PDA

View Full Version : Big rant and new plans.

mushroom_toy
09-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Ok well as some of you know I was swapping trans today. Well long story short Im still not done, the lx removal took like 2 1/2 hours for everything and lxi auto removal took over 6. It was such a pain in the ass. Now I figure I only want to put one tranny in, so im just gonna put the 5 spd in my lxi andf forget about haveing a lx track car. Too much hassle, im just gonna pull the engine and rebuild the block for my car and either sell the shell to someone on here or trash it.

MAN I FUCKING HATE HATE HATE HATE MY CARS TODAY>!!!!:burn::burn::burn::banghead::banghead::rocket:

Dr_Snooz
09-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Deep breaths man. We all go through it. If you get uptight, it's because you care, which means your workmanship is good. I take forever to do stuff, but I do it right, so I'm okay with it. Don't ditch the other car just yet. Give yourself some time to cool off and decide when you're thinking clearly again.

Good luck with the rebuild(s)!

Civic Accord Honda
09-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Deep breaths man. We all go through it. If you get uptight, it's because you care, which means your workmanship is good. I take forever to do stuff, but I do it right, so I'm okay with it. Don't ditch the other car just yet. Give yourself some time to cool off and decide when you're thinking clearly again.

Good luck with the rebuild(s)!

x2! dont go all crazy yet cool down then you when you have the time and what knot put the auto in to the LX ... besides your going to want a car to drive while the LXI is down for an engine rebuild anyway right?

Bass Man
09-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I had the same conversation with my car when I was changing the rear brakes! That pissed me off BAD!

mushroom_toy
09-13-2009, 05:38 AM
Well while im rebuilding the lxi ill be driving the truck and the bike. The lx was strictly gonna be track car, but now i think its prob gonna end up scrap lol.

MessyHonda
09-13-2009, 07:08 AM
everyone has bad days...tell me about it

mushroom_toy
09-13-2009, 09:26 AM
I bet everyone elses number of bad days pales in comparison. :(

JFern
09-13-2009, 09:54 AM
its part of modifying cars man, you know it comes with the territory and you just have to step back, take a breath and keep going.... i remember when i was putting a new engine into my 72 dart (i had to custom make everything for it including mounts and a serpentine system) i got so frustrated i ended up throwing a wrench at my windshield and cracking it bad (which pissed me off more). with patience comes great things, and nice cars :D

2oodoor
09-13-2009, 12:32 PM
yes some of the brackes and things that hold things seem like they were last minute engineering at the Honda plants...

Take out the batttery and make yourself room to work if can.

Good luck, remember you can have parts left over, I always do when taking oem stuff out of these.

Civic Accord Honda
09-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Good luck, remember you can have parts left over, I always do when taking oem stuff out of these.

haha i allways here "what the hell is that pile of bolts and brackets etc if the car is done?" im like oh thats just hondas spare parts

Dr_Snooz
09-13-2009, 06:58 PM
its part of modifying cars man, you know it comes with the territory and you just have to step back, take a breath and keep going.... i remember when i was putting a new engine into my 72 dart (i had to custom make everything for it including mounts and a serpentine system) i got so frustrated i ended up throwing a wrench at my windshield and cracking it bad (which pissed me off more). with patience comes great things, and nice cars :D

I kicked in the rear quarter panel in my '76.