PDA

View Full Version : Question about door handles

Bglad420
09-13-2009, 11:24 AM
I've decided to keep the ol' 3g, and I'm in the process of finding a new exterior door panel. What I need to know if the 4dr front handle is the same as the 2dr. I've heard all thats different is the rod for the handle but you just swap it out? Thanks

jasonrebellion
09-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm pretty sure the handles are the same. I bought one for my driver's side off ebay and they never mentioned what it came off of (sedan, coupe, etc)...I'm almost wanting to say a first gen integra handle will fit....but I could be wrong

King Peetis
09-13-2009, 03:11 PM
If im not mistaken the handles in and out are the same. Just change out the rods.

lostforawhile
09-13-2009, 03:20 PM
put rear door handles on your hatch from a sedan and you can get rid of the key holes and open by remote. just make sure to have a backup system. the sedan ones are also metal vs plastic for the hatch

jasonrebellion
09-13-2009, 03:42 PM
put rear door handles on your hatch from a sedan and you can get rid of the key holes and open by remote. just make sure to have a backup system. the sedan ones are also metal vs plastic for the hatch

I'd rather have plastic ones personally....Leave your car in an unshaded parking lot for your 12 hour shift at work in august and burn your hand trying to open your door....ouch...

lostforawhile
09-13-2009, 05:42 PM
I'd rather have plastic ones personally....Leave your car in an unshaded parking lot for your 12 hour shift at work in august and burn your hand trying to open your door....ouch...use the plastic ones and someone can break into your car with a pocket knife