PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wiper Relay

metalpeddler88
09-16-2009, 04:25 PM
This may be somewhere else, and already answered... but I can't find it. If so, sorry for adding a new post...
Anyway, I have noticed that whenever my windshield wiper is on intermediate, I can hear the relay: the loud click sound. It doesn't do this for the low or high windshield wiper speeds, only on intermediate. Has anybody else noticed this with their Accord, or do I have a problem? Thanks.

carotman
09-16-2009, 04:29 PM
it's all normal.

It's the intermittent (not intermediate hehe) relay that clicks.

conozo
09-16-2009, 04:56 PM
When any relay turns on it clicks. So on intermittent it will click every time the wipers start moving. It shouldn't be all that loud though, especially if your driving in the rain.

Dr_Snooz
09-16-2009, 07:20 PM
It might be time to rebuild the combo switch. Mine doesn't make great contact and the relay makes a lot of noise as a result.

metalpeddler88
09-17-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the help. It's just none of my other cars' wipers sounded that loud. Oh well, I can deal with the noise... at least for now; I was just curious. And yeah, sorry about the intermittent-intermediate, I had a few drinks too many last night...:beer:

89HatchbackLxi
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
I just noticed my Hatch was doing this (only when I had the wipers set on INT) yesterday. I thought the relay must've been going bad, so it's good to know that this is actually normal for 3Geez. It doesn't rain here too often, so I hadn't noticed this before today. Guess the relay is just loud!