!

lostforawhile
09-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh dude, it's cheaper to buy tools. If you're going to drive old cars, you gotsta learn to fix it your own self. You have the perfect learner car too. If you wreck it, well so what? If you fix it, hooray!He also has everything he could ever possibly know on the car with a combined knowledge of 10000 years if you put all the noodles on here in one bowl of soup?

89lxisedan
09-12-2009, 07:38 PM
He also has everything he could ever possibly know on the car with a combined knowledge of 10000 years if you put all the noodles on here in one bowl of soup?

lol true