PDA

View Full Version : did accords ever get a trunk rack as an option?

mykwikcoupe
09-24-2009, 01:32 PM
I was at the junkyard today and found a 89 lxi with as many options as you could cram into it. It had the armrest, cupholders, hood bra, sunroof, everything I could think of. Well on the trunk it has a rack with a biult in brake light. It didnt say honda on it and tail lamp section wasnt made by stanley so Im guessing it wasnt factory. Can anyone say for sure. It really looked cool. I have a pic of it on my phone Ill post when I get around to it.

On a side note, there was some seriously mangled cars at the yard today. Every 3gee was there by way of accident. ! of them had long blonde hair still in the windshield glass. Kinda screwed to me. Another hit a tree smack in the middle and buckled the roof just behind the b pillar. I didnt think that was possible on these cars.

A car fire claimed the front section of a very well kept white sedan. A red dx hatch had been smoked in for years and never even used the ashtray. It was spotless. the car however looked like it was parked by mt st helens after an eruption their was so much ash in it.

Cool day not many good finds. i went to see about some trim i wanted to swap inside. Im a bit disappionted in the dx black interior. Its more of a grey than a black. i wanted to swap it into my white hatch and make a panda car out of it. Not with a grey interior and black seats. No thanks

Joay
09-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah, there's a rack similar to the 88-91 Prelude racks that looks sort of like a spoiler with slats running the length of the trunk. Someone popped on 3Geez with one earlier this year, can't remember whose it was but it was low-miler coupe. Think it was champagne-colored.

Cool day not many good finds. i went to see about some trim i wanted to swap inside. Im a bit disappionted in the dx black interior. Its more of a grey than a black. i wanted to swap it into my white hatch and make a panda car out of it. Not with a grey interior and black seats. No thanks
Pictures / price for the full interior (minus front seats)?

2ndGenGuy
09-24-2009, 01:49 PM
They had them on 2nd Gens as well. They're pretty fuckin' useful really. Awesome to tie a shitload of gear onto and cruise on down the road.

lostforawhile
09-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I was at the junkyard today and found a 89 lxi with as many options as you could cram into it. It had the armrest, cupholders, hood bra, sunroof, everything I could think of. Well on the trunk it has a rack with a biult in brake light. It didnt say honda on it and tail lamp section wasnt made by stanley so Im guessing it wasnt factory. Can anyone say for sure. It really looked cool. I have a pic of it on my phone Ill post when I get around to it.

On a side note, there was some seriously mangled cars at the yard today. Every 3gee was there by way of accident. ! of them had long blonde hair still in the windshield glass. Kinda screwed to me. Another hit a tree smack in the middle and buckled the roof just behind the b pillar. I didnt think that was possible on these cars.

A car fire claimed the front section of a very well kept white sedan. A red dx hatch had been smoked in for years and never even used the ashtray. It was spotless. the car however looked like it was parked by mt st helens after an eruption their was so much ash in it.

I would bet the fire was a power steering line, i'm old enough to remember talk of a recall but it never materialized, there have been a lot of them burned by that power steering hose baking over the manifold and cracking.

charliekuney
09-24-2009, 06:24 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I should have met you there! I want the cup holders and trunk rack and hood bra!

Rendon LX-i
09-24-2009, 07:37 PM
most lights made on hondas are stanly so pretty much oem....but damn you lucky bro...get some shit

mykwikcoupe
09-24-2009, 08:09 PM
no I didnt want the bra it had prtobably been on since the day it bought and in decent/bad shape. Maybe some pretty good cleaning and a swe on a few supports. The trunk rack I left because i didnt think it was important. Id probably buy the entire trunk but Id never uise iot. Charlie it was on a ssm sedan. The cupholders I grabbed but I left the console and armrest. Unfortunatly Im out of room to store parts and dont really have the funds right now to buy stuff to store. I think I will go back and grab the black dx hatch interior, just in case. Anyone want the other parts. I cant say Ill get them because I wont have the cash but they are in the arlighton pull a part if anyone else wants them

Joay
09-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Hell yeah, I want the black interior! If you can find out how much all the stuff will be (less the seats) I can front the bill before you go get it. LMK!

charliekuney
09-24-2009, 08:33 PM
I want the cup holders, trunk rack, and bra, like I said. I'll make that shit look good. Where's the Arlington Pull-A-Part?

I need the hood and bumper, too!

Juggalo88Accord
09-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Im not a fan of bras on most cars or trunk racks. I wish i new you wanted cup holders before i moved i threw mine away.

mykwikcoupe
09-24-2009, 10:04 PM
arlington pull a part is about 10 minutes from my house charlie. If you decide to head up this weekend Ill text it to you. They have a website as well just in case. I think the front end was shot for some reason. I walked the honda section and they didnt have a good ssm coupe on display. You can see the difference in the 2 golds though for sure. The prices are uber cheap like the whole trunk minus lights with the rack is probably 12 bucks. Im guessing the interior is 30 minus seats and no uppers. Im going to check it out for sure. Ill probably store it for a while but youll be the 1st to get it joay if it leaves my possession. Plus itll be all clean and shiny later down the raod.

You dont get the cupholder charlie, I gave my last set to dave so Im in need of some stocking up. The armrest is there though. Youll need to find a cover but i can give you a missmatch till you do otr you can recover it if youd like.

LewZur
09-24-2009, 10:06 PM

Here's a pic of an oem trunk rack on my parts car:lol:(can you tell?)

