PDA

View Full Version : automatic trans fluid type?

fijisac
09-25-2009, 10:06 AM
i just have 1 question about automatic trans fluid, well in the workshop manual it says to use dexron:bong: 2 but i cant find it anywhere so i just wounding what fluid you guys use and what brand. if anyone can plz help me out i would really appreciate it]. thank you

Vanilla Sky
09-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Dexron III supercedes Dexron II, but you really should go for Honda ATF-Z instead. While ATF-Z came out after these cars, it was speced for transmissions built just like these by the same company. ATF-Z has been known to cure lagging shifts, hard shifts, and sometimes no shifts. All of that depends on the condition of the transmission itself, but if the fluid is the problem or it's clogged up, the ATF-Z will likely cure your issues.

fijisac
09-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Dexron III supercedes Dexron II, but you really should go for Honda ATF-Z instead. While ATF-Z came out after these cars, it was speced for transmissions built just like these by the same company. ATF-Z has been known to cure lagging shifts, hard shifts, and sometimes no shifts. All of that depends on the condition of the transmission itself, but if the fluid is the problem or it's clogged up, the ATF-Z will likely cure your issues.

well i just wannted 2 know cause i plan on buying another 3gee and i want change out all the fluid b4 i start using it as my dd and ty 4 the info.......:D