PDA

View Full Version : I hate my honda!!!

hondarules!
09-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Well guys, I dont need help cos I own my own garage and I can fix it my self but I wanted to tell you guys. I was in my way back from wal*mart and the cluch went out. I JUST managed to get her back. Forget double clutching, I have to quadrouple clutch to engage any gear! I think you can imagine. CRUNCH!!! Yeah. Well It looks like I'll be driving my moms 2004 Chrysler Voyager AUTO!! to work till I get it fixed. Well, bye guys :(

Bass Man
09-19-2009, 08:51 AM
What happened?

It doesn't really sound like a clutch issue to me, more like syncros, right? Acually, if your clutch cable gets out of the perfect area, it becomes a bitch to shift.

MessyHonda
09-19-2009, 08:55 AM
yeah if the clutch went out it would not even send power to the wheels...trust me....i had a clutch go out...and it does not go out right away...it starts to slip from time to time then it will just rev in any gear....i didnt have problems shifting even with a bad clutch

hondarules!
09-19-2009, 09:04 AM
look guys. The clutch has gone but it is still sending power to the wheels. Only about 30% of it tho. I own my own garage and have seen this once before. It was slipping bad before, theres a lot more things wrong with it than the clutch. The wheel bearings r shot and have been for ages. ball joints worn, brake pads worn to nothing grinding like hell and yes i no it will and has distroyed the disks driving with out pads and i dont care. its a beater. it can grind all it wants. ill keep using it till the brakes go out completely. also the back tyres are bald and the front ones are gettin there. It really is like a chocolate tea pot that car. Oh and the oil is 2 years old i just keep toppin it up. dont call me stupid or anythin cos im ruining my car. im gonna keep drivin her till she goes then get another car. I DONT HAVE THE TIME TO MAINTAIN A CAR, i fix lots at my garage and dont have time for my own. the car cycle for me goes like this - get a car, drive it, car dies, get another car, drives, car dies, gets another car. yeah like that!

MessyHonda
09-19-2009, 09:07 AM
hope you find another beater

hondarules!
09-19-2009, 09:10 AM
thanks

2oodoor
09-19-2009, 10:27 AM
ST hear.. lol, get off the net and go fix it. lol:wave:

Bass Man
09-19-2009, 11:17 AM
For the love of 3geezus, do not destroy that beautiful car. RHD in the USA is money right there, plus it's fuel injected and looks straight as an arrow! It would take me, just a regular weekend mechanic, 3 whole days to get every issue you mentioned fixed. It took me 1 1/2 days to pull my old motor, clean my new motor and tranny, and get it back running. 3 whole days at $45 an hour is way cheaper than a new beater every other month. And it doesn't make a respectable mechanic look good when they drive by and the squeeling is louder than the motor.

nswst8
09-19-2009, 01:49 PM
easy day! get her fixed.

ecogabriel
09-19-2009, 02:48 PM
I heard a joke once about a gynecologist that did not want to intimate with his wife.
When she complained to her husband about his lack of "interest", he ruefully replied that "having been among vaginas all day, the last thing he needed to end the day was another vagina"

Now seriously, you said you are driving without brake pads, shot ball joints, and bald tires. Really? It seems like you like playing "russian roulette"; take a revolver, leave one bullet in the loader, spin it, aim to the head, and pull the trigger. Fire up the car in the morning, and hope to be back home in one piece at the end of the day.

b20a86lude
09-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Its just ironic ur title and ur name

1ajs
09-19-2009, 03:55 PM
hi i see u have hit the quintisential point of failing parts eh? well befor u decide what ur going to do hows the rust any at all? if u got a good shell i say fix err if u got a bad shell do he min to keep it going till u can get somthing better but from looking at ur sig i would say u got a prity clean car that just needs some TLC

labeledsk8r
09-19-2009, 04:30 PM
lol noobs are funny, i think a mod needs to check some ip addys

Dr_Snooz
09-20-2009, 08:48 AM
look guys. The clutch has gone but it is still sending power to the wheels. Only about 30% of it tho. I own my own garage and have seen this once before. It was slipping bad before, theres a lot more things wrong with it than the clutch. The wheel bearings r shot and have been for ages. ball joints worn, brake pads worn to nothing grinding like hell and yes i no it will and has distroyed the disks driving with out pads and i dont care. its a beater. it can grind all it wants. ill keep using it till the brakes go out completely. also the back tyres are bald and the front ones are gettin there. It really is like a chocolate tea pot that car. Oh and the oil is 2 years old i just keep toppin it up. dont call me stupid or anythin cos im ruining my car. im gonna keep drivin her till she goes then get another car. I DONT HAVE THE TIME TO MAINTAIN A CAR, i fix lots at my garage and dont have time for my own. the car cycle for me goes like this - get a car, drive it, car dies, get another car, drives, car dies, gets another car. yeah like that!

You're going to feel like an ass when the car goes 300k miles like this and doesn't break. Then you'll think, what if I had maintained it like I should?

I'll save you a lot of time, just sell the car to someone more deserving and go find a proper American POS that will give you back what you deserve. It's guys like you who are the reason I don't take my car to shops. If you have this attitude with your own car, what's your attitude when you're working on someone else's?

w261w261
09-20-2009, 10:02 AM
The Cobbler's children go without shoes. Bald tires? What do you do when it rains? This is probably the wrong site to be bragging on how you're running your 3G into the ground. What do you do, park the car around the corner so your customers can't see it?

ecogabriel
09-20-2009, 03:40 PM
You're going to feel like an ass when the car goes 300k miles like this and doesn't break. Then you'll think, what if I had maintained it like I should?

I'll save you a lot of time, just sell the car to someone more deserving and go find a proper American POS that will give you back what you deserve. It's guys like you who are the reason I don't take my car to shops. If you have this attitude with your own car, what's your attitude when you're working on someone else's?

:nervous:

I compared that behavior with playing russian roulette for a reason.
Ages ago I was driving and the car before me got suddenly stuck on the street. I barely avoided hitting it. I got off mine and went to see what had happened to that car and its lower ball joint broke loose. The driver said that he had not heard anything before... yeah right... Keeping brakes, suspension, and tires in good shape may be the difference between a scare and an accident.

POS American cars? What about the old Taurus? They outsold the Accord with that model in the early 1990s. I wonder where are all of them now? Accords of the time (3G, 4G and 5G) are still everywhere... Fords went the junkyard way long ago...

Civic Accord Honda
09-20-2009, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=ecogabriel;976153]:nervous:

I compared that behavior with playing russian roulette for a reason.
Ages ago I was driving and the car before me got suddenly stuck on the street. I barely avoided hitting it. I got off mine and went to see what had happened to that car and its lower ball joint broke loose. The driver said that he had not heard anything before... yeah right... This is why I am obsessed with three things in cars: brakes, suspension, and tires. Get them in proper shape and that may be the difference between a scare and an accident.

QUOTE]

reminds me i need to change my upper ball joints :nervous: $140 a piece FTL

ecogabriel
09-20-2009, 04:04 PM
This is probably the wrong site to be bragging on how you're running your 3G into the ground.

:beat: especially a 3G that is in itself unique (RHD)!!! :nuts:

ecogabriel
09-20-2009, 04:06 PM

If I remember right from another posting, this particular car has probably given about 250K of service to its owner... maybe more

Bass Man
09-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Banned.

lostforawhile
09-20-2009, 09:41 PM
If I remember right from another posting, this particular car has probably given about 250K of service to its owner... maybe more
I don't even think he owned one at all.

Bass Man
09-20-2009, 09:48 PM
For future search reference, this "bad clutch" was fixed with an adjustment... Maybe? I don't even know if he owned the car he was asking about.

labeledsk8r
09-20-2009, 10:09 PM
he didnt i think he was the same kid that was banned about 2 weeks ago that owned a civic and came on here to pass the time.. someone needs to perma ban his IP