PDA

View Full Version : Im back again with another problem!!!

badbobb
09-17-2009, 02:43 PM
man, when will i get a break? if yous can remember, replaced my head gasket. then i had starter issues. now that both of them are fixed i have another prob. my batt died so i bought another one. and it started. i shut it off and started it again. the next day i tried to start it and nothing. i waited a while and tried again and it started for a little bit. it acted like it would die if i did keep on the gas. it died after i let off. then i tried again and it wouldnt start. after trying over and over. it start barely, this time if i hit the gas it would die. it wouldnt start again. i tried again and this time it wont start at all. it acts like it wants to start if i keep hitting the gas. the engine just shakes and sounds like it wants to go but just spits and stutters. what could be the prob. someone told me main relay. another said a sensor. whic is it? or is it any of those at all.

2ndGenGuy
09-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Have you checked the main fuses? They're little tiny strips of metal held on by two screws. They tend to look ok, but will deteriorate over time and cause all sorts of fucked up electrical issues. I'm pretty sure they're Honda Exclusive. Usually 45-50-55 amps. Should be in the fuse box under your hood. Or coming straight off the + lead on your battery.

Also, have you checked the voltage output with the car running? Should be around 14 volts. Charge up your battery, then start the car (it's likely running like shit because there's not enough voltage to make a good spark). If your voltage is 12, it's not charging, and that's your issue.