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu155/3rdGenDX/1988%20Accord%20DX/DSCN0081.jpg

2oodoor
09-25-2009, 04:20 AM
I saw one oem, in the yard and wish I would have got it. That one does look like a spoiler at glance and they are handy sometimes.

carotman
09-25-2009, 04:36 AM
Any blue hatch? (Interior)

Joay
09-25-2009, 06:09 AM
Ill probably store it for a while but youll be the 1st to get it joay if it leaves my possession. Plus itll be all clean and shiny later down the raod.
Awesome, thanks dude.

charliekuney
09-25-2009, 06:29 AM

This is Washington. Home of the Brittany Blue SE-i coupes and [other] blue hatches. Like, four people within a square block of my house have blue hatches.

mykwikcoupe
09-25-2009, 07:28 AM

their was one other hatch. it wasnt blue though. the rear hatch was made from plywood and 10 times heavier than stock. The lift supports were gone and the cars are up off the ground stacked on rims. It was killer. I cant remember but Ill keep and eye out for you. Do the same year different cars share the same pattern at all? I know I seee a million blue sedans a day. I saw my 1st blue hatch on craigslist the other day. Reminded me or b20aturbo's car that versanik bought.

frantik
09-25-2009, 07:48 AM
from honda brochure

http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/w/images/6/63/Luggagerack.jpg

mykwikcoupe
09-25-2009, 08:39 AM
all theses years and Ive never seen one. When I finally do I pass on it. Thats not like me at all. Becuase it didnt say honda or appear to be made by them i thought it was afterm,arket. I was hoping they had a blockoff plet for the 3rd light in the rear deck. Oh well im hoping itll be there next time I go (hopefully tomorrow) and Ill just grab the entire trunk. Its fitment is on par with any other. Its a great design

stat1K
09-25-2009, 09:01 AM
i'm sure it will dude, people aren't gonna zero in on a trunk rack typically, not from a 3g ya know?

it looks clean though with that brake light, i've seen a few of them but never in any good shape to take.

snoopyloopy
09-25-2009, 01:32 PM
I would bet the fire was a power steering line, i'm old enough to remember talk of a recall but it never materialized, there have been a lot of them burned by that power steering hose baking over the manifold and cracking.

woo thank god all my fluid leaked out then.

LewZur
09-25-2009, 02:39 PM
their was one other hatch. it wasnt blue though. the rear hatch was made from plywood and 10 times heavier than stock. The lift supports were gone and the cars are up off the ground stacked on rims. It was killer. I cant remember but Ill keep and eye out for you. Do the same year different cars share the same pattern at all? I know I seee a million blue sedans a day. I saw my 1st blue hatch on craigslist the other day. Reminded me or b20aturbo's car that versanik bought.

If you find any blue sedan door panels for an lx-i let me know. I want to swap my electric windows out of my parts car, it has red interior:thumbdn:so I can't use it.

all theses years and Ive never seen one. When I finally do I pass on it. Thats not like me at all. Becuase it didnt say honda or appear to be made by them i thought it was afterm,arket. I was hoping they had a blockoff plet for the 3rd light in the rear deck. Oh well im hoping itll be there next time I go (hopefully tomorrow) and Ill just grab the entire trunk. Its fitment is on par with any other. Its a great design

I wish they would've deleted the space for the 3rd light with the rack option.

2oodoor
09-25-2009, 02:45 PM
lew zer, mushroom toy had some he was chunking out, may stil have em idunno
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69806

RobT5580
09-25-2009, 04:35 PM
I had the rack on my 2nd coupe and i was not a big fan of it.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-26-2009, 07:23 AM
I had a trunk rack on my first SE-i, and I hated it... It didn't have the brake light though, and was a chrome finish....only actually used it once when going snowboarding with 3 people and I couldn't fold down the back seat to fit the long boards in.

mykwikcoupe
09-26-2009, 07:49 AM
so should I grab it to keep as an option not found often or just let it stay in the wreckers yard? If I ever got a sedan again, id probably put it on but i really dont see myself ever getting a asdedan again though.

LewZur
09-26-2009, 09:00 AM
lew zer, mushroom toy had some he was chunking out, may stil have em idunno
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69806

Gone like my beer, sad really:beer:
:bowrofl:

so should I grab it to keep as an option not found often or just let it stay in the wreckers yard? If I ever got a sedan again, id probably put it on but i really dont see myself ever getting a asdedan again though.

I'd grab it if you could get it cheap:cheers:

mykwikcoupe
09-26-2009, 04:59 PM
trunck mount rack gone to charlie. He liked it so much. Poor guy drive 2 hours up to the junkyard and turns out they dont allow miners in the yard. I had to go pull his parts for him and take them up to him to approve or disapprove. It was great. I even managed to get my wife to help load the car. Hes not really the greasy type you know.

charliekuney
09-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Hes not really the greasy type you know.

Definitely not. I'll never regret picking that rack up.

MessyHonda
09-27-2009, 01:13 PM
haha...pics of it installed

LewZur
09-27-2009, 01:33 PM
haha...pics of it installed

I'd like to see installed pics too, Charlie.

Civic Accord Honda
09-27-2009, 01:39 PM
i think hes selling his car so he probably wont be installing it until he gets another one ^

Rendon LX-i
09-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Why...lol....

charliekuney
09-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Look here (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=977370#post977370).