PDA

View Full Version : Quick and easy alarm system

Thorny88Lx
10-03-2002, 12:35 PM
OK i was really bored today so I was installing my alarm, I got really pissed off when the censors in the door wern't working, so I got to thinking, when you open the door, the dome light comes on, when you open the trunk the trunk light comes on. HA! I am a genious! Who would think to switch off the dome light to turn off the alarm?

All you need to do this is:
A little bit of wire
A Pair of wire strippers
Some electrical tape
Electronic Siren (go to radio shack)

AND NOW THE LEAGAL STUFF!!!

** WARNING **
This is not suggested though, this is a really bad idea that you should only do If you dont care if anything is stolen.

Thorny88Lx
10-07-2002, 01:42 PM
So no one even cares... Im gonna shoot myself

shepherd79
10-07-2002, 07:17 PM
no tell us man.
i am interesting. i have been looking into buying alarm next summer, gotta protect my stereo, i don't care about car.

3G Jester
10-18-2002, 09:28 PM
dude thats fuggin awsome lol.........i know exactly wehat ur talking about though--with the cheapy instal of a siren......just put the siren in the circut as the dome light.......
anyways...word..nice thinking....i wonder how many alarm systems out there u could shut off by turniong off the dome light. im sure really pro instals would bypass that and the dome light wouldnt work---someones probably already thought of it. BUt as for home security instals...lol...im sure a lot of people could have their systems bypassed instantly by the click of that lil dome light switch.

inflikti0n
10-19-2002, 12:52 AM
ahhellyeah:super: :pimp:

smufguy
10-20-2002, 01:23 PM
but only downfall, everytime u drive at night, and wanna use the dome light, u would tick off the siren, but i am sure u would have another switch in series with the siren to turn it off and only u would know it. :D:)