PDA

View Full Version : Turn signals stop working when it gets hot outside.

thooper41
09-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Just as the title says, my turn signals and hazard lights wont work when the weather gets hot or the car sits in the sun. Once the car sits overnight or in the shade for awhile then they start working again. Anyone have a clue what it could be? Car is an 88 lxi

jasonrebellion
09-12-2009, 07:48 PM
sounds like a connection is loose somewhere....probably in the combination switch....buy one off ebay or get one from the junkyard...its not hard to replace. just take the covers off around the steering wheel, remove the horn cover, take the steering wheel off with a ratchet, unplug and remove it. I replaced mine a while back cause my headlight switch didn't work.

2oodoor
09-13-2009, 12:52 PM
yep, anything over 88 -93 degrees or so and some plastics on these cars starts to change. TS switch and around sterring wheel swells up. Indication something isnt put together quite right though, or broken. My str wheel squeels under the horn area when it gets that warm and the switch also seems not to go in just right.

Oldblueaccord
09-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Change the relays out thats a little easier. They may be getting wet from time to time. Also are you running stock lights or aftermarket LED by chance?

wp

LX-incredible
09-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Great thread by russiankid on rebuilding the combo switch:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60916&highlight=Switch+rebuild