PDA

View Full Version : Junkyad sei coupe

dacantu
09-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Guess what guys I found an sei coupe 5 spd with 187xxx miles at the junk yard. Im about to grab me a 5 speed tranny and the rear disk brakes. Sorry though guys the leather seats are all burnt to hell

mykwikcoupe
09-26-2009, 05:00 PM
what color is the interior. Id be down for a dark grey drivers door panel

dacantu
09-26-2009, 05:01 PM
what color is the interior. Id be down for a dark grey drivers door panel

It is dark gray i'll post some pics that i took of it.

dacantu
09-26-2009, 05:14 PM
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0515.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0516.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0519.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0518.jpg
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dacantu/IMG_0517.jpg

These are all the pictures I could take guys let me know if you see anything in there that youd like. I'm not gonna lie guys almost everything is in really crappy shape. I feel bad for this car it had a cruel owner. lol

stat1K
09-26-2009, 06:15 PM
which yard is that at? pick n pull or one of the phoenix ones like ecology?

dacantu
09-26-2009, 06:18 PM
which yard is that at? pick n pull or one of the phoenix ones like ecology?

I dont know if its just a phoenix one but its called Pull a Part and i you remember its off of 25th ave and Buckeye.

w261w261
09-26-2009, 06:52 PM
If they don't try to hold you up for it, you might grab the rear seat back. It looks like its in good shape, and the headrests seem ok - usually on beat up cars like this, they're split from the sun. Eventually someone will thank you for it. Maybe get the window drop relay out of the driver's door (I guess coupes have it?), and the ECU from under the driver's seat.

stat1K
09-26-2009, 07:06 PM
yeah the yellow building and wall one, they have good shit from time to time, it's right down the street from ecology... we used to go there all the time.

snoopyloopy
09-26-2009, 08:12 PM
if you start cursing trying to remove the pedal assembly, lmk. i have one sitting in my garage...

and don't grab what you don't need off disks lol if they charge piece by piece.

charliekuney
09-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Dude, what's happening to my post? I said I wanted the cup holders (if they are there), and it disappeared...

mykwikcoupe
09-26-2009, 08:21 PM
wrong post section young charlie. try the appearance section under "I heard you guys like sei's"

charliekuney
09-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Just kidding. I can't keep track of all the threads I'm watching. Why, hello subscriptions...

dacantu
09-27-2009, 12:35 PM
If they don't try to hold you up for it, you might grab the rear seat back. It looks like its in good shape, and the headrests seem ok - usually on beat up cars like this, they're split from the sun. Eventually someone will thank you for it. Maybe get the window drop relay out of the driver's door (I guess coupes have it?), and the ECU from under the driver's seat.

Yeah thats what I was thinking about the back seat just the back part of it is in good shape I was actually leaving that open to someone wo might just need that part. I wouldnt really want a mismatch back seat. so if anyone thinks they good use that its the only part of the interior thats in good shape. The head rests arent in good shape though the pictures just dont show where theyre all dried up. Now about the ECU is it much different than that of the lx-i or what are the differences?

yeah the yellow building and wall one, they have good shit from time to time, it's right down the street from ecology... we used to go there all the time.

Yeah its right by ecology like a minute away. they always have a ton of 3geez but most of the time theyre already stripped clean. Theres a pull n save right near there that only has a few 3geez but theyre almost complete.

if you start cursing trying to remove the pedal assembly, lmk. i have one sitting in my garage...

and don't grab what you don't need off disks lol if they charge piece by piece.

Cool I appreciate it Snoopy. I'll let you know if I have trouble with that. As for the brakes they will be charging me peice by peice unfortunately. Do you know which peices I wouldnt need to buy? I'm not quite experienced enough to determine what I need and what i dont. Thank you.

w261w261
09-27-2009, 02:46 PM
The ECU for an SE-i is the same as the LX-i I think '88-'89. The manual ECU's are different than the autos. I'm pretty sure the '86-'87's had different ones also.

If the head rests aren't totally good I'd say pass on the seatback, although I guess if they're marginal someone that had real bad ones might want to trade up.

MessyHonda
09-27-2009, 02:51 PM
yeah the lx-i and se-i have the same mechanicals its just like the luxury version....the ecu should be the same...the only thing performance that i can think of is the dual tip exhaust

charliekuney
09-27-2009, 04:31 PM
yeah the lx-i and se-i have the same mechanicals its just like the luxury version....the ecu should be the same...the only thing "performance" (read: another aesthetic) that i can think of is the dual tip exhaust

Fixed.

I think the ECU's are difference because of the amp. Not sure, but that came to mind.

stat1K
09-27-2009, 05:09 PM
because of the amp??? what are you talking about?

MessyHonda
09-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Fixed.

I think the ECU's are difference because of the amp. Not sure, but that came to mind.

the amp is in the trunk...the ecu has nothing to do with the stereo...its the same...i took mine out and went obd1...that will make a bigger diference

charliekuney
09-27-2009, 09:48 PM
because of the amp??? what are you talking about?

I don't know. I thought I read something about the SE-i's ECU being different for some odd reason.

dacantu
09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Well guys i got the ecu anyways im going to need it anyways for when i swap the 5speed tranny anyways i also grabbed the rear disc brakes but someone had already taken the 4040 proportion valve that i needed ugh!

MessyHonda
09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Well guys i got the ecu anyways im going to need it anyways for when i swap the 5speed tranny anyways i also grabbed the rear disc brakes but someone had already taken the 4040 proportion valve that i needed ugh!

the stock valve will work fine