PDA

View Full Version : Selling all or part of '87 Accord LXi

7ecapilot
09-27-2009, 09:25 AM
My son wrecked our '87 Accord LXi in December '08. I thought that I might try to resurrect it, but I don't have the time nor money. So, I am trying to sell it. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area and would rather sell the whole car, but I will consider parting it out. I need to do this soon, as it is taking up valuable driveway space. All of the doors and glass are intact. There is a crack in the windshield that was there before the accident. The left front side is pretty much smashed. So, the hood, left front quarter, and all connecting pieces are bent. The power steering fluid reservoir is smashed. I can send photos. The car has always been pretty well maintained. It isn't as clean as it used to be, since, my kids started driving it. It has about 270,000 miles on it. I couldn't tell you all that has been replaced over the years. I am the second owner. I bought it from a friend in '99 and it was my primary vehicle until about 2002. It had been our 3rd car since then.

It is a stock Accord LXi and nearly everything on it worked when it was crashed. Everything except the A/C and the power antenna.

Partial List:
---------------------
Power windows (all working)
Power mirrors (all working)
Stock alloy wheels (scuffed, but otherwise in good shape; 13 in)
Power steering (pump is OK, reservoir is smashed)
Power brakes (in good shape)
5 speed
AM/FM cassette (after market)
Honda floormats (pretty worn now)
Tires have about 20,000 mi (club tires; nothing special)
Interior is intact, but pretty worn (22 yrs old; 5 out of 10, some worn seams; no tears)
Power moonroof (leaks, but still operates)

I have very limited tools, experience and time to remove lots of parts. I am willing to try and can probably get some help. But, We will need to work out details on any part that is sent. I would rather that this thing go to someone in the SF Bay Area. So, that I don't have the hassle of shipping and someone can come and remove stuff themselves. Some easily removed parts have already been taken off. Like taillights, seats, radio, etc. We still have these as of 9/25/09. All are for sale.

I am willing to ship stuff, but you will pay for the agreed upon price of the part(s) plus shipping up front (no C.O.D.). Payments in cash, US Postal Money Order, Cashiers check from a US Bank. I can take a PayPal payment, too.

I tried to attach a photo of the car in its current state. If it doesn't show, then I can email photos.
___
Thanks to a fellow member for reminding me to include model information:
1987 Honda Accord LX-i, 4 door, Sedan
Steel Metallic Gray
Gray cloth upholstery
Gray vinyl dash (has a tear) and center console (cassette tape and pencil storage)

7ecapilot
12-13-2009, 09:41 AM
This car has been sold. Thanks for looking.