PDA

View Full Version : Krown Anti-rust commercial

carotman
09-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I was sitting at a sports bar on Friday for lunch with the guys at work when this commercial immediatly caught my attention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gVD-VK3UA4

That 3rd gen is mint mint mint.

You bet it's not for sale!!!

Joay
09-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Wish my car's original owners knew about this stuff...

conozo
09-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I helped my dad wash the 3gee all my life, i always remembered how he washed inside the wheel wells and under the car and i thought that was a little strange. But even with all that effort theres still a little body rust. I wish he would have used this stuff too.

2ndGenGuy
09-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Haha! That commercial was awesome! Cracks me up!!

Civic Accord Honda
09-19-2009, 05:05 PM
i came.

SZfiftyfour
09-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Awesome. I ♥fav'd it

mykwikcoupe
09-19-2009, 05:44 PM
sweet, he looks like the "to the moon and back" chronicles guy.

MessyHonda
09-20-2009, 02:10 PM
yeah nice stuff

w261w261
09-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I've owned 2 3G's, an '87 LX-i hatch and my present car. The hatch, which came to market when the 3G's were in high demand, also nailed the original owner with a $1500 whack for "rustproofing" and "upholstery protection" and maybe something else. Just an additional markup. Anyway, there used to be these companies like Rusty Jones, who drilled access holes in the bodywork to access the inside of the doors, etc. Turns out these holes ended up rusting themselves over the years, and on balance the whole idea of this aftermarket rustproofing turns out to have been not such a great deal.

Most of our cars that are in the rustbelt or the northeast have rust in the rear wheel arches. Mine also had a hole in the rear of the left rear wheel well, which I discovered when I pulled out the trunk panels to clear the sunroof drains. I think the wheel arch rust is caused by this kind of whitish body putty that Honda applied inside the sheet metal. It absorbs moisture and lets it fester, and there's really no way to stop the rust as long as that stuff is around. Hopefully, this year I'm going to have both arches cut out and replaced, and the new ones can then be regularly washed out and the rust problem will be history.

88LXi68
09-22-2009, 05:56 AM
I've owned 2 3G's, an '87 LX-i hatch and my present car. The hatch, which came to market when the 3G's were in high demand, also nailed the original owner with a $1500 whack for "rustproofing" and "upholstery protection" and maybe something else. Just an additional markup. Anyway, there used to be these companies like Rusty Jones, who drilled access holes in the bodywork to access the inside of the doors, etc. Turns out these holes ended up rusting themselves over the years, and on balance the whole idea of this aftermarket rustproofing turns out to have been not such a great deal.

Most of our cars that are in the rustbelt or the northeast have rust in the rear wheel arches. Mine also had a hole in the rear of the left rear wheel well, which I discovered when I pulled out the trunk panels to clear the sunroof drains. I think the wheel arch rust is caused by this kind of whitish body putty that Honda applied inside the sheet metal. It absorbs moisture and lets it fester, and there's really no way to stop the rust as long as that stuff is around. Hopefully, this year I'm going to have both arches cut out and replaced, and the new ones can then be regularly washed out and the rust problem will be history.

I know where some rear arches can be purchased... I bought some back in May to keep handy. they were about $40ea

LewZur
09-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I was sitting at a sports bar on Friday for lunch with the guys at work when this commercial immediatly caught my attention

That 3rd gen is mint mint mint.

You bet it's not for sale!!!

Damn, that 3rd gen is mint

carotman
09-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Rustproofing really does work. However, most shops will not apply it toroughly and will obviously not know where are the weak areas of certain cars.

When I complete my hatch, I'll treat it myself so it stays rust free for many years still.

Up here in Quebec, most people have their car rustproofed every year. I found out that Rustcheck makes decent product for the DIYer

P.S. Anyone noticed the Bosch H4 Conversion :D

DBMaster
09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Since my car has been a Texas car all it's life I have not seen any body rust. I lived in Corpus Christi from 92-94 and was pretty diligent about washing the underbody, door hinge area, and engine compartment. I can literally find no significant rust on the car.

1ajs
09-24-2009, 09:57 AM
aww sweet love how they introduce the add making the car look so sexy :) goes to show theres some love out there for these cars still :)

DBMaster
09-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Is it wrong to love an inanimate object?

2drSE-i
09-24-2009, 03:36 PM
aww sweet love how they introduce the add making the car look so sexy :) goes to show theres some love out there for these cars still :)

I just think we have a 3geezer in their marketing department ;-)

Hazwan
09-25-2009, 11:49 AM
I thought that was a Honda commercial at first, from the 80s! And that thing is MINT!

2ndGenGuy
09-25-2009, 12:07 PM
P.S. Anyone noticed the Bosch H4 Conversion :D

Ha yeah I totally saw that. I played it back about 8 times trying to figure out if those were sealed beams or not. Something didn't quite look right!

carotman
09-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Is it wrong to love an inanimate object?
Only if you plan to MAKE love to it :inout: