PDA

View Full Version : My '89 Accord - Spyder Body Kit

Zehv42
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
If you guys have any suggestions to make my car look better, let me know :tongue:

Also if you like it, please give 5-stars at CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2423275

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2671/3944735723_2c1f04d5bd.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2612/3945518512_921dc1aea1.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2457/3945518340_e65294679c.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2524/3944735317_d948874dc1.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2434/3944734361_07e654f7d3.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3531/3944736641_15daf06db2.jpg

88LXi68
09-22-2009, 03:58 PM
step1...remove body kit and get stock bumpers/xenon kit

step2...lower it

itzdave
09-22-2009, 05:50 PM
^^^what he said X2^^^

labeledsk8r
09-22-2009, 05:51 PM
^X3 the ebay kit kills it but if you like it role it

**EDIT** after looking at it it kinda reminds me of tonlecs old car its the same color and i think he even had the same rims.. just had the difrent kit on it

Civic Accord Honda
09-22-2009, 06:00 PM
hey man car looks good! , Body kits arent my style but your car pulls it off very nicely! now all she needs a to be lowerd ^_^

mykwikcoupe
09-22-2009, 07:17 PM
its nice to finally see the kit installed. To be honest I really thought they were packaging the inegra front bumper which didnt follow the same lines. Although I dont like the design the fitment appears very nice. The rear bumnper looks nice and square and seems to look good. i would be hard pressed not to try and fill the drivers exhaust cutout with another exhaust. I think militarymase is the only person with a dual exit exhaust on the accord. The side skirts llok good but i wonder why the didnt drop down the reveal on the rears like the front doors? Is it an optical illusion or does the rear section go past the fender? The front bumper kills the line, The openings are 2 round but it does seem to fit quite nicely. I like the overall appearance of the car. How was fitment. Hard to line up, did you have to trim? Nice biuld.

headbanger
09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
looks good man.

2ndGenGuy
09-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of body kits in general. But you did a really nice job with the installation and and the work looks good. That's what really counts in a car is the effort you've put in, and it looks like you've done great work. If you like the body kit, then you've done a great job doing it! Deserves mad props! Definitely should lower it a bit! Get that kit nice and tight to the ground! :)

Civic Accord Honda
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm likin it more and more each time i look at it... tho i do recommend a 8687 grille to flow with the dip in the bumper ^_^

charliekuney
09-22-2009, 08:38 PM
I'd like to see it, but I'm not going to tilt my head a different direction for every picture. Can we have some normal ones, please?

markmdz89hatch
09-23-2009, 05:28 AM
execution looks good (ie. paint, fitment, etc) but IMO the kit doesn't flow very well with the lines. ...and as is nearly always a problem with aftermarket fiberglass kits with when they have large areas like the rear bumper, the company that makes them seems to be unable to avoid waves in the surface.

If you do like the kit, then keep it. It's all about your personal preference. If it were mine, and I had to keep the kit, I'd glass over the d/s exhaust cutout or fill it with another muffler. I'd also fill all the massive openings out front with a chain-link mesh and put a splitter under the front bumper to stop the "I can see the road through your bumper" problem that plagues all front bumpers like that. ...or I'd just fill it with a massive intercooler and boost the bitch.

As a nice touch, I'd also hit up the junkyard and grab all the side moldings from the 86-87 sedan because they don't have that step in them like the 88-89.

Overall, I do like the color and the paintwork looks good. The fitment of the kit also looks good. ...but as said, the kit is just not my style as it looks too 'chunky' on the car. ...but to-each-his-own right.

The smoked tails are a nice touch, as are the painted moldings.

Oh last thing... ...the drop looks like a good height for the kit, but leaves massive fender gap on those wheels. I can't believe I'm saying this, but if you were to go with a slightly taller tire, or an 18 with the profile as your 17's, you'll fill the gap in a bit better. It will throw off your speedometer a little, and you may run into clearance issues on the inside of the tire to top area of your knuckle, but I think it can be done.

2oodoor
09-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Looks ok, I would have to strip and reprime ,hand block both bumper covers. They look a bit divotey. I also would pick a different color, some kind of euro super car color like "ticket -me" red or "citation" white, in other words a light brite reflecting color not medium-dark metalic colors.

Zehv42
09-23-2009, 08:32 AM
The paint on the car is original. The parts that have fresh paint are the side moldings and the body kit. The car may need new paint soon, but I'm trying to keep the original paint for as long as I can. I was told that the paint/clear coat is still in great condition, and a buffing wheel can make the paint shine like new.

The kit didn't require much modification, although some touching up here and there is still needed. I do prefer the body kit over the stock bumpers, but that's just a preference of mine.

2oodoor
09-23-2009, 10:07 AM
some painted graphics to merge the lines would work in that case,:cool:

Rendon LX-i
09-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Nice....im not a bodykit guy but i looks good. If you where to lower it MAYBE it would look better but then you can kiss your 500 plus body kit by by...but looking good

Zehv42
09-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I bought the lowering springs and the kit at the same time. After I put the kit on, I realized that if I don't want to scrape through every drive way, it's better I leave the lowering springs out. :-(

The drive ways here suck. Even cars that are bone-stock scrape the pavement. There isn't a drive way here without gouges in the pavement, lol

blazin3gen
09-23-2009, 01:01 PM
I bought the lowering springs and the kit at the same time. After I put the kit on, I realized that if I don't want to scrape through every drive way, it's better I leave the lowering springs out. :-(

The drive ways here suck. Even cars that are bone-stock scrape the pavement. There isn't a drive way here without gouges in the pavement, lol

go in and out of your drive way at an angle it works!

yea car looks good kit looks decent. needs a drop!!

conozo
09-23-2009, 02:42 PM
So how much lower were those springs.

As said before execution is good, body kit is your preference. Things i would do now is performance. To me a well performing car looks good. Body kit on stock suspension with it bouncing all around looks bad to me. Other things like brake upgrades, well made exhaust. Those are a few things i look for in nice looking cars. I think you have done all you need to on the body.

Zehv42
09-23-2009, 02:53 PM
I have a Flowmaster exhaust system with resonator. :-) Sounds good. Sets off alarms in my neighborhood when I'm driving by in 1st or 2nd gear. :-P

MessyHonda
09-23-2009, 06:57 PM
drop it like its low