PDA

View Full Version : Header Plugs...

TsubohachiLX-i
09-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Hello 3GEEZ!!!

Can somebody tell me the size of the AS suction port that is on the Pacesetter Headers, its the larger port that's below the EGR Pipe port.

I plan on getting a plug that I can screw in there, and I'm pretty sure there's a plug that size out there somewhere, before I consider having it cut off or something.

I know the O2 sensor port is 18mm, so I can easily get rid of the extra one, but what's the size of the AS...?

lostforawhile
09-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Hello 3GEEZ!!!

Can somebody tell me the size of the AS suction port that is on the Pacesetter Headers, its the larger port that's below the EGR Pipe port.

I plan on getting a plug that I can screw in there, and I'm pretty sure there's a plug that size out there somewhere, before I consider having it cut off or something.

I know the O2 sensor port is 18mm, so I can easily get rid of the extra one, but what's the size of the AS...?
go pull one of those pipes at the junkyard that screw in there, cut off the end of the tube, and weld a piece of steel in the tube, not only are they metric, they are a flare fitting.

Bass Man
09-13-2009, 06:19 PM
That's what I did with mine, just cut the tube that went to the manifold and bent it over, then welded the slit shut.

87AccordLXsdn
09-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Yup that's what I did. Head to the jy, pull it, and weld it. Much easier than trying to find that one that just fits at the hardware store.

TsubohachiLX-i
09-13-2009, 07:47 PM
cool.....

I'll just go down to my nearest junkyard and give that a try....

thanx...

Joay
09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
FWIW I got a drain plug bolt and hammered it into the EGR threaded-bolt-thing. Doesn't looks as good, but works fine.

Strugglebucket
09-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I forget what the actual size of the AS is, but the drain plug bolt from a 3g manual transmission fits perfectly (thank MessyHonda for that one).

ghettogeddy
09-13-2009, 09:13 PM
I forget what the actual size of the AS is, but the drain plug bolt from a 3g manual transmission fits perfectly (thank MessyHonda for that one).

x